RC poster

Connection Issues?

I️ have a slightly older E-Revo (4-5 years, before the TSM came out). Just recently, I️ started having connection issues between the Tx and the Rx. It’ll connect flawlessly up close, but once it gets past about 40 feet, all connection is lost, and I️ don’t gain control again until I️ get closer. I’ve also noticed that it does the same thing if I’m not aiming the Tx antenna directly at the truck. I’m not sure how to fix all this. I’ve tried rebinding the two, I’ve tried taking the Rx antenna tube off, and extending more of the antenna out of the water resistant Rx casing. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

RC Competitor
    Stating with the obvious, have you tried new batteries in the Transmitter? Do have another transmitter or receiver you can try? A Friend that has a Traxxas or the local hobby shop may be able to help narrow down the cause. If not, a used receiver and transmitter set off Ebay are not terribly expensive.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliensrgr8 View Post
    Stating with the obvious, have you tried new batteries in the Transmitter? Do have another transmitter or receiver you can try? A Friend that has a Traxxas or the local hobby shop may be able to help narrow down the cause. If not, a used receiver and transmitter set off Ebay are not terribly expensive.
    I️ did replace the batteries, but still no luck. I️ donít have any friends with Traxxas, nor is my hobby shop relatively local, unfortunately. If I️ did go with a new Rx/Tx set, would it be worth it to get an upgrade such as the TQi? Of stay with the model that came with the truck?

RC Competitor
    The TQI upgrade is a personal choice that you will need to make. If you update to a TQI system, it will be compatible with any Traxxas vehicles that are currently being produced. If you purchase another vehicle, you could run both vehicles with one transmitter. I do this with my Revo and Slash.

Here is there compatibility guide: https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide
    You can reference this so you know which Transmitters and Receivers are compatible.

You could also look at another TX/RX manufacturer. I believe that Futaba are well known for having outstanding range.
    Last edited by Aliensrgr8; 11-28-2017 at 06:12 PM.