RC Qualifier

Exclamation Help! Castle motor & esc

This will end up going in a sl4sh ultimate.

What is the best Castle ESC that is waterproof, sensored capable, telemetry capable, minimum 2s lipo, maximum 6s lipo or higher, etc. u get the point. it needs all the bells & whistles and highest quality, highest speed,power,etc.

what is the best castle sensored motor compatible w/ the castle ESC that fits my requirements u think is the best 4 my build in the sl4sh?

how do i make the "castle mamba xlx extreme" waterproof, sensored capable, telemetry capable, etc? i want to have the ultimate basher.

plz answer in-depth so you and i dont use up our post count max.(mine is 10. IDK id its different 4 anyone else)

I need 2 know soon! its almost cyber monday!
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

Help! Castle motor & esc

Does it have to be castle? Maybe go with the with a mamba X 1/8 and the 2200kv. Some people say that you shouldn't run such low kv on 6s in a sl4sh because the diff's will die. Or go with the castle mamba x 1/10 with the sensored 3800kv.
    You could also go with the 1/10 mamba x with the castle 2400kv. People have said that the 2400kv on 4s is really good! I would go with this system. I think the motor is capable of 5s

If you didnt have to go with castle, i would go with a tekin rx8.
    I dont think the mamba xlx will be a good idea in a sl4sh besides doing speed runs.
    Thx for the help on my thread on chargers
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Amistry20; 11-26-2017 at 06:20 AM.
    I ask way to many questions

RC Qualifier
    why is the mamba x on 6s on sl4sh w/ sensored 3800kv motor bad? and ur most welcome. im glad i could help.

i am also now going to research this tekin rx8. snandby on THOSE questions. geez, im so high maitinence. <idk how 2 spell lol

RC Qualifier
    so wjich is better? mamba x on 6s w/ 3600 kv sensored motor, or tekin rx8 gen 3 on 6s? what tekin motor should i use if i go tekin?
    or a hobbywing motor? wat s your combo reccomendation?
    plz answr all of these questions in depth. this is my last post im able 2 do today b/c ive hit my max.(10)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you are either getting a bunch of stuff confused or just aren't grasping the concept... you will not be running a 3600 kv motor on 6s....

What I would not do, first off, is PM people be cause you are impatient and can't wait for an answer......

dude, do the foot work, tons of threads on here, tons of knowledge... none of us know here what your conditions are, your location, your setup, your intended vehicle purpose, really what your budget is other than you woant the best... there are way too many variables for your situation.

what works best for 1 user, doesn't work the same way for another, even with identical vehicle setups....

are you looking for a wheelie monster? are you looking for a speed demon, do you want on road or off?

I have a tekin rs8 gen 2, and wantto put a 21kv 1/8th scale motor in it soon. I will ber running 3s, it should be capable of about 60 or so..... not everyone can handle an rc car that fast.... on a side note, my 12 year old was driving a trhino and a grizzly this week like a boss.... so... no 2 situations are the same, and no 2 drivers are the same either
    Last edited by jimbo74; 11-26-2017 at 07:18 AM.

RC Qualifier
    What about a 1/5 scale hobbywing ESC? (Max5)
    Here's the link.https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-max5-esc

RC Qualifier
    That ESC will be huge and take up a lot of space. I run the Mamba X ESC with the 3800 KV which is rated for 2s Lipo up to 6.5lbs and 3s Lipo up to 4ish lbs. I do run my 3800 on 3s in my Slash 4x4 but can only do a few speed runs before it gets to hot. I also have the Castle 2200kv motor I switch out for for 6s.

Castle
    -Mamba X, up to 6s

Tekin
    -RX8, up to 6s

Hobbywing
    -XeRun RX8 Plus, up to 6s

For a 4x4 Short Course Truck Above 4.5lbs, Anything above 3800kv, your pretty much limited to 2s

The Castle 2200kv motor is the most popular setup for 6s in a Slash, combined with the Mamba X or a Similar ESC and your set.
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 11-27-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Qualifier
    Is the Max5 telemetry capable? How can I make it sensored capable?

RC Qualifier
    Telemetry is generally controlled by your Receiver.
    You can not convert it to a Sensored ESC that I am aware of.
    Do you plan on making it a 8s Slash?
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

Its exactly what jimbo says, you arent grasping the subject.

You cannot run a 1/5th scale set up without doing serious mods, just look at some of phildoggs speed rigs, you'd basically be them, but it would be a flexy ball of failure.

Do research, you wont need anything more than an 8th scale set-up. Youtube videos do no justice
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

RC Qualifier
    ok. i understand. after further research i realized that this was a BAD idea. so... do you reccomend the hobbywing 1/8 scale xerun, or the mamba x?

I run a hobbywing WP esc, forget the name and a 2650
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

RC Qualifier
    ok... good 4 u. which do u recommend over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by zypher View Post
    I run a hobbywing WP esc, forget the name and a 2650
    Likely the WP SC8. I run one as well. I have used it to power multiple motors including the 2150kv 1/8th scale I'm running now. So far it has been rock solid. I have no experience with the Castle setups(I'm too cheap...lol)
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I think I'm going w/ a castle mamba X and a 4s. I just need to figure out what the max kv sensored castle motor I can put in a sl4sh w/ it is... Anyone know?

RC Racer
    2200kv is all you will ever be able to control in that chassis.Make sure you get a wheelie bar for it lol

RC Qualifier
    I don't need u guys to tell me if it's too much. I know that. I just need to know the highest kv castle sensored motor I can run that will fit in the sl4sh and can take a 4s lipo.

RC Racer
    the 2200kv is pretty much the longest and largest diameter one that will fit without mount modification and the gearing options and power potential is very good.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Thanks. I just looked that up too. My nex question: which ESC is better: the mamba X, or the mamba monster X? What's the difference?

RC Racer
    I would say you will be best off with the mamba x--it will cover any motor you decide to put in it with all the adjustability you are looking for--I will get you the part #
    Last edited by js1badsti; 11-28-2017 at 10:57 PM.

RC Racer
    its actually the mamba monster x extreme -part # 010-0145-00---you can get the cable and tweak the settings to your hearts desire with a laptop

RC Qualifier
    So the mamba monster X is just as durable, but is capable of more than the mamba X? What are the downsides of the mamba monster X compared to the mamba X? So far u guy hav been so helpful, and I really appreciate it

If you are going with Castle Go with the MMX 2650kv combo! With the right gearing you will be very pleased. Plenty of torque and top speed.....I have it in my rusty and am lovin it!

It is ridiculously fast on 3s I can only imagine what it will do on 4s or 6s..........I won't know that until i purchase them in the future. Very satisfied on 3s for the time being.

mmx 2650 rated for 9 lbs

mmx 2200 rated for 15 lbs
    Last edited by lektro; 11-29-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Wait, I thought the 2650 can only b used with a 4s Max? Am I wrong?

Castle says 4s max for the 2650, however, there are people who have put 6s through them (speed runs) for short periods and came out alive. I run mine on 3s and really don't need to go any faster. I'm geared conservative at 17/50, I've gone as high as 26/50 without heat issues but she was just too insane for what I do
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Castle says 4s max for the 2650, however, there are people who have put 6s through them (speed runs) for short periods and came out alive. I run mine on 3s and really don't need to go any faster. I'm geared conservative at 17/50, I've gone as high as 26/50 without heat issues but she was just too insane for what I do
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Ok thanks. I'm gonna get a sl4sh ultimate, mamba monster X ESC, and sensored castle 2200kv Motor, toyoutdoorhobbyies heatsink for 1515 size motors, a 4s and 6s lipo, and other physical upgrades.

I do have another question though... How do I waterproof the castle 1515 size 2200kv Sensored motor?

And how do I waterproof a cooling fan? (The ones that go on top of esc's and motor heatsink a) Thanks for ALL of everyone's help so far.
    Last edited by EvHexRC; 11-29-2017 at 04:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Will a sl4sh have more speed, power, and torque with a mamba monster X, 2200kv castle sensored motor on a 6s, or with a mamba monster X with a castle 2650kv sensored motor on a 4s?

Hey man,

The 2200Kv/6S will have a lot more power but this scenario is not comparing apples to apples. You are not going to want to bash on 6S! Believe me... and I love an extreme setup. I have the 2200Kv/MMX combo and have run it on 6S a few times. It's simply too much power. You will be consistently repairing things. The 2200Kv motor on 4S will probably be all you'd ever want for a daily basher. It even screams on 3S. I have a 2650Kv/MMX basher as well and with the same setup (gearing, tires, etc) and on 4S, the 2200Kv motor is the clear winner. With the 2200Kv/MMX combo, I would highly recommend that you limit your rig to 4S for bashing. At least try it out and see what you think before dropping a nice chunk of change on a good 6S pack (or two 3S packs, in series).

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    I am aware of the fact that a 6s is waaaaaaay too much. So does the 2650kv on 4s, or the 2200kv on 6s has more speed, torque?

RC Qualifier
    And how much slower is the 2200kv on a 4s instead of a 6s?

The 2200Kv, no matter 4S or 6S, will outperform the 2650Kv on an identically setup rig. The 2650Kv motor is great, too. I've never had a problem with it but it simply doesn't have the power of the 2200Kv with the same voltage.

There is nothing "slow" about the 2200Kv on 4S. How you gear it will ultimately determine how fast the rig is. You could build your rig to get 100mph+ out of it or gear it down and have tons of low-end torque/power but less top speed. I like a middle-ground for mine to balance out speed and torque so I gear it accordingly. Even setup this way, unless I'm in a large field or something, I hardly ever reach top speed. Most of my bashing fun comes at lower speeds so this works out well.

-Shack

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, shack! And have I misunderstood kv? If there is less kv, does it produce higher speeds, or does it produce higher speeds of its a higher kv?

RC Racer
    higher kv more rpm less trq--lower kv less rpm but more trq.hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    Yup. That's what I thought, but usually one to second and triple guess myself! Thanks 4 the confirmation