So far Iíve got on order:
    MIP X Duty F&R axles
    Aluminum rear axle block, front C block and steering block
    Robinson Racing slipper kit W/metal spur
    RPM lower control arms
    GTX shocks all around with Blue springs
    Tekno big bore drive shaft
    Robinson Racing Motor mount

The 4x4 slash comes its the 2075 servo, seems ok. Is it?
    Should I consider Proline tires? I run mostly in very lose sandy conditions, donít really do roads or parking lots, BORING lol.

What am I missing? How are the diffs? Do the stock diffs have the 6882x?

Thank you
    Stampede 4X4

What's up Bif!

I like your way of thinking. The list of parts you mentioned will certainly help the durability of your rig. You said you want to build the "Ultimate Basher". If that is what you truly mean, these parts are just the beginning. Loose the 2075. I'm not saying it's bad, but you want a faster and more powerful servo. Trust me. As for the 6882x, no, that particular kit is not in the Slash by default. You haven't mentioned motor/esc. The ultimate basher will not be running a stock setup. No secret here that I'd suggest you get a Castle 2200Kv/MMX combo. In addition, you will also want to beef up your diffs. Ditch the plastic cups and most internals and either piece it out and rebuild with XO-1 parts or buy a bulletproof cup like this.

There are a few other parts I would add but I'll wait and see if this is even the path you're taking!

-Shack

Upgrade your tires
    The list of upgrades never end

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would get proline pre-mounted f-11 17s with the 2.8" badland mx tires

RC Competitor
    All great suggestions, in fact I’ll be doing exactly that. I really like the diff cup and plan to build XO-1 diffs, I’ve already upgraded my Stampede diffs, I think. What other parts are different in the XO-1 diffs, I though the 6882x kit pretty much does it.

I have a Castle Motor and Mamba X in my Pede, going with this but bigger in the Slash is really a no brainer, love Castle.

I also have MIP 17mm adapters and Proline 2.8 Trenchers on the Pede, think I’ll try the Badlands here.

This is the Savox servo in my Pede:
    Savox .15/277.7 Aluminum Case Waterproof Coreless Digital Servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EENOCDU..._y8nhAbHB4E8E5.
    What do you think about it for the Slash?
    Stampede 4X4

Traxxas 6882x will get you the I-bar. You can also toss in TRA3978 for the side plates and have a few extra parts for future use. Without a doubt, I would still use an aluminum cup! As for the servo, that is a solid part but I would have to recommend the SW1211SG if you must have full-blown waterproof. It has twice the torque and is more than twice as fast as the default 2075 (at 7.4v). I have run it with BadlandsMX 2.8s and it throws them around with the quickness. There are other servos that I use and like even better but they can get pricey and/or not all are waterproof. Unless you plan to drive where you might totally submerge the rig, a really nice servo that I've only had for a short time is the Savox SB2274SG-CE Ryan Cavalieri Edition... it is freaking awesome! I did a few minor things to help "waterproof' it (took all of 10 minutes) and it can easily handle getting a little wet. I have bashed in the rain and no ill effects.

Specifications:
    Torque @ 6v - 20.0kg/277.7oz-in
    Torque @ 7.4v - 25.0kg/347.2oz-in
    Speed @ 6v - 0.105 sec/60 deg
    Speed @ 7.4v - 0.08 sec/60 deg

-Shack

RC Competitor
    So far I’ve got everything but a servo and motor/ESC. Was about to buy them whenmy wife reminded me I have to finish Christmas shopping for other people first.
    Stampede 4X4

get the slipper clutch bearing adapter in aluminum. you'll melt the stock one after a couple of runs

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Blue-...earing+adapter
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    get the slipper clutch bearing adapter in aluminum. you'll melt the stock one after a couple of runs

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Blue-...earing+adapter

That is solid advice, for sure, but I personally would use this one instead. It actually extends the full width of the bearing and there is a bit less wobble.

Here's a few pics.

-Shack

RC Competitor
    I’ve got that same motor mount in my Pepe, but going with ST racing because it’s red.

I already have the Robinson Racing Gen3 Slipper/Spur gear kit that includes a brass bearing adapter, it’s totaly awesome. I really appreciate all the help I can get though, thank you.

Got it all together:
    MIP xduty, GTR shocks+Blue rate springs, aluminum carriers and blocks, all on each corner. ST Racing Motor mount, Robinson Racing Gen3 slipper/spur gear set up, and XO-1 front and rear diffs w/100k oil. Battery expansion for large 3s battery, Hot Racing Bell crank/servo Saver, and Proline body attachment kit. I have a wheelie kit I’ll install at some point.

Took it out for a spin to check things out, ran very smooth at high speeds and fast!

Since I’ve got nothing to do with the current motor after I replace it I might as well run the **** out of it. I need the tires and wheels and servo ASAP, stock just won’t do me now.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Racer
    If the combo isnt to bad and beaten up then I would sell it or put it in a cheap used 2wd slash or some other 2wd. It's still a good system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Maybe I can find a used truck to buy and put it in for cheap.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    I put 60wt oil in my GTR shocks, thinking it might be a little heavy, how do you know if you’ve got the right oil?
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Do most get the Proline monster truck 2.8 tires or the SCT prolines? I put my Trenchers from the Pede on the slash to try them out and I liked it but I kind of want to try out the thinner and maybe faster SCT wheels/tires.

Thoughts?
    Stampede 4X4