RC poster

ez peak live - firmware updates?

I just got this charger and it seems really nice. I like the app, using ipad mini in my garage. It provides detailed information about the charge and battery.

I was not able to find any firmware information, yet the manual references this and directs you to the traxxas site. This unit has been out for several months now and not one firmware update?

It did not come with any cables or adapters for my older batteries They should offer a cable kit.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Firmware should have updated as soon as the app connected to the charger. Mine did...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Firmware should have updated as soon as the app connected to the charger. Mine did...
    can you please check what version you have? Maybe mine came with the latest version.

Under the menu --> About, shows "Available Firmware" 3.49

Does that mean I need to take action to make it update? I cannot click on anything or find a option to update.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyexpress View Post
    can you please check what version you have? Maybe mine came with the latest version.

Under the menu --> About, shows "Available Firmware" 3.49

Does that mean I need to take action to make it update? I cannot click on anything or find a option to update.
    I contacted Traxxas Support and they told me that the app will display "Available firmware", but that really means that is what is installed. Poor wording with "Available" when it should say "Current".

Can somebody with a iDevice please confirm that is what you see when you go to
    menu --> About, and see if your says "Available Firmware" 3.49

Per the tech, this does not mean there is a update available, which is what it implies. I guess mine came with the latest firmware already.

RC Competitor
    I wish the app showed the current voltage while charging. There is no way to see the balance of the cells that I can find. Or is there?