RC poster

I want more clearance on my Bandit VXL.... any suggestions?

Hey there guys I was looking for a bit more clearance on my Bandit VXL and was wondering if anyone has done a conversion to a rustler recently? Ive looked around a bit but most of the posts ive found regarding conversions are fairly old and i just wanted to make sure im doing it correctly... thanks for any thoughts guys!!

ps- i know its a diff topic but just got me an Aton the other day and holy smokes is that thing fun!!!

do you mean ground clearance?
    if so you could just tighten the springs and/or change the mounting positions to increase ride hight but if your still wanting to do the conversion then... not quite sure
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC poster
    yeah ground clearance... wanted to just get it up where i can run from concrete to grassy areas without it bottoming out...
    was thinking about maybe just putting the bigger tires all around but idk then i hear you gotta adjust the pinion and all that and thatll be me biting off more than i wanna chew lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coons81 View Post
    yeah ground clearance... wanted to just get it up where i can run from concrete to grassy areas without it bottoming out...
    was thinking about maybe just putting the bigger tires all around but idk then i hear you gotta adjust the pinion and all that and thatll be me biting off more than i wanna chew lol
    To swap a pinion, take the gear cover off(2 screws) and remove the pinion(1 screw). I have faith you can do it. Changing the suspension geometry should also be easy and it'll get you the result you want.