RC poster

Brushless upgrade or new RC?

Hey, I have a Telluride stock minus the body and I was considering upgrading to brushless and lipo. I like the telluride and the emax (brushed) I had before it. I am debating if I want to upgrade the Telluride or invest in a 2nd Rc such as a Emax or Summit brushless. Obviously either way I'll need lipos so I am aware of the cost there. Does telluride do well brushless or would it be worry the few hundred extra to buy a new brushless rc? No racing, just normal offroad use.

Thanks in advance for your input.

One thing nice about the telluride is it only uses one battery at a time. If you buy a summit new and make it brushless it's going to be well over $600. Or do both then you have 2.

Breaking parts one run at a time

RC poster
    Good point. I was doing some searching, if I decided to get a 2nd RC I might get the Stampede 4x4 brushless. I just redid the body on the telluride and was looking at possibly seeing if I could get a summit body to fit and make a apocalyptic style.

RC poster

I want to get that body for my summit. Wonder if the tactical unit body would fit the telluride or stampede?

Breaking parts one run at a time

RC Competitor
    Well, it depends on what you defy as fun. I wouldn't recommend upgrading a summit for brushless. With LiPo's, you could break those remote locking diff's. I would recommend for a new RC a E-Revo. Stupid on 6S and $70 less than a brushless summit.