RC Qualifier

Where to buy Slash 4x4 VXL?

I have a co-worker that's new to R/C's and he wanted a smaller version of my Slash 4x4 1/10th scale

I suggested the Slash 4x4 1/16 VXL, but we can't seem to find them anywhere

All we see are the brushed versions

Even the Traxxas site only shows the brushed version available

I know most would say just buy the brushed version and upgrade later (that's what I'd do personally), but he's not into wrenching and would rather just get the VXL out of the box

You probably canít find a 1/16 slash 4x4 VXL because they donít exist. He will need to buy the brushed version and then go brushless. For less money he could get a brushed 1/10 slash 2wd which would be a lot more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Agreed. While the 1/10 scale slash is only 2wd, its larger size allows it to go over rough terrain.

in the end, the 2wd 1/10 scale is a more capable (and fun) truck than the 4x4 1/16 scale. the 16 scale is also half the size and flipps over easily

forgot to mention that I made a mistake. the 1/16 slash 4x4 vxl DID exist but it it was discontinued around 2012.

RC Enthusiast
    Just tell him to get a MERV. I have a 1/10 Slash 2wd, and a 1/16 E-revo vxl with TSM. The MERV is so much more fun than the Slash.
    Side by side, the Slash chassis, looks prehistoric, compared to the E-revo.

RC Qualifier
    Showed him my Slash 4x4 1/10th and he says it's too big

Any particular reason why the VXL was discontinued?

Were there any issues with the parts breaking from the extra power?

RC Racer
    I have the slash VXL but it is older. I'm guessing around 7 years old. They did make them but I think they just didn't sell that well so they just make the brushed version now. It has been a pretty reliable car. I have replaced some parts and upgraded a few things over the years but overall it still works and I still drive it off and on. I will say I always wanted the revo version but at the time it was probably $50 less than the revo. Mine came with the older am transmitter while the Revo were came with 2.4. Anyway I always wish I had the revo because this thing goes through the tires pretty quick on the road and sidewalks I drive on, it won't go through grass very well, it does roll over pretty easily, so it's hard to drive.

I would suggest getting the revo as well over the slash. But I wouldn't think it would be too hard to convert it over to the vxl system if you wanted to.