RC Racer

Body alternatives

I am looking to get the Ford Gt for my son but wanted to check with folks on any other bodies that fit. I read that the bodies made by Vaterra fit well and wanted to check if anyone had bought one off the shelf and used it. I have dealt primarily with the Slash and am used to dabbling with aftermarket bodies made by Proline and Jconcepts. However, the whole 190-200 mm concept is a little new to me and last thing I want is to drop money on something that canít be repurposed.

RC Qualifier
    just about any 200mm or 190mm 1/10 body should fit. I've seen almost all the VTA bodies fit, the Ford GT body from protoform (i think) fits. i put a ford mustang from Deltaplatik, and it fit perfectly. there are so many sedan and drift bodies available, it makes it hard to choose...
    just be careful buying pre-painted bodies for the Vaterra because they may have the body-mount holes already punched.

RC poster
    My 4tec converted to a VTA for racing. Protoform vintage 1971 Trans Am on there. I have another spec 4tec I'm prepping with a 190mm Protoform Vette body.

Oh well....Photobucket no longer hosts at all. Garbage adds. I need to find another website to host my pics.

RC poster
    Here is my 4tec converted to VTA.

RC Qualifier
    That is awesome!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Electronut View Post
    Here is my 4tec converted to VTA.

That is super cool. I purchased about 7 bodies from different vendors. Will post as soon as I get time to swap out the mounting posts.