RC Competitor

Battery strap ideas?

I want to find a way to get a mount with velcro straps if possible for my 4x4 pede so i dont have to keep changing the battery hold down between the 25mm and 29mm bars...

I was thinking of even making my own out of acrylic possibly or maybe a piece of carbon fibre but was wure what would be the best material or if there are available options for purchase out there other than puretech or something...

I am in that hunt myself! Would love to find something where I don't have to start chopping on the chassis. At the moment I am limited to 3s and would like to go to 4s. I am looking forward to more responses and hope someone has come up with the ultimate solution, other than chopping on the chassis. I will definitely be pondering over it..... When I get my 4s or go with 2 2s or 2 3s I will be putting on my thinking cap.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Hey Lektro, so after a lot of research it seems i could only find a company called Pure Tech Products does make velcro battery strap hold downs, but it would end up costing too much for me to ship over, so i ended up drilling the chassis instead, then going to lay down some high density packing foam to cushion the batterys base a bit...

Thank you Ghost! I will look into PTP. I am thinking of making my own buckle and just finding some straps. Try to make it look like it was done in the factory. Everything I have modified, I try not to cut, chop if I don't have too................I like it mean and clean.....
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Working on figuring this out myself. I think I am going to end up cutting a slot in the side of the body to run a piece of Velcro through the slit to hold down the battery. I have come across a few pictures of people that have done and it looks pretty nice.

That's exactly what i don't want to do! If that were the case, I would have done it long ago. I will make several buckles out of the highest strength aluminum, that a strap will fit through and bolt them to the chassis. It will actually look like it was done at the factory when I'm done. I have seen were many people have cut into the chassis and some looked really hacked up.

I have taken so much pride in what I have done so far, to both my p4de and my rusty. No reason to stop now.
    Choose Life !!!

try this. Itís a metal plate with straps under it. Found it on an old thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon🦎

Oh Wow! I like that. Thanks Ian................................Just for shoots and giggles. I have a Roland 600 engraver at work. I will engrave something really cool on it...My search is over.........You the man!
    Choose Life !!!

Puretech makes good straps.

Just wipe the battery tray down with rubbing alcohol and press the adhesive on there pretty good. I have used two of them and like both of them.

"Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Oh Wow! I like that. Thanks Ian................................Just for shoots and giggles. I have a Roland 600 engraver at work. I will engrave something really cool on it...My search is over.........You the man!
    Thanks! Glad I could help

You could use a lexan plate instead of the aluminum one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    You could use a lexan plate instead of the aluminum one.

I like the idea of aluminum... I will truly find, something really cool to engrave on it. I also like the battery straps from puretech... Thanx Ghost and SlashMaxx!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    I like the idea of aluminum... I will truly find, something really cool to engrave on it. I also like the battery straps from puretech... Thanx Ghost and SlashMaxx!

I was advised not to use metal or carbon fiber mainly coz both conduct electricity if the battery were to get messed up...

I.e from a pebble / stone getting into The chassis and the battery smacking it hard on landings... thats why i went with high density foam (like in traxxas packing for parts) as an underlay to both protect and to prevent it conducting electricity should anything happen...

A plate of aluminum isnít that different from the hard plastic chassis that the battery normally sits on.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ghost- View Post
    I was advised not to use metal or carbon fiber mainly coz both conduct electricity if the battery were to get messed up...

I.e from a pebble / stone getting into The chassis and the battery smacking it hard on landings... thats why i went with high density foam (like in traxxas packing for parts) as an underlay to both protect and to prevent it conducting electricity should anything happen...
    So if that were to happen which the chances are there, but slim. I wonder what the outcome would be. A melted chassis you think or maybe a fire? Yikes!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    So if that were to happen which the chances are there, but slim. I wonder what the outcome would be. A melted chassis you think or maybe a fire? Yikes!
    They did mention the battery could catch fire since we do like using lipos...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ghost- View Post

Where will the current go? Through an aluminum plate? This advice is not sound. Think of all the fully aluminum chassis' out there. LIPo's that fail, normally catch fire, eat themselves, and it's over. I'd say it would be better for your vehicle to have the battery sit on padded aluminum. Aluminum will try and disperse the heat in the event of failure. You won't be worried about your battery plate or chassis if your car catches on fire anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Where will the current go? Through an aluminum plate? This advice is not sound. Think of all the fully aluminum chassis' out there. LIPo's that fail, normally catch fire, eat themselves, and it's over. I'd say it would be better for your vehicle to have the battery sit on padded aluminum. Aluminum will try and disperse the heat in the event of failure. You won't be worried about your battery plate or chassis if your car catches on fire anyhow.
    I like that advise Grip. Pretty sound too....Thanks
    Choose Life !!!