Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Have you ever seen alu rims used on a 1:5 truck? I have access to POM plastic and I machined in this material yesterday (video below) but alu would look awesome my initial thought was to machine two piece rims in aluminum but I’m afraid it would either become to heavy or to weak.. That might be the reason alu rims is not common. I’ll see if I can source those monsters here so I can have a set to design from. Sorry to drag your thread off topic but please pm me if you have any good info regarding wheels as you seem to have tried a lot of them and have some experience.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alNb7VVpQwM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Some updates and pics for those who are interested...
    After some modifications to fit Max5 ESC and TP5860 motor, itís almost ready.. decide not to use ESC mount and 58mm heatsink, donít want many cables and stuff sticking up like home made.. no offense to anyone... Max5 ESC been modified, I now have 8Volts for the motor fans and 12volts for green lights/front and rear lights stabilized out of Max5 and donít need additional battery(s) as first planned... cool! also traxxas telemetry has been replaced to Graupner X-8E with GPS-module receiver, Gyro for TSM with all GPS data/speed, volt and temp etc direct to the X-8E. Special chemicals needed to solder motor to ESC now (short distances, hard cables) and rebuild charger cables for Bat-Safe.. re-modifying stock gear cover to fit and upload some pics later...

Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Beautiful ....I love seeing work put into an xmaxx I love these monster trucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    Have you ever seen alu rims used on a 1:5 truck? I have access to POM plastic and I machined in this material yesterday (video below) but alu would look awesome my initial thought was to machine two piece rims in aluminum but I’m afraid it would either become to heavy or to weak.. That might be the reason alu rims is not common. I’ll see if I can source those monsters here so I can have a set to design from. Sorry to drag your thread off topic but please pm me if you have any good info regarding wheels as you seem to have tried a lot of them and have some experience.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alNb7VVpQwM
    No i haven't seen MT alu rims, would be awesome if not to weak as you said.. cool video.. Thx

I only have 4 rims, using.. people order online wheels, look-think and return within 14 days, money back )) all models available.. don't know if you want to produce to sell or make for your self, i think people would buy more spare parts in alu/metal or stainless (polished, colours), ask hobby shops what parts they sell most of... do similar )) bead-lock/rings for MX43 is popular, MTXL Monster Claws would also be cool, i buy a set direct!! Parts like Integy etc does, arms, battery holders etc.. would be a hit if you can produce quality parts for low cost, your own brand ) when i see all parts i bought, (not ESC or motor) quite expensive but looks like they would cost 1/10 of the price to produce... big market!

RC Racer
    Thx Jeo-15, I also like to see same )

RC Racer
    Talked to Brian (fastlanercs) today about TP5870 1225kv 8S (22hp) after I saw the video, building 22hp Xmaxx... posted link earlier, thought if it use less AMP then TP5860 1440kv 441A I could get out more hp using Max5 in Losi ) He said it’s 450A motor, need MGM ESC (Max5 is to small). I’m not ready to spend 900euro on a ESC.. will test Xmaxx setup more coming days and use same setup in Losi if there is no issues.. so far so good

Did order cool rc 1/5 scale transport bag for Xmaxx/Losi

Hope the Monster also fits with new wheels, it’s a few centimeters to wide, if not I will leave it to tailor for custom made couldn’t find bigger bag, even ice hockey bags are to small ))

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I ordered some of those body washers. Hope I can keep it together while they journey from Poland

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I ordered some of those body washers. Hope I can keep it together while they journey from Poland
    I think they are good, not to hard or soft.. sold in 6pcs not 8pcs as needed, two under the rear bars as well. I emailed Murat-rc and told him...
    Last edited by VIX; 02-28-2018 at 06:05 PM.

RC Racer
    Was to cold -10C (14F) to test Xmaxx today... I did receive the rc bag, very big, for Xmaxx one size smaller would be enough or plenty of space for spare parts can recommend it...

Ps. Townieí if you want same windshield, fullforcerc sell it for dbxl, small modification needed, looks cool! Also new alu spring perches, just skid plates missing

Those Integy skids was their 1st product I’ve bought in years.

They’re nice, solid pieces. I painted them both black to match my AllBlack X Maxx.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Thx Jeo-15, I also like to see same )
    Np give of brother always a pleasure to help someone

RC Racer
    Thx... still to cold here 14F to test Xmaxx... doing a new plate to cover other side.. not there yet)) few mm wider or not, also what sticker to use.. find Monster Energy in right size, looks cool with rest in green.. also ordered new LED in black with green light, not white as now.. will look cool

Not adjusted ...

Sticker, ordered but not final )

RC Racer
    Trying to cover upper arms holes, testing soft material, think it will be good and I need attach rubber/plastic plates on both sides, now just duct tape to see how it works. Looks very homemade, will be better.. most important it works...

Inside material..

Rear..

RC poster
    Great job, VIX! I can confirm that the TP5870 1225kv needs a big ESC. I got one from Fastlane and burned up a Castle XLX. Had to get the MGM and yes, $875 for the 400 amp car ESC. Ouch.
    Worth it though, that motor throws the X-Maxx around like it was a tenth scaler.
    P.S. The wife just saw me typing this and freaked out again about my RC spending habits. Back in the dog house.

RC Racer
    Probably use this grey instead )

Doubt much dust will come inside looks tight...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by knotted View Post
    Great job, VIX! I can confirm that the TP5870 1225kv needs a big ESC. I got one from Fastlane and burned up a Castle XLX. Had to get the MGM and yes, $875 for the 400 amp car ESC. Ouch.
    Worth it though, that motor throws the X-Maxx around like it was a tenth scaler.
    P.S. The wife just saw me typing this and freaked out again about my RC spending habits. Back in the dog house.
    Thx.. Sorry to hear! He told me 1225kv (22hp) would need MGM ESC, Max5 is to small... I use Max5 with TP5860 (20,2hp), i needed to upgrade the ESC fan, otherwise it will overheat... i can't say anything right now, to few runs to know... if it blows, i go MGM too ) I did not notice any difference between 25P/50S and 30P/45S, only speed )

How does your drivetrain hold up, any issues? what gear are you using?, can also result in overheating.. Please share more info and pics, love to see/hear more...

RC Racer
    Last one, duct tape on.. try and make custom plates after.. plate will cover all, not like now... testing!

This dust/dirt inside drive my crazy )) Dusy Motors cover is great, just these last holes..

I like this last one the best! It looks factory. Great idea. I’m gonna steal that mod, all credit 2 u though.

I haven’t looked at it’s numbers yet but the all new 300a ground esc that ZTW designed could start being ordered yesterday for dealers. I ordered 2 without seeing any #s, lol.

RC Racer
    I will take a look at the 300A ESC, might go MGM if needed..

Was up early, decided to test on grass again before all dog owners coming ).. still freezing cold -8 (17,6F). This field is to short to do speed runs.. using SLS 7000 mAh, low voltage warning came up, no issue with power ) think it’s the batteries, last run with 8000mAh 100C no issue... test them next time and with MX43 wheels, speed Punch level 2 (ESC), level 1 next time, just wheelies now )) run a few minutes, fingers gave up and also last wheelie didn’t end well..) I’m impressed of the torque and how it accelerates now, never stops, 83km/h (51,7mph) touching throttle ))

had to lay it down, end of field )

Last edited by VIX; 03-04-2018 at 04:57 AM.

RC Racer
    Last one..))

not fast, from wheelies )

Last edited by VIX; 03-04-2018 at 05:01 AM.

RC Racer

no dirt at least inside ) just little old in the middle..

Last edited by VIX; 03-04-2018 at 05:00 AM.

RC Racer

That was Sunday

RC Racer
    At least new washers hold up ) think it was last 83km/h wheelie that bended body added duct tape inside to test as well, will make custom cover there too.. Iím all over now )

Body still ok for few more rounds

RC Racer
    Had a few more pics.. even after harder springs, sits hard under acceleration, front wheels almost has no contact (start ballooning), little more throttle and up it goes.. donít know if upgraded shocks will make any difference.. next time with MX43 and zip tie the shocks... tired of wheelies

Ps, only 1/3 throttle.. more> wheelie!

Last edited by VIX; 03-04-2018 at 09:50 AM.

RC Racer
    Finally remember, used this sticky stuff behind car number plates, not to have any screws.. it’s awesome and can stand petroleum, car washes etc.. never any issue.. removed LED, stuck it under, much better! Until black LED arrives, use same under.... also to use for cover upper arms holes with grey soft material, under the plates, don't think screws will be needed, so strong...) pics without LED as well

Will look good with black LED...

Last edited by VIX; 03-04-2018 at 11:58 AM.

RC Racer
    Managed to upload short clip of the last run.. freezing cold and 7000mAh 25C batteries.. very hard to balance throttle between 1/3 and half.. or ending up like last wheelie (51mph) fun anyway ) Next one will be with MX43 and on tarmac and some data )

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7t3SY95GUg

RC Enthusiast
    Very nice Vix, what a beast!
    Do you have plans on using the throttle end point on the radio?

Thanks for the windshield tips, looks really nice!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    Very nice Vix, what a beast!
    Do you have plans on using the throttle end point on the radio?

Thanks for the windshield tips, looks really nice!
    Of course )) i can't accelerate like an normal 8S, reaches top speed fast and don't wheelies in 50mph ). i need to build up speed, smallest touch to half throttle and it flips, even in Level 2 (ESC). I will set it in level 1 and zip tie shocks next time, not to wheelie on tarmac.. if MX43s can handle speed, will be fast! think 80mph no problem with this gears...

Ps, i also ordered lower rear window for Losi, will place it in rear (center/holes) cut sides, maybe tint the glass.. > http://www.fullforcerc.com/L5T008
    Last edited by VIX; 03-05-2018 at 02:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the windshield tips, looks really nice![/QUOTE]

Ps, check out customer Rides on his page.. http://www.fullforcerc.com/customer-rides/ he asked if he could use the photo ordered in GF name... told him to make it for dbxl-e, he want to see end result of lower rear window as well

I think this field is for American Football, to small..) you see my issue, to reach end point on radio
    Last edited by VIX; 03-05-2018 at 04:01 PM.

RC Racer
    Havenít been able to test anything, next week better weather ) waiting for parts to cover upper arms... Monster sticker was to big )) will replace it with something else... hopefully my custom cap pack will be ready until I test it

Did side windows on Losi, rear just came.. needs modification, will be cool I really like the drive shaft boots covering the bearings, no water issue after washing. ) Xmaxx really needs it! will add it..

RC Racer
    Tried MX43s on wet/muddy grass.. also to see how upper arms cover works. Managed to reach 59mph (95km/h) Max distance 105meters. I zip tie the shocks, not to wheelie.. plan was to test on Tarmac, raining here.. later.. no issues with low voltage with 8000mAh 100C today, just wheels spinning endless did hit a stone, later it stopped, will check why soon... batteries temps 5min later was 43C (109,4F), probably higher when it stopped... motor was 35C (95F). Covers worked fine, clean inside, good! Was fun to make power slides

Short video, camera lens gets muddy..> https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=NUDzRX-E-ZQ

Last edited by VIX; 03-10-2018 at 05:08 AM.

RC Racer
    Now all good, think it lost connection and stopped.. with new SavŲx servo, really fast and turns more then stock servo.. still clean inside!

RC Racer
    Murat-rc sent 2 extra black washers (8pcs total), looks cool with stainless great service! Traxxas should make similar, Not to have these issues. I bought one more green body (2 extra) Limited, stopped production, I thought 30usd difference not trying to make better designs than Traxxas was worth it... I’m not good at painting ))

Tried where to place his E-Revo LED on dbxl-e, small mod needed, can't place it lower, Integy skid plates will be added too... cool

Last edited by VIX; 03-10-2018 at 12:36 PM.

RC Racer
    Off topic again..) until I can test Xmaxx coming days. I really like dbxl-e after I installed few mods... modified and trimmed the rear window 2mm to short, quite ok anyway
    Ps, Townieí if you decide to make same.. few pics

Will modify a new front window to fit sides.. plastic now.

RC Enthusiast
    It looks amazing man, good job!! Love the way you try to block dust and rock coming in from the steering. I try to do that with Dusty motor shroud, but I just give up on that after having to replace the front shock towers 3 times in 3 months.(out of velcro tape)

Just ordered the Mx43 and the green madmax wheel nuts. Does the madmax nut still usable on Xmaxx after you dremel the MX43 wheel for the dbxl? coz I see you are using RC monster wheel nuts on Xmaxx instead, hope I didn't make the wrong purchase!

PS: I just got the front and rear chassis brace for the buggy. I like the look of the windshield. Will they hold up well for jumping you think?

RC Racer
    Thx, the dust covers works, tried once on dry grass, second time on wet/muddy grass.. clean inside. Will cover it and try more..

MadMax wheel nuts will not fit, to large.. screws sits to close to center hole for them to fit.. need smaller, see pics..

(DBXL-e, i think windshield will hold up, not part of the chassi and flexible...)

I can use MX43 on both cars, need different wheel nuts..

Last edited by VIX; 03-13-2018 at 01:54 AM.

RC Racer
    Painted roll bars in chrome.. awesome! Unfortunately I painted them silver first with a brush.. I only painted chrome over one time to see.. so cool used Molotow Liquid Chrome pencil, easy! Will remove it and buy spray for perfect result

I saw this paint.. so cool, expensive, chrome > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0iNcApC8s

Photo doesnít capture the chrome look, very shiny)

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for checking that, I will keep the madmax, and just grind away the plastic nuts on the wheel later.

The chrome paint is cool, but expensive! They works on plastic too?? if so, might be worth it to invest, and you can to paint up all the steel axles on your rigs! I bet it will look amazing!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    Thanks for checking that, I will keep the madmax, and just grind away the plastic nuts on the wheel later.

The chrome paint is cool, but expensive! They works on plastic too?? if so, might be worth it to invest, and you can to paint up all the steel axles on your rigs! I bet it will look amazing!
    Your welcome, I would think twice before grind them away, might not look good after.. MX43 has awesome grip!

Well, I would go Integy on parts rather them paint.. doesnít last, also alu arms etc, heavy and I always hit something, cleaning and changing (high cost) drive me nuts

I used chrome pencil on the wheels, one layer on the screws over the grey, much better then grey/silver (looks cheap) to chrome.. not ready yet, either stock black or chrome I realized

chrome around painted once over grey, not center screws

Chrome on all, only top of center screws done..

Color is cool

Ps, I know people wants to see results of motor performance, durability etc, coming! itís hard to find right place to try.. MX43 and zip tie shocks make it easier to test speed, hopefully I donít crash in to something

RC poster
    VIC, what a phenomenal build. Thanks for sharing your great work. I'm curious about your LED strips and where you found the black versions? The green glow looks very cool under the body.

Thanks,

Chris H.

RC poster
    Sorry, VIX, not VIC.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast