Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Had to make my own. The sticker cutout was a long process.

RC Qualifier
    Had to make my own. The sticker cutout was a long process.[/QUOTE]

Yes, very long process! I will order same washerís as yours, Murat-rc color doesnít look same. Traxxas should make armor body, incl washerís. No more issues...

Feels like a new truck ))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Fixed the sunroof, black chrome folie, took what I had

RC Qualifier
    Used old washers in black and tried green plexiglass on the sides before I order black or silver aluminum plates to try there, fun I like the PL body more then stock, feels solid!

RC Qualifier
    Ordered T-Bone Racing front bumper (red), many good reviews) red looks cool! Otherwise I use green or silver folie Iím searching for place to test it now

RC Qualifier
    The belt drive came, few more belts on the way cool!

RC Qualifier
    Ordered custom designed decals with VIX, so cool! for my other car.. will order same set for Xmaxx (Proline body) with owners name on the sides hope it’s ok to post it to show design and share... will install T-Bone Racing front bumper before I test top speed, with my skills it can end bad ))

Awesome!

Last edited by VIX; 10-19-2018 at 05:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Xmaxx got new friend still waiting for last parts before testing Xmaxx, post takes forever...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    The belt drive came, few more belts on the way cool!

Looking good, Im anxious to hear your review on the belt. I am most concerned about stretching/slipping.

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Looking good, Im anxious to hear your review on the belt. I am most concerned about stretching/slipping.

-Liberty
    I ordered 3 belts. 2 different lengths. The pulleys are still in China. So at least a couple weeks Iíd say. Iím pretty anxious and curious myself.

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone Racing installed, prefer Integy but for protection itís better ) also new springs to try, bling cars and parts all over the place now ))

RC Qualifier
    Today, Rit dye MX43 beadlocks black with stainless screws, super easy! Hot water and half bottle Rit dye (azabache) black, 50 minutes.

The Hitachi DB 3DL2 is awesome, used torque 2 and in Low, perfect fit (1,5mm), done.. ) no way without it!

Look better in real, perfect ) only tyre paint needs to be redone...

Last edited by VIX; 10-30-2018 at 01:45 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like the wheels, not so much the bumper.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I like the wheels, not so much the bumper.
    +1, I don’t like it too )) it’s for speed test and the new springs are useless, to soft. 1,5 coming back on. I like the wheels too, thx ) I’m very interested to hear your belt drive review soon... I will install it too after I done some runs and videos

RC Qualifier
    This rear axle is unreal, enormous! ) just share a photo..)

RC Qualifier
    Today I decided to go big! called MGM, great service!
    mgm will make the design I want, yellow cables, motor connectors too..) extra carbon plate with logo in color, match LMT 3080, yellow cap pack with connectors and new custom ESC mount is coming maybe I try ESC in Xmaxx first TP needs 441A, will be a Monster! also waterproof

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Today I decided to go big! called MGM, great service!
    mgm will make the design I want, yellow cables, motor connectors too..) extra carbon plate with logo in color, match LMT 3080, yellow cap pack with connectors and new custom ESC mount is coming maybe I try ESC in Xmaxx first TP needs 441A, will be a Monster! also waterproof

No doubt it will be a capable unit. Hope it satisfies a need.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    No doubt it will be a capable unit. Hope it satisfies a need.
    Yup! this will satisfy my needs you know Im an active user The other cars i gave the boys 4 and 2y old, they use them everyday, pushing them around Im planing for the future..))
    Last edited by VIX; 11-01-2018 at 02:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yup! this will satisfy my needs you know Im an active user The other cars i gave the boys 4 and 2y old, they use them everyday, pushing them around Im planing for the future..))
    Honestly I am supprised that you found the Max5 or XLX to not be enough power for you. It is pretty hard to put the power down as is with the 1/5 scale power system. I cannot imagine 400 amps 12s power levels....

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=LibertyMKiii;6474872]Honestly I am supprised that you found the Max5 or XLX to not be enough power for you. It is pretty hard to put the power down as is with the 1/5 scale power system. I cannot imagine 400 amps 12s power levels....

Max5 is to small for TP5860 1440kv 441A, I'm getting low voltage msg on transmitter, especially with low C rating Lipos, 100C works better. It only happens under full load, high speed. Fastlanercs told mgm 400A would be required for TP5870.
    I regret using TP motor, Lehner 3060 would have been the best choice. Im going 15S 400A now, full speed ahead )

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=VIX;6474877]
    Honestly I am supprised that you found the Max5 or XLX to not be enough power for you. It is pretty hard to put the power down as is with the 1/5 scale power system. I cannot imagine 400 amps 12s power levels....

Max5 is to small for TP5860 1440kv 441A, I'm getting low voltage msg on transmitter, especially with low C rating Lipos, 100C works better. It only happens under full load, high speed. Fastlanercs told mgm 400A would be required for TP5870.
    I regret using TP motor, Lehner 3060 would have been the best choice. Im going 15S 400A now, full speed ahead )
    I look forward to your review of the MGM esc, also curious about fitment. I have had my eye on them, but probably can't get one without selling one of my other RCs which I love equally...

I have seen the RC Boat guys love Lehner motors but never seen any impressive numbers with one used in an RC car. Lots of runs int he 130-145 mph range where TP Power has sone many 150-170 mph runs. For the price NeuMotors is another option. Their motors are under-rated when looking at amperage and voltage limits BTW.

I think with the TP Power motors or any 1/5 scale motor, we like the look of the long/large can motor. My currently installed motor is a shorter can Leopard 5882 1350kv and it has plenty of power honestly. I have hit 72.5mph and never gets hot. I suspect it has more in it without changing the gearing, which is what I'll be testing next depending on the weather.

-Liberty
    Last edited by LibertyMKiii; 11-02-2018 at 07:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=LibertyMKiii;6474939][QUOTE=VIX;6474877]

I saw Xmaxx with same ESC and motor, posted link earlier... very cool build!

Everyone has their personal choice, i agree TP is powerful.. Power comes with a price too. Ex fastlanercs stop selling TP for a reason, TPpower warranty only in China, issues with broken driveshafts etc, I think it’s no resellers left outside China.

Lehner is made in Germany ) very high quality! No issues and extremely powerful. MGM use Lehner motors for a reason too

You have a fast car, 72mph, impressive numbers! Depends what you want and most important for you... high gears, lower torque etc. Motors with +8000W already very powerful for Xmaxx

Today, if I knew )) I would have built it with Lehner 3060 built in fan and mgm 250A ESC... or Leopard/Castle 800kv with Max5 depending on what I want to spend.
    Last edited by VIX; 11-02-2018 at 11:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The Max5 is great in many ways for the average user. Incredibly reliable, runs cool, etc.
    The problem is that 200Amp constant, which is what keeps it so reliable, but under powered for the larger motors that we want to run.

I really like that integrated fan on the Lehner. Other companies need to do this!

The Max5 already sucks batteries dry so quickly I'd imagine it will be worse with that MGM!

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=LibertyMKiii;6474952]The Max5 is great in many ways for the average user. Incredibly reliable, runs cool, etc.
    The problem is that 200Amp constant, which is what keeps it so reliable, but under powered for the larger motors that we want to run.

I really like that integrated fan on the Lehner. Other companies need to do this!

The Max5 already sucks batteries dry so quickly I'd imagine it will be worse with that MGM!

I agree.. regarding batteries, Im going MaxAmps LiPo 3x 11000 5S 18.5v - 33000mAh No worries If i use it in Xmaxx x2 Lipos.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    [QUOTE=VIX;6474953]
    The Max5 is great in many ways for the average user. Incredibly reliable, runs cool, etc.

I agree.. regarding batteries, Im going MaxAmps LiPo 3x 11000 5S 18.5v - 33000mAh No worries If i use it in Xmaxx x2 Lipos.
    Iíll be getting the largest SMC sells next.

RC Qualifier
    I’ll be getting the largest SMC sells next.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately SMC doesn't ship to abroad. 4S, 10500mAh 90C, 114 usd, good deal!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíll be getting the largest SMC sells next.
    Unfortunately SMC doesn't ship to abroad. 4S, 10500mAh 90C, 114 usd, good deal![/QUOTE]

Thatís too bad.

RC Qualifier
    This rear axle is unreal, enormous! ) just share a photo..)

Is that really for the X-Maxx?!
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Is that really for the X-Maxx?!
    No )) itís for Xmaxx new friend

RC Qualifier
    Ah, I was wondering how in the world that was going to work in an X-Maxx, but it would have been cool!
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Just share few pics ) will try this weekend to make speed test, bumper is on ) soon new friend is ready to join the gang that thing is a level up...

RC Qualifier
    Finally got AREA wheel nuts, MX43, look awesome! )

RC poster

Thumbs up

Ordered T-Bone Racing front bumper (red), many good reviews) red looks cool! Otherwise I use green or silver folie Iím searching for place to test it now

I love my T-bone bumper it works very well

RC Qualifier
    The gang together

RC Racer
    Cool! What is the truck with the red shock covers?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Cool! What is the truck with the red shock covers?
    Kraken Vekta.5 brushless, Under construction... I think Xmaxx is best truck for the money, this build is ridiculous expensive

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone Racing front bumper is popular.. doesnít feel like Xmaxx is 1/5 scale, almost there ))

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    T-Bone Racing front bumper is popular.. doesnít feel like Xmaxx is 1/5 scale, almost there ))

Itís considered 1/6, it always has. Some retailers just say 1/5.

RC Qualifier
    I always thought Xmaxx was 1/5 scale..

RC poster
    T-Bone Racing installed, prefer Integy but for protection it’s better ) also new springs to try, bling cars and parts all over the place now ))

So does any body know if that graupner Hott gps would work with max6 and spektrum DX-4C and if not what GPS would work with that set up to track at least speed?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast