Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Tried the brakes disc Iím using on the other car on Xmaxx, 1,5mm x 60mm diameter, fit and look cool ) my first disc from Integy didnít fit.. been busy building, should find time soon to test ))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I think I've watched this periodically over the last year and have maybe seen 1 video of it run. It's cool I see you like building them and bragging about the money spent then actually running them. I know everyone's joy is not found in the same way, but dear God are we ever gonna see this thing run or hit 100mph?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariwere View Post
    I think I've watched this periodically over the last year and have maybe seen 1 video of it run. It's cool I see you like building them and bragging about the money spent then actually running them. I know everyone's joy is not found in the same way, but dear God are we ever gonna see this thing run or hit 100mph?
    I donít need to brag about a little rc car for my son.. I agree I should have tested it and share vids... i didnít build it for top speeds, sure I want to try, will.. it just standing unfortunately. Iím been to busy and now when you want 100mph I needed bigger stuff )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím glad you responded to that. If
    You look, his first post was to talk smack about you. A lurking tool. Maybe he should build his own and post his 100mph videos.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Iím glad you responded to that. If
    You look, his first post was to talk smack about you. A lurking tool. Maybe he should build his own and post his 100mph videos.
    Itís of no matter to me )) but heís right I need to test it and share some vids.. I want but itís no good places here...

RC Qualifier
    These large scale rigs soak up the bumps much better than my 1/8 and 1/10 speed cars. The X-Maxx is pretty forgiving over some bumpy roads but either way at 65+mph it covers ground quickly and you will need a large space to run it plus room to slow down gently.

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    These large scale rigs soak up the bumps much better than my 1/8 and 1/10 speed cars. The X-Maxx is pretty forgiving over some bumpy roads but either way at 65+mph it covers ground quickly and you will need a large space to run it plus room to slow down gently.

-Liberty
    +1, also wheelies been main issue to reach top speed..

I want to try the setup I have first mod 1. 30P/44S.. after belt drive or mgm set up, doubt the 3080 motor fit, biggest Iíve seen ) Iím very impressed of the quality but probably need 3060 for Xmaxx..

RC Qualifier
    Thought I share if anyone wants same covers.. I tried outerwears shockcovers from kraken (front) on Xmaxx ) perfect length 175mm, little big but works.. make shocks look like XL ) I ordered new body, 7711T and needed covers to match )) have yellow too, try after body comes what looks best and order extra set, 2 fronts more..

RC Qualifier
    Saw people using these rubber washers.. I normally using Murat-rc, couldnít resist the price, just ordered ))

RC Qualifier
    That's what I did and am using I couldn't justify the cost with our dollar for 6 Murat rc rubber washers. These seem to be working for us with no issues.

I've got the MGM and Lehner 3080 in mine on 8s. With the settings in the esc turned down it's quite manageable. Ballistic speed, tons of power, controlled wheelies and great brakes. So far, a winning combination. Log files show 9000watts=12HP. I've got a cart of 12s packs ready to go, just waiting on $600 to pull the trigger.

Bunches of prototype driveline parts in this baby to make it strong enough. Testing, testing, testing. Always testing something.

A little vid of me playing...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j2...p4euepw03c010c
    Last edited by MonsterMaxx; 01-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Originate! Never Duplicate

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=MonsterMaxx;6480823]I've got the MGM and Lehner 3080 in mine on 8s. With the settings in the esc turned down it's quite manageable. Ballistic speed, tons of power, controlled wheelies and great brakes. So far, a winning combination. Log files show 9000watts=12HP. I've got a cart of 12s packs ready to go, just waiting on $600 to pull the trigger.

Bunches of prototype driveline parts in this baby to make it strong enough. Testing, testing, testing. Always testing something.

Very cool! What connectors are you using? Looks small..

Hard to believe you managed to fit all.. itís huge 1650g vs TP5860 or Castle 800kv..)) also ESC is huge...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím all for overpowering. This appears to be ridiculous though. Iíd love to see it done with a clean install. That equipment is huge. Good luck.
    The above video did not appear impressive to me for the amount of work and money that was put into it. Iím sure the space constraints and not wanting to kill the dog played into my opinion though.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=VIX;6481013 What connectors are you using? Looks small..

[/QUOTE]

VIX are you considering changing from the Castle 6.5mm connectors?
    If so you might check these out (sort of fits your color scheme) :
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ose-qs8-anti

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    New body arrived, very cool! Unfortunately stock is not so strong.. red, yellow or leave it green ) will try kraken shock covers and decide ))

Last edited by VIX; 01-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    VIX are you considering changing from the Castle 6.5mm connectors?
    If so you might check these out (sort of fits your color scheme) :
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ose-qs8-anti

-Liberty
    Maybe )) whatís the max AMP? No info.. Iím not been using it yet )) always interested to know more..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Maybe )) what’s the max AMP? No info.. I’m not been using it yet )) always interested to know more...
    Castle rates their 8mm connectors up to 300 amps.
    Many people push 400ish through the 6.5mm connectors in speed runs with the XL-X.
    You have to sort of draw conclusions here since there isn't specifics on real peak values. I think for the power levels of big ESCs and motors 8mm is a must.

The anti spark feature is nice...My experience is that the spark will start putting the connectors over time.

RC Qualifier
    Iím using CC 6.5 connectors, not sure I need bigger because Iím limited by Max5 ESC 200A.. not planing to change it until I test the car more.. maybe going Lehner 3060 instead..

Iím trying 5ive & Vekta.5 outerwears covers on Xmaxx..
    The 5ive bigger fit perfect on Xmaxx, need 2 sets.. they are 10mm shorter and also not as wide, better!

RC Qualifier
    Red is kraken Vekta.5/ Blue Losi 5ive covers..

RC Qualifier
    New body arrived, very cool! Unfortunately stock is not so strong.. red, yellow or leave it green ) will try kraken shock covers and decide ))...
    This is my new favorite X-Maxx body color. I would buy one if it would not take another four hours to Shoe Goo and Fibatape it.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    This is my new favorite X-Maxx body color. I would buy one if it would not take another four hours to Shoe Goo and Fibatape it.
    You can try same as I do, plates to reduce pressure and use washerís as well not to break the body.. will do solution for the front as well would be cool if the bashers tried it and gave feedback ) My previous stock body broke most in the rear after flipping in high speed.. front also when not using washer.. I also donít want to spend 4h to shoe goo it ))

RC Qualifier
    I received BRP 3" super spikes I will try to find solution to use them on Xmaxx as well.. they "don’t" ballooning and quality is second to none, weight 718g vs MX43 817g.
    GoPro 7 black coming next week, try and make telemetry video ) I’m to busy building my other car to drive Xmaxx ))

Xmaxx is better car but this is awesome too, hope to test both soon.. )

Last edited by VIX; 02-12-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Hey man, it took me 2hrs to go through this thread. Your customization is legit!!! Have you done anything new lately?
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier

Motor upgrade advice X Maxx 8s TP Power

Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Hey man, it took me 2hrs to go through this thread. Your customization is legit!!! Have you done anything new lately?

Sorry it ended without testing, been very busy.. My pinion keep backing off, last run with MadMax V1 was 68,3mph (110km/h) what I manage to photo under acceleration 3/4 throttle, probably did 75mph until pinion backed off from vibrations.. I installed belt drive 3M, 31t/44t pulleys, fast.. waiting for 5M 25t/30t 245mm belt 15mm. 5M stronger ) I can say it feels awesome and Iím going to try and see if belt help to swallow vibrations )) otherwise I change the motor. I will change the top brace to aluminum, bushings and new gear cover being built by a kids person, very cool ) I been building my Vekta5, everything takes time ))

Last photos from his car, making the parts..

Last edited by VIX; 07-28-2019 at 02:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Being build by a kind person )) I will share more later... )

RC Qualifier
    Will try Louise X Cyclone, 756 grams vs 921 Mad Max V1. They feel better and look very nice! I like MX43 too (best tires) but they look boring unless ritdye beadlocks/ stainless screws, they weigh more. Time to try

New gear cover ready soon

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Will try Louise X Cyclone, 756 grams vs 921 Mad Max V1. They feel better and look very nice! I like MX43 too (best tires) but they look boring unless ritdye beadlocks/ stainless screws, they weigh more. Time to try

New gear cover ready soon

Iíve heard youíll tear them off the wheels. Let us know please

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Iíve heard youíll tear them off the wheels. Let us know please

Maybe )) I was told they are ok for speeds up to 60mph. For 80 bucks itís worth a try.. will modify them 24mm, want to use bigger wheel nuts )

RC Qualifier
    I’ve heard you’ll tear them off the wheels. Let us know please

Not much ballooning, 2/3 throttle with TP5860, It’s over 70mph.. I’m impressed.. MX43 start ballooning here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=FAEi5fyFF6c

Last edited by VIX; 07-30-2019 at 08:39 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not much ballooning, 2/3 throttle with TP5860, Itís over 70mph.. Iím impressed.. MX43 start ballooning here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=FAEi5fyFF6c

Theyíre now in my cart. In the States theyíre only 100 bucks for 4.

RC Qualifier
    Theyíre now in my cart. In the States theyíre only 100 bucks for 4.

Cool ) they cost almost same in Europe, 80-90 euro ) They called Duratrax Hatchet X in USA. I like to hear your reviews later...

I will also try them, see if the glue can keep the tires not coming off... The quality is not same as MX43 but for this price and performance (not ballooning) and grip, itís worth to try

Finally I got a Futaba 4PXR

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone selling or knows where to order black MadMax wheel nuts, please let me know ) sold out. My son added covers, fit ))

RC Qualifier

Motor upgrade advice X Maxx 8s TP Power

Waiting for steel top brace, gear cover, bushings and 5M belt and pulleys. I started to modify little meanwhile I like the heatsink, huge! ) I cut off the battery holders to make it more clean... now I need battery plates with straps ))

RC Qualifier
    Almost there, need little longer

RC Qualifier
    I want to make it more clean, cover the rear and chassis sides, front and between motor/ESC with ex: aluminum, only gear cover sticking up ) hide all cables... JS Performance will make custom top brace just fun to change little )

RC Qualifier
    Until JS Performance top brace is ready, Iím installing another top brace with anti-scratch cover to keep everything underneath will try black plexiglass too.. 5M belt and new 4s SLS Speed Limited edition batteries ready to try soon...

RC Enthusiast
    Vix, how do you like the cyclone tires? I currently run and like the badlands but been interested in trying the cyclones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Blowin View Post
    Vix, how do you like the cyclone tires? I currently run and like the badlands but been interested in trying the cyclones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Well, I havenít tried them enough to say... I only did ballooning test, 70mph and almost nothing.. Iím impressed! They look awesome and rubber feels softer the MX43, probably not as good but for half price they feel better

RC Qualifier
    Tired of Velcro straps, making new flexible much easier to use I need to screw them in the chassis, Under construction...

RC Qualifier
    Stainless gear cover installed

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast