Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Looks Good!! Vix how do you like Graupner X-8E telemetry radio? Have you used it yet?
    Not yet, all telemetry installed and carbon decal will test all next week, update more after... making some design plates between ESC and motor and around GPS to cover cables, trying )

X-8E, Awesome.. even green light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    X-8E with GPS Telemetry you will need Hott GPS modul S8437, receiver GR-4 Hott 33502 and voltage modul 60V S8389...you add the sensors you want.

RC Racer
    Sounds good and thanks for the reply with all parts needed! Iím looking forward to your review!
    Iím looking to get a new telemetry radio system that will tell me motor temp, esc temp, pack voltage and speed. It seems the Graupner X-8E will deliver.

RC Qualifier
    Did a little pre-run today on grass...50F (10C) outside using Lipo 8000mAh 100C, 25P/50Spur gear, bigger wheels make higher gearing as well... Was over expectations! 1/3 throttle, 53mph wheelies just touching throttle! Ridiculous torque Full throttle hard to imagine and what will break first)) Motor was running 120F (49C).. did not push it or for a long period...Hudy 8,4V fans are really powerful. Unfortunately I switched off X-8E and forgot to save GPS data log.. canít imagine speeds on 30-35P/45S doubt car tires and current setup can handle it... will finish the car next week, adjustments and new LED light installation... Will test different Lipos and gears, save data logging and max speed later, will need a runway

Testing LEDís )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So you recommend the 1340kv?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    So you recommend the 1340kv?
    You mean Leopard 5892/1340kv motor.. TP5860 is 1440kv 15000W. First i have not tested it enough, it will probably break more parts then Leopard 1340kv or Castle 2028 800kv, they are awesome too and most peoples choices. I will not get out full potential (20.2Hp) but more power and torque for sure then other motors, also less run times (i think). New Leopard 58113 V2 /1050KV 8000W maybe a better choice.. All these motors are way to strong for drive parts and speeds they can handle. Sometimes less is more )

RC Competitor
    I wonder if anyone bench tested these motors. With close physical size there isn’t much magic they can do to pump more power. I see that TP power motor is 7kW ish continuous power also. Could it be that the big difference is just different ways of writing the watt rating?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    I wonder if anyone bench tested these motors. With close physical size there isn’t much magic they can do to pump more power. I see that TP power motor is 7kW ish continuous power also. Could it be that the big difference is just different ways of writing the watt rating?
    Physical size giving similar powers.. thats a first! for 59USD there are similar sizes... there is tons of people using and compering motors, I'm sure false data would come back to manufactures fast.

RC Competitor
    I was kinda serious. Motors isn’t rocket science in 2018. There is only so much current the motor can take befor it saturates. Both TP and leopard prolly use magnets with similar strength and as much copper as you can wind up in there. TP rates the motor at 7kW continuous also and that is pretty similar to the same rated output from a leopard of same size. So is it only leopard not writing their peak output maybe?

Edit; I meant same-ish output from similar physical size higher end motors. Not comparing cheaped out motors to TP power/castle/Lehner/leopard.

*There is certain brand names forbidden from being spoken about. Edit your post when "**" replace word(s) you wrote.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-29-2018 at 01:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well, my 7kw ish.. tried SLS batts today, few minutes unfortunately until I heard a cheering noice.. thought some dog owner was cheering my speed runs on a football field... nope, pinion came off.. /: honestly couldn’t get front wheels down.. ridiculous have to accelerate slowly and even at higher speed giving more throttle just wheelies! Did not notice any difference using SLS 4S 25C vs 100C from last run, to short run time but anyway awesome power... vs 1340kv Leopard, can’t tell yet, I never saw same good problems 220mm Madmax doing great job, no ballooning or wobble... gyro really helps! New SavŲx servo ordered.. feels heavy and slow in steering... ok it’s on grass. Can’t imagine testing it on tarmac, it’s like this gear setup is all you need )) will test all and share data later...

Ps. weird 100C batt cables are thinner the SLS, hard to see on photo (no way 800A could go throw them, theoretically. SLS are more powerful then Traxxas 6700mAh 4S, noticed it on stock, maybe i rebuild them and test too...

Sound of metal gears is awesome

Few pics incl modified gear cover:

Last edited by VIX; 01-29-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Blue Loctite on the grub screw for the pinion will cure the problem of it backing off.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Qualifier
    Still testing temps and batteries... torque is ridiculous, canít reach high speeds... SLS batts today, wheelies 50+mph wet grass under half throttle.. Decided to change pinion 25T to 30T, keep 50T Spur to try next time, after 30P/45S if next pinion donít keep it down... motor temp reached 53C (127,3F) no issues

New servo next week SavŲx SB-2290 and try 1.538 springs in the rear.. block upper arms holes and carbon plates to cover cables will be installed together with 30P...after I will test on grass/tarmac and save data, hopefully vids and it doesnít break all parts..))

I’m a gear head, lol. May I ask, what’s the 1:1 rig with the red leather?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    Iím a gear head, lol. May I ask, whatís the 1:1 rig with the red leather?
    Donít know)) think reflections.. other topic I have radar/laser warner and Blackvue DR750S camera sitting there... very cool with WiFi hotspot can stream live over cloud..

Maybe I should use Blackvue recording for Xmaxx, need to park the car towards the field, records HD 1080p 60FPS

RC Qualifier
    The Rig 1:1 is a Range Rover..

Ps. I thought you meant 2 red lines in the mirror first..

Last edited by VIX; 02-01-2018 at 06:52 AM.

RC poster
    Hokey Smokes, Vix. What a truck. Commenting to follow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Still testing temps and batteries... torque is ridiculous, canít reach high speeds... SLS batts today, wheelies 50+mph wet grass under half throttle.. Decided to change pinion 25T to 30T, keep 50T Spur to try next time, after 30P/45S if next pinion donít keep it down... motor temp reached 53C (127,3F) no issues

New servo next week SavŲx SB-2290 and try 1.538 springs in the rear.. block upper arms holes and carbon plates to cover cables will be installed together with 30P...after I will test on grass/tarmac and save data, hopefully vids and it doesnít break all parts..))

I looked at that servo. But it's not waterproof, yours doesn't look like it will see bad weather though.

RC Qualifier
    your right, servo its not waterproof. I will make it waterproof/resistant, snow/rain no issue..
    here is an example how to do it > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4muQWNwxM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    your right, servo its not waterproof. I will make it waterproof/resistant, snow/rain no issue..
    here is an example how to do it > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4muQWNwxM
    I've done that before with my Savox on the Rustler. That servo is a monster. Are you running a BEC?

RC Qualifier
    I've done that before with my Savox on the Rustler. That servo is a monster. Are you running a BEC?
    Don't know what setup is best, it can run 6V, maybe its enough power. 7.4V stronger and uses more AMP if i understood right.. I need all my AMP's from ESC i can get

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't know what setup is best, it can run 6V, maybe its enough power. 7.4V stronger and uses more AMP if i understood right.. I need all my AMP's from ESC i can get
    Higher the voltage, lower the current, for the same device.

RC Qualifier
    Higher the voltage, lower the current, for the same device.
    Thank you! everything will be ready next week... )

RC Qualifier
    Did some high speed wheelies, pinion backed off again and destroyed the gears. I used loctite, donít want to use red, must figure out smth. New gears ordered but canít use 50T Spur with 30P as planned, will use 30P/45S next week. Hope AMP will be enough, crazy speed

This...

Now with cam

RC Racer
    did you clean the threads real good with alcohol or brakleen before applying the loctite and then let it setup for a couple hrs before using?

RC Competitor
    Those gears can be used again

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'd replace them too

RC Competitor
    Think I would Machine a smal dent in the shaft for the set screw to lock in. I think even red locktite will make it travel after a while.

RC Qualifier
    Think I would Machine a smal dent in the shaft for the set screw to lock in. I think even red locktite will make it travel after a while.
    Thx for all advices..) maybe i try your advice and make a small dent in the shaft.. i did clean it before, maybe not good enough. Today will start to replace all parts... Im thinking of going mod 1.5 gears... 30P/30S or 30P/35S are wider 12.35mm vs 9.92mm mod 1. anyone using 1.5 here? best provider of gears? tried to order from Kershaw, (read co worker continued) not working...

RC Qualifier
    The pinion caused more work then expected... rotorshaft got few scratches, will change front bearing and all good. Servo fits think I will test 30P/45S first... High speed after change gears. Mod 1.0 to Mod 1.5 gears, 50 = 33.33, 45 = 30, 30 = 20, 25 = 16.67 in Mod 1.5. Will order Mod 1.5> 35P,30P,20P,17P wider and stronger...

Also harder springs 1.5 rear, 1.4 front installed, upper arms intake holes soon covered too, No more dirt inside! Hope to test all in the end of the week...

RC Competitor
    lol those pictures screams POWER all over the place Following this closely. Btw, could you measure the total length of the motor can? TP power states 122mm but I was wondering if this is including the shaft or what.

RC Qualifier
    lol those pictures screams POWER all over the place Following this closely. Btw, could you measure the total length of the motor can? TP power states 122mm but I was wondering if this is including the shaft or what.
    The pinion backed off and caused all damage.. itís very powerful, here is the measures

RC Competitor
    Thanks. Guess there is no way around tppower upgrade I just fitted all new 8S drivetrain on mine after crushing the 6S with stock motor and MAX5 esc on 8S.

Those measurements is all the difference from the leopard motor.. The 5892 is like TP 5840 in lenght. Less copper/magnets= less Power they have a longer version named 58110 that is tempting but its 1400w less than tp. I know that if i go with the leopard i will always regnet that I didn’t go all the way with TP

Thx for all advices..) maybe i try your advice and make a small dent in the shaft.. i did clean it before, maybe not good enough. Today will start to replace all parts... Im thinking of going mod 1.5 gears... 30P/30S or 30P/35S are wider 12.35mm vs 9.92mm mod 1. anyone using 1.5 here? best provider of gears? tried to order from Kershaw, (read co worker continued) not working...
    Ive notched a few motor shafts before to keep pinion from sliding and it works great. Just used dremel and made slight depression for set screw to sit in. Doesnt take much to keep it from sliding so dont go to deep.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Thx for all advices, will try it... ready tomorrow) until then I need to decide first mod, wheels for the other car (Losi dbxl-e with Leopard 58110-780kv and Max5 ESC) either stock 8s, Proline MX43 or Monster XL.. I’m leaning towards Monster, looks awesome

I Like those most..

Last edited by VIX; 02-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.

RC Competitor
    Looks great ! Looking forward to action video

RC Competitor
    Get the XL!! Let me know if you need any mod to mount theose Monster XL tires afterward. Not many info on that one. But I would get the MX43 myself, because that way I can use it on Xmaxx and losi. And yes, I do own them both. But I tend to drive my Xmaxx more because it is lighter and higher ground clearance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    Get the XL!! Let me know if you need any mod to mount theose Monster XL tires afterward. Not many info on that one. But I would get the MX43 myself, because that way I can use it on Xmaxx and losi. And yes, I do own them both. But I tend to drive my Xmaxx more because it is lighter and higher ground clearance.
    They fit without mod, hobby shop told... just 300euro and its on

RC Qualifier
    Off topic but XL it will be... saw this video, from 1.45s.. looks awesome!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPPN5fcSeQ

Tested 8S, better but not XL ))

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    I bought MX43 (XL ordered), made the center hole bigger to fit dbxl-e (24mm), not sure I can use them for Xmaxx, using bigger wheel nut and how it will work in higher speeds... no time to try, plenty work left on Xmaxx ) Ps. stock tires looks like spare tires vs MX43, new car already! still almost to small, XL will transform it to real Monster ))

I ordered custom cap pack just for my setup, cool! Could not waterproof servo like planned, need cooling from alu, grease inside and glue outside.. assemble all now.. 30P/45S is on, see how that goes

Last edited by VIX; 02-17-2018 at 09:15 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I bought MX43 (XL ordered), made the center hole bigger to fit dbxl-e (24mm), not sure I can use them for Xmaxx, using bigger wheel nut and how it will work in higher speeds... no time to try, plenty work left on Xmaxx ) Ps. stock tires looks like spare tires vs MX43, new car already! still almost to small, XL will transform it to real Monster ))

I ordered custom cap pack just for my setup, cool! Could not waterproof servo like planned, need cooling from alu, grease inside and glue outside.. assemble all now.. 30P/45S is on, see how that goes

When I waterproofed my Savox for the Rustler, I added an o ring around the output gear, underneath the cover. The. I put silicon around the two housing pieces and where the cable comes out.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast