Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Have you done any on road speed tests?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MySlashROCKS View Post
    Have you done any on road speed tests?
    Not yet, pinion backed off twice.. did few runs on grass, couldnt reach high speeds (wheelies). Will test this week with 30P/45S on Tarmac, should be fast if AMPs enough.. vids and data coming ) wanted to try 30P/50S first but recieved wrong gears, try it later...

RC poster
    can someone help me with my new 8s esc on my xmaxx

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=VIX;6433678]I bought MX43 (XL ordered), made the center hole bigger to fit dbxl-e (24mm), not sure I can use them for Xmaxx, using bigger wheel nut and how it will work in higher speeds... no time to try, plenty work left on Xmaxx ) Ps. stock tires looks like spare tires vs MX43, new car already! still almost to small, XL will transform it to real Monster ))

You will need some 1/5 wheel adapter for those MX43 now since you mod the wheel, RC Monster is one of the company that makes those, I will grab a set of those adapter when I drill the MX43 later. And the MTXL tires+wheel cost around $450CAD, It seems to make more sense to get the whole truck for $1600CAD, but that's just me saying, I'm not gonna buy any more large scale right now beside maybe another Xmaxx, haha..

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Townie;6434239]
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    I bought MX43 (XL ordered), made the center hole bigger to fit dbxl-e (24mm), not sure I can use them for Xmaxx, using bigger wheel nut and how it will work in higher speeds... no time to try, plenty work left on Xmaxx ) Ps. stock tires looks like spare tires vs MX43, new car already! still almost to small, XL will transform it to real Monster ))

You will need some 1/5 wheel adapter for those MX43 now since you mod the wheel, RC Monster is one of the company that makes those, I will grab a set of those adapter when I drill the MX43 later. And the MTXL tires+wheel cost around $450CAD, It seems to make more sense to get the whole truck for $1600CAD, but that's just me saying, I'm not gonna buy any more large scale right now beside maybe another Xmaxx, haha..
    Ok, Iím not using MX43 on the Xmaxx.. MadMax maybe not as good but looks awesome ) Thx for advice anyway.. I did change the servo in the dbxl-e, stock not for MX43, now 7,4V 62kg Power ) you will need to upgrade the servo if you decide to change tires... Monster claws coming this week ) Xmaxx is more fun to drive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=VIX;6434246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post

Ok, I’m not using MX43 on the Xmaxx.. MadMax maybe not as good but looks awesome ) Thx for advice anyway.. I did change the servo in the dbxl-e, stock not for MX43, now 7,4V 62kg Power ) you will need to upgrade the servo if you decide to change tires... Monster claws coming this week ) Xmaxx is more fun to drive

Yes, Xmaxx is like a summit, you either have it or you don't. I drive mine (30km+)over the river bank fill with bricks size rocks, totally something else it is capable of than just bashing on the bmx tracks. Too bad not everyone have access to those bash spots, it was a tons of fun. Yes, I will need a better servos for them later. Specially those Monster claws, there is a video someone mounting them on the Xmaxx, you might want to check that if you are getting it! A rare breed, lol

PS: They have just made puddle tires for the badland wheels too!

And the MTXL tires+wheel cost around $450CAD, It seems to make more sense to get the whole truck for $1600CAD, but that's just me saying, I'm not gonna buy any more large scale right now beside maybe another Xmaxx, haha..

I’ve often thought about that too. I’d just prefer to stay electric but if I come across one for a good price.....there just might be one for sale without its wheels/tires, lol.

RC Qualifier
    The Boyz together) new king in Town! All is done on Xmaxx, just upper arms hole didnít work out, new parts ordered.. ESC plate with LED switch and New Green LED on top brace, 30P/45S in place and after washing needed to change a few bearings.. new 7.4V SavŲx servo is awesome, fast and tight. Did few new setups in X-8E and ready to try all now..)

New Monster wheels on dbxl-e took the car to new level, KING! So BIG also with new servo 62kg and 2028 Hudy fans etc.. stock gears, Leopard 58110-780kv, Max5 and CC connectors so far... MX43 doubt they will be used now ) itís my new favorite to look at will try both and see...

RC Qualifier
    Few more )

Better resulotion

Thatís it for today

RC Qualifier
    Better pics on around Max5..

Need to fix LEDs, not sure I like this plastic or if Iím going with straps.. some other cable needs covers as well ) almost there.. without LEDs itís quite clean

RC Qualifier
    MX43 vs Monster Claws

I know itís off topic but Iím so impressed on Xmaxx it wonít look good, to short wheel base..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Better pics on around Max5..

Need to fix LEDs, not sure I like this plastic or if Iím going with straps.. some other cable needs covers as well ) almost there.. without LEDs itís quite clean

I'm curious how you modified the gear cover. Also does the motor shroud limit your motor movement?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I'm curious how you modified the gear cover. Also does the motor shroud limit your motor movement?
    On page 2 you can see how i did... small mod and longer screws. I don't think it limit.. my concern is AMPs, if motor get what it wants, i will destroy drivetrain or blow ESC )) guess some limits are ok.. soon we know )

RC Competitor
    Impressive! You need any mod for those Monster Claws to mount on the Xmaxx?
    I think you just doubled the ground clearance of that buggy, it is a MT now, haha... Will it rub against the body if you compress and turn the wheels?

RC Qualifier
    Impressive! You need any mod for those Monster Claws to mount on the Xmaxx?
    I think you just doubled the ground clearance of that buggy, it is a MT now, haha... Will it rub against the body if you compress and turn the wheels?
    Hehe, I guess you could mount them on Xmaxx, there is one vid on YouTube how he did it... total 500+usd

They will stay on the Losi, for sure it’s a MT now, almost same heights and clearance..) No issue with rubbing the wheels against chassi.. maybe in a very high speed turn ballooning could touch.. tested it today 10 minutes, Awesome grip on Tarmac, powerslides even a small wheelie! No issues with motor temp, 60C/140F. It looks so cool and sorry but Xmaxx is in second place now.. not performance of course about to test it...

Find small Traxxas sticker, added to the plate

Monster wheels and 62kg servo was the best mods, highly recommended

Ps, Xmaxx on MadMax 220mm, stock probably same or lower..

Last edited by VIX; 02-22-2018 at 02:58 PM.

RC Competitor
    Bad to the bone! Awesome machine's

RC Qualifier
    Thx...

Didnít like empty plate.. became X maxx all set to test coming days... ordered Green alu Integy battery holders, need some bling

RC Qualifier
    I also got cracks in body around the screws after few jumps, not fun! Traxxas should done better job.. The company I ordered LED kit from now selling these , looks like soft rubber, ordered them to try.. also Xmaxx in Green no being produced longer, lucky I have extra body..

Very enjoying being promised Pro match racing would fit in Xmaxx, sure.. but canít close the holders, great! Free advice for anyone considering them, you will need rebuild the holders...

RC Qualifier
    Installing mini WiFi camera, not adjusted yet, testing.. cool vids...

RC Competitor
    How are the Losi tires compared to madmax? I blew mine because of to much ballooning so I need to order new..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    How are the Losi tires compared to madmax? I blew mine because of to much ballooning so I need to order new..
    For Xmaxx I would not use Monster wheels.. they are awesome for Losi, only tried them on Tarmac.. it’s like an iron on the road.. probable good on any surface.

I would buy MadMax Land G-Ripper, half the weight of MX43 and weigh less then mine. If weight is no issue, 220mm MadMax are very good! Ps. Will go faster with bigger wheels.. Look this video, very cool, he building Xmaxx with TP5870, 22hp.. from 13.45s first video he talks about tire choice.. I wonder what the Max AMP and voltage is? I might buy one too for Losi.. i was recommended by fastlanercs not to use it, to big for Xmaxx.. interesting to watch final result...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7CSItItNIw

Last edited by VIX; 02-24-2018 at 01:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Watching this vids, unlimited budget (dealer) cool to see all parts.. wonder why using stock servo (use more AMP) if I understood right vs 7,4V also stronger for MadMax wheels.. Why he like long ESC cables, not as short as possible between ESC and batteries to reduce heat and deliver faster power.. I think these motors (20,2/22hp) need all AMPs they can get... Looks like 21-25P/50S.. looking forward to see next video... time to test mine too

RC Competitor
    The only thing with the MadMax Land G-Ripper is that the rims are larger then I like on a monster truck. I love that MX43 monster truck look with a lot of rubber and width I will most likely go TP5870 route as well. There's no such thing as to much power!

RC Qualifier
    The only thing with the MadMax Land G-Ripper is that the rims are larger then I like on a monster truck. I love that MX43 monster truck look with a lot of rubber and width I will most likely go TP5870 route as well. There's no such thing as to much power!
    MX43 are awesome! but as he said... weigh more and will break arms etc easier.. if you planing to use them with TP5870, i agree with him, weight matters... I think TP might break everything on the car on tarmac,,, torque is unreal! You will know soon if its a good choice )

RC Qualifier
    Ps. if you don't like ballooning, here is MX43...> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU8gA-vVUno

I don't think my MadMax does it so easy, 60mph should not be an issue..

RC Competitor
    You can tone down the torque with the punch setting and the throttle finger tho and it will still run cooler than a smaller motor at same power output. I don't think there's a chance of putting this much power down to the wheels anyways but it don't hurt to have more than you use.

Then it's set.. No MX43 for me haha That's just how my wheels are ballooning so I won't use the same underrated stuff that traxxas is using. Guess madmax it is if they don't balloon.

RC Qualifier
    Then it's set.. No MX43 for me haha That's just how my wheels are ballooning so I won't use the same underrated stuff that traxxas is using. Guess madmax it is if they don't balloon.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure MX43 are that bad (old). I seen people doing 50mph no ballooning... I will try on a stand both with MX43 (new) and MadMax and see...

RC Qualifier
    Did a few runs on a big parking... feel the gears, if it’s enough AMPs and torque with new gears 30P/45S. I was blown away )) no issues today after new settings, good! Torque was exactly the same (ridiculous) as with 25P/50S, only difference I noted was the speed, i have to build up speed (not to wheelie), after 40mph (65km/h) it just jumped over 60mph (95km/h) in seconds giving half throttle.. was probably over 65mph when it did a wheelie and flipped over... 30meter on the roof.. rear bumper and body is now used wheelies at any speed and torque is beyond needed.. ESC/punch is in level 3, will try 2 next time. Only manage to photo 89km/h (55,3mph) hard to do all..)) now I know gears are awesome and next time save data and vids to share.. only issue was ballooning, I saw MadMax couldn’t manage around 60mph.. not fun! No chans to test top speed in these circumstances, I will try on empty road later maybe driving after Xmaxx in the car )) Ps. dealer told me this gearing is for speed runs, close to 90mph.. start to believe him )

Awesome torque and speeds in this setup, still think 25P/50S use less AMPs, longer run-times for daily use.. try all later.

Last edited by VIX; 02-25-2018 at 09:24 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Stock vs ballooning

RC Qualifier
    You can tone down the torque with the punch setting and the throttle finger tho and it will still run cooler than a smaller motor at same power output. I don't think there's a chance of putting this much power down to the wheels anyways but it don't hurt to have more than you use.

Then it's set.. No MX43 for me haha That's just how my wheels are ballooning so I won't use the same underrated stuff that traxxas is using. Guess madmax it is if they don't balloon.
    Well, my bad.. MX43 (new) clearly the winner! Will use them next time... fit perfect on both cars with adapter wheel nuts

1/3 throttle.. inside..

feels like once they pop, they lost its hardness.. don't know.. under 55mph MadMax are awesome wheels!

Last edited by VIX; 02-25-2018 at 03:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    MadMax is a size bigger, after speed run they will be back on

RC Competitor
    Oh I see that I talked about the wrong wheels. I meant the Monster claws. I really like the look of them! How do you think they fit the Xmax?

RC Qualifier
    Oh I see that I talked about the wrong wheels. I meant the Monster claws. I really like the look of them! How do you think they fit the Xmax?
    Got a few minutes before stock market open..)

They will fit but you will need to make hole few mm bigger, after you can use MadMax or similar nuts... I don’t think you need to change more to use them... looks like not touching the body either... Ps, for Losi after you will need similar nuts, if hole is modified...

No time to test ballooning... sure looks cool! second thought, wheel nut might be to short.. you have to ask your hobby shop not getting any problem fitting them.. good luck!

Last edited by VIX; 02-26-2018 at 03:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Just saw ESC/punch level is 2..)) not 3 as I thought.. guess i must try level 1. Thatís insane torque if it wheelies around 60mph in level 2, half throttle

I saw video, T-Bone Racing wheelie bar set in lower position seems to keep the truck from not flipping.. cool! I will try to modify stock bar, lower... or strap down the suspension not to flip next time, probably more stable too. This speed run was not really what I needed but itís fun to try

RC Competitor
    RC monster has the extended version of wheel nuts of the Xmaxx for mtxl, I think that is what it is for(the monster claw). But to be sure, you might want to send them an email and ask for more detail.

https://www.rc-monster.com/proddetai...Traxxas_X-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    RC monster has the extended version of wheel nuts of the Xmaxx for mtxl, I think that is what it is for(the monster claw). But to be sure, you might want to send them an email and ask for more detail.

https://www.rc-monster.com/proddetai...Traxxas_X-Maxx
    Thx, its what i have, just other brands. I'm not planing to use them on Xmaxx, was to show minim... Xmaxx on youtube using them, end of video show whats needed to fit them, 3.01s... Ps. i would try first only to modify centre hole and see if MadMax nuts is enough before doing all he did..

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13q_2A9RDo

I am thinking of wrap them inside (black around centre bolt and yellow in circle with black or silver lines from screws towards centre bolt) not sure yet )) I saw people FIT dye and time in hot water make big difference in colour finish, I'm not sure i would like it if colour ex yellow is to dark.. wrap/vinyl feels safer ) you can't buy the bead locks/rings separate like MX43 and try...
    Last edited by VIX; 02-26-2018 at 01:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Off topic again, trying parts from Xmaxx, small modifications to fit... looks cool!

I will try Xmaxx with MX43 and ESC/Level 1. Coming days and make vids, save all data, need to find right place...

RC Competitor
    I love the pics man! If you get time could you check the ballooning on those monster claws like you did on the Xmaxx just for a comparison? Thinking of ordering a set of the rubber and machine me some rims that fit the Xmaxx That rubber just looks so good on the Xmaxx.

RC Qualifier
    I love the pics man! If you get time could you check the ballooning on those monster claws like you did on the Xmaxx just for a comparison? Thinking of ordering a set of the rubber and machine me some rims that fit the Xmaxx That rubber just looks so good on the Xmaxx.
    Thx.. you saw video, 2,59s did 52,6mph on them.. I will try to do it... canít decide plate to use, stock or modified rear version Im leaning towards modified in rear and stock in front. Ps. It makes a difference in apperence on the Xmaxx too ) Would like to see your machined/custom rims!

Like with plate more..

I also modified stock grill/sticker, smaller )

Last edited by VIX; 02-27-2018 at 03:40 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Received and installed new body washer (6pcs, should have been 8pcs) with stainless screws, quite soft and more flexible then plastic shims... perfect fitting, looks more aggressive now ) I will reinforce my new spare body and make custom design plates, over and under with springs between them, flex more and not crack so easy, if these washers not doing a better job...

Ps. minim here is a new project for you to design and come up with better solutions, everyone needs it

New Integy plates ordered for Losi, will modify and use stock in front, cut the rear... wheels and skid plates made it a New model also a new slipper eliminator came with 50S..

Last edited by VIX; 02-27-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast