Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I used the Hostile boots from Discount Dave’s Motors. They don’t have that ridge around the opening. I was able to zip tie them to a lip on the bulkhead. Wouldn’t be able to with yours.

In reference to the posts around #166:
    On HR arms for ERBE the set screw that screws in to arms that hold the pivot ball screw going through the bearing carrier so that it doesnt back out are to small and if screwed all the way in wont push hard enough against pivot ball screw to keep it from backing out. I noticed recently that after taking set screw out there was a small round spacer in between the tip of set screw and pivot ball screw so it could be significantly tightened to hold. Im wondering if this would be a viable fix for grinding a flat spot on shaft to keep gear from moving. Remember the spacer would have to be long enough that when pressed on to flat spot it comes in to gear where threads for set screw are, but short enough to allow set screw to penetrate enough so its torqued sufficiently enough to hold. I apologize if this issue has been resolved, I just got to that and wanted to mention it before I got sidetracked by something else.
    Btw VIX that green theme looks spectacular! Love it, nicely done!
    I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 03-23-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    In reference to the posts around #166:
    On HR arms for ERBE the set screw that screws in to arms that hold the pivot ball screw going through the bearing carrier so that it doesnt back out are to small and if screwed all the way in wont push hard enough against pivot ball screw to keep it from backing out. I noticed recently that after taking set screw out there was a small round spacer in between the tip of set screw and pivot ball screw so it could be significantly tightened to hold. Im wondering if this would be a viable fix for grinding a flat spot on shaft to keep gear from moving. Remember the spacer would have to be long enough that when pressed on to flat spot it comes in to gear where threads for set screw are, but short enough to allow set screw to penetrate enough so its torqued sufficiently enough to hold. I apologize if this issue has been resolved, I just got to that and wanted to mention it before I got sidetracked by something else.
    Btw VIX that green theme looks spectacular! Love it, nicely done!
    I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Thx, itís not resolved.. next week Iím getting help by hobby shop owner, I will inform him what you wrote, thank you for your time and thoughts. Regarding green) stay tuned, more coming next week.. trying green plexiglass for rear/front, maybe all plates in the center too (protection on now) looks better in real

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I used the Hostile boots from Discount Daveís Motors. They donít have that ridge around the opening. I was able to zip tie them to a lip on the bulkhead. Wouldnít be able to with yours.
    Thx, did they work? I ordered a few to try.. see if any fits )) only received these so far..

I hope I can use cvd boots.. itís because of the car wash I need them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Thx, did they work? I ordered a few to try.. see if any fits )) only received these so far..

I hope I can use cvd boots.. itís because of the car wash I need them

Nice work. Youíre giving some good ideas for keeping a clean ride.

RC Qualifier
    The axel boot is on, not sure it will work, little to big.. will try to find smaller, use without zip tie would be better.. Iím getting there

With old rear cover, will change before testing...

Battery strap is attached to the box, easy to use when needed

RC Qualifier
    Off topic I don’t like the stock dbxl-e at all, tires destroys the look! MX43 should been option from Losi. Now with new monster wheels and all windows done, from fullforcerc, modified, looks awesome! I’m installing 2x30mm Hudy fans behind the drivers, push more air straight down on the Max5 and to the castle 2028 fans, turbo Yellow LED inside, Integy modified skid plates coming.. Most likely I will use this car on tarmac for drifting when it’s wet

Xmaxx will be ready next week..

Last edited by VIX; 03-24-2018 at 02:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Now the axel boot donít need zip tie, think this will work.. use sticky stuff everywhere donít know what itís called..

Axel rolls perfect, boot is stuck.

RC Qualifier
    Received other axel boots, trying them too, both sides of axel, outside needs to be glued...

Will make ballooning test, see if gravity pulls them of or not

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Received other axel boots, trying them too, both sides of axel, outside needs to be glued...

Will make ballooning test, see if gravity pulls them of or not

Iím waiting on these results.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’m waiting on these results.
    Well, i don’t have any glue home, tried sticky stuff.. installed 25P to try, two on inside without zip tie/sticky stuff worked zip tie came off and also outside boot. Will try later with glue and with small modified boot, see if it stays on the axel. want to replace zip tie, if something can hold it in place on the axel, it will stay and no need for anything inside or around the boot.. will ask hobby shop for solutions.. most important is the inside boots, worked..) looks so dirty with flash ))

After fast test..
    Outside

Inside

Zip tie

Small.. didn’t try yet

Ps, the latest boots (inside) is tighter, will use them...

Last edited by VIX; 03-24-2018 at 03:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Just a thought have you tried any shrink tubing, I recently picked up some water proof 3:1 with inner adhesive with an inside diameter 6.4 that shrinks down to 2.3.
    If you cleaned your axles really good and put it on the small end of the boot it should keep it in place, I'm super impressed with this stuff.
    5 meters for 6.50 cdn on ebay and comes in black,red,clear,white and green.
    I never expected it to work for the price but I'm amazed and more footage then I'll use in my life time.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Just a thought have you tried any shrink tubing, I recently picked up some water proof 3:1 with inner adhesive with an inside diameter 6.4 that shrinks down to 2.3.
    If you cleaned your axles really good and put it on the small end of the boot it should keep it in place, I'm super impressed with this stuff.
    5 meters for 6.50 cdn on ebay and comes in black,red,clear,white and green.
    I never expected it to work for the price but I'm amazed and more footage then I'll use in my life time.
    Thx, great idea.. will try and see how strong it holds. I’m also thinking to try a plastic tube, between the boots.. keep them in place, press outward, not to let them back off ) Best would be to install a plastic circle (modified) around/outside direct on the chassi and attach the boot, nothing would come between or inside the bearings, use grease inside the boot for friction from axel spinning.. Will give all ideas to the hobby shop, not to get headache )) see what they come up with

Will try the plastic tube first, right diameter, green drive axel easy..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you guys have links axle boots and sticky shrink tubing? Iím not having much luck,
    But forsee wanting to do this.

RC Qualifier
    Do you guys have links axle boots and sticky shrink tubing? I’m not having much luck,
    But forsee wanting to do this.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...0AAOSwo3pWcQyx

See if this works, I'm a work in progress lol

Vix
    How would you get the tubing over the dog bone, you can do the shrink tubing boot to boot and it comes in larger diameter.
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 03-25-2018 at 11:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thx.. that could be good, will try it. To get it over, just cut it open, after glue and use heat shrink. i don't know whats best.. I looked at the dbxl-e boots, seems smaller and just pulled over, very tight. Same principle should work on Xmaxx inside, enough place., not outside.. I need smaller to start with..

dbxl-e boots

Dbxl-e has same boots on all axels, smaller then what I used, will try them next week and find best solution...

Last edited by VIX; 03-25-2018 at 11:30 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Iím trying to find best solution for the axel boots, I noticed Losi dbxl-e has an edge on the drive cup, reason it hold the boot in place. The hobby shop canít weld or make an edge. I would like to try to use o-ring or glue a metal/rubber ring (if metal,smooth out edges) as an edge and use Losi boots, smaller.. does anyone have good ideas to make an edge on the drive cup?

This part someone should produce with an edge, can be used with boot..
    Losi

Traxxas Xmaxx drive cup

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím trying to find best solution for the axel boots, I noticed Losi dbxl-e has an edge on the drive cup, reason it hold the boot in place. The hobby shop canít weld or make an edge. I would like to try to use o-ring or glue a metal/rubber ring (if metal,smooth out edges) as an edge and use Losi boots, smaller.. does anyone have good ideas to make an edge on the drive cup?

This part someone should produce with an edge, can be used with boot..
    Losi

Traxxas Xmaxx drive cup

Wonder if you could thread the cup. Would it be too weak after.

RC Qualifier
    I decided to wait for new gears, use red loctite and try to make a dent on the shaft, not to have the pinion backing off again... will use Integy suspension limiter next time, tired of zip tie shocks. I’m trying to cut the acrylic plexiglass and new upper arms plate meanwhile to get the edges clear, polish and blowtorch)) been watching YouTube.. Also waiting for smaller boots to try before I glue an edge. I can’t stop using the chrome pencil, Losi getting updates New radio, looked at low priced models, Absima CR4T/ Hitec Lynx 4S (big discount), really liked the Lynx 4S, felt more premium, classic look and perfect match with Losi, not as cool display, ok for my use... buying GoPro Hero 6 instead of installing gps, in the app I can add telemetry/ GPS speed etc in the video, wish I knew earlier

Im als thinking of HR arms in Black/alu for Xmaxx..

Last edited by VIX; 04-01-2018 at 09:08 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Testing new rear LED, driving inside I saw video (extreme Traxxas Xmaxx build) also use fastlanercs gears, pinion backed off.. didnt saw he used loctite... he used both screws on the pinion, one for the flat side on the shaft (standard) other I donít understand why...

Interior updates

GoPro hero 6 ordered, vids with speedometer

RC Qualifier
    2 plexiglass covers almost ready, in real they look very cool, glowing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looking good

RC Qualifier
    Started with top brace plates, will have to redo it, test now.. looks so cool, will replace all

Tried cover rear with sticker, to see..

Front to see..

Did front opening bigger, easier to get body on.. thinking of same in rear, not needed there but to look same... also the shock socks coming off, for winter )

Last edited by VIX; 04-04-2018 at 12:31 PM.

RC Competitor
    I think the truck looks quite gaudy with all of that plexi, led lighting and lightning themed shock socks. Also, trying to seal every opening to keep moisture and debris out is a lot of wasted effort.

Drive it, give it a quick clean, rebuild and replace parts as needed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Started with top brace plates, will have to redo it, test now.. looks so cool, will replace all

Tried cover rear with sticker, to see..

Front to see..

Did front opening bigger, easier to get body on.. thinking of same in rear, not needed there but to look same... also the shock socks coming off, for winter )

I like the plexiglass look, maybe not the stickers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtcobra View Post
    I think the truck looks quite gaudy with all of that plexi, led lighting and lightning themed shock socks. Also, trying to seal every opening to keep moisture and debris out is a lot of wasted effort.

Drive it, give it a quick clean, rebuild and replace parts as needed.
    No comment on appearance, i might not like your car or taste as well.. doesn't mean i will tell you! when you spend your time and money on upgrade parts, your likely a person with passion for cars. Some people are like me, some are not. Last run it was very dirty, only a quick clean was needed because nothing comes inside ) Ps. its my son cars (3y), bought little to big )) he loves them and i keep them clean and he decides what should be on them.. Cheers!

RC Qualifier
    I like the plexiglass look, maybe not the stickers.

Thx man.. I agree! Love your new LED lights, awesome! i might copy you ) install it on a new body..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thx man.. I agree! Love your new LED lights, awesome! i might copy you ) install it on a new body..
    I figured my new body would be basically for show. The lights will see more use on the body for daily use.

RC Racer
    everybody has their own level of ocd and I am like VIX so I understand why he did what he did to his xmaxx-**** even my wife thinks there is something wrong with me because of my severe ocd.Think about this I hand wash my 2015 40ft newmar coach almost every 2 weeks before we take our long weekend trips with my 5 rescue dogs and detail it so there are no waterspots.So I know where vix is coming from.

RC Racer
    And grip I have a custom painted body from skinjobs that my wife said I could only use for slow driving or show--she saw first hand my out of control aggressive bashing lol.

RC Qualifier
    Thx js1badsti I guess we face same issues...

More green on the car, folie looks same as shocks will add few more fans, either on the side, push air out.. maybe rebuild battery holder in green plexiglass with 3 fans for the batteries , know it not cooling all cells.. no room for alu case ) testing little until gear comes canít wait to see GoPro hero 6 vids with speedometer

RC Racer
    oh and sense you are into cars my screen name refers to the 700+whp 04 wrxsti I built and tuned that resides in my garage.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by js1badsti View Post
    oh and sense you are into cars my screen name refers to the 700+whp 04 wrxsti I built and tuned that resides in my garage.
    Dyno graph or itís not true. Just kidding, but seriously post it

RC Competitor
    Dyno graph or itís not true. Just kidding, but seriously post it
    I second that request. I hope it's true but that's a pretty big claim!

RC Racer
    I can post pics of the car once I figure out how.I dont believe in dynographs---dyno results can be manipulated by playing with the dyno calibration--I go off et and mph in the 1/4 vs vehicle weight-but mostly by mph.On 30 lbs of boost running an 80lb per min turbo by forced performance went 141 and some change in the 1/4 weighing 3370 at 1000ft above sea level on a 88 degree day running e85

RC Racer
    ok I am on imgur how do a post a pic on there to here?

RC Racer
    [IMG] [/IMG] this is me and the car--since pics NOS REMOVED,LARGER TURBO,2200CC ID INJECTORS AND RETUNE BY ME ON E85.I went to 2 tuning schools on my own expense.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by js1badsti View Post
    I can post pics of the car once I figure out how.I dont believe in dynographs---dyno results can be manipulated by playing with the dyno calibration--I go off et and mph in the 1/4 vs vehicle weight-but mostly by mph.On 30 lbs of boost running an 80lb per min turbo by forced performance went 141 and some change in the 1/4 weighing 3370 at 1000ft above sea level on a 88 degree day running e85
    No doubt, thatís fast. I just like seeing cool stuff, so Iím looking forward to you figuring it out. I canít answer your question btw.

RC Racer
    thats fine I figured it out--even though I can tune with a laptop I am no where near as computer savy as shack.

RC Qualifier
    Installing fans to try cool batteries, will make alu plate inside holder with air pockets under, experiments little.. TP5860 is to big for this vehicle, when I pull it, wheels not even rolls)) dragging on the surface or jumping when shaft turns.. not rotating normal, so much torque and this causes big vibration driving and pinion to back off, can’t hold under load.. will use both screws on pinion and make shaft flat for the other screw.. try and see with red loctite

Trying this as covers, flexible

Last edited by VIX; 04-07-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast