Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Modified upper arms plates, will polish edges and add strap for dusty motors cover.. used same for easy removal/cleaning on the cover... I think it looks quite cool with carbon, maybe i will do carbon plates in middle too, all side is same.. instead of carbon stickers. Rear cover not done, will make same size.

Received a new 30T pinion.. looks good new gears but didn’t fit the shaft from one side.. fastlanercs said happens sometimes, my luck! Regarding vibration and mod 1 or 1,5 to use, been told mod 1.5 would vibrate more, not sure now what mod to use... maybe I try mod 1 again.. was told magnets inside motor lose it’s effectiveness if exposed to temps over 130-150C, removing red loctite (risk) same thing happens if you put magnets in the oven, useless after... I don’t know... anyway, slowly progress forward

Plexiglass takes time, in progress. Ordered chrome/green sleeving to cover cables..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VIX; 04-08-2018 at 02:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum plate inside battery box, green folie under.. looks awesome plexiglass under running boards, glowing )) will do same with carbon chrome foile/alu plates in dbxl-e... big difference

Last edited by VIX; 04-08-2018 at 07:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    did a short video, if anyone like to see instead of photos with dvxl-e.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_zPoUskMA
    forgot music was on, sorry making new plexiglass for middle and rear parts etc, not perfect now. I'm just testing few colours for fun to see.. Xmaxx cool status is back over dbxl-e )) plexiglass looks better when its not bright light, darker and glow more.. show later...
    Last edited by VIX; 04-08-2018 at 12:56 PM.

RC Qualifier
    One upper arms plate ready, just recut small piece to fit better against running board, looks very cool in real with body on as well..

It takes 10 minutes to make new, cut/bend and replace if damaged... easy to change )

Last edited by VIX; 04-09-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    Started with top brace.....
    VIX, that looks really nice dont give up keep plowing forward. Youll keep tweaking until perfect and have a stout X your proud of that wont be like any others! Btw where did you get spring dust boots? I want to put red ones like that on my Snap-On edition 8s X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtcobra View Post
    ...Also, trying to seal every opening to keep moisture and debris out is a lot of wasted effort. Drive it, give it a quick clean, rebuild and replace parts as needed.
    +1 on wasted effort to try n seal everything! Run it like you stole just dont her away wet n dirty! Little love clean is good and detail periodically. I used to be so ocd bout stuff like that... pretty easy when you only have a few. 13 Trx rc's in my fleet later, (soon to be 14 when ERBE 2.0 arrives), and I just dont have time to service n maintain and modify like I used to. I can verify having Trx cvd's with boots and MIP's without, there was no noticeable difference in feel or visual wear on drives in either booted or non-booted drives. A heavy duty splined drive like MIPs are strong enough to withstand any debris and with periodic cleaning and bearing replacement, (to keep thing rolling easily and not put dive line in a bind), I just found no need for boots. If anything a small puncture from stick or object allowing debris in, a boot only helps to contain contaminates rather than flinging it off from centrifugal force. Non-booted MIP X-Duties on 2 of my Stampede 4x4's on 4s-6s for over 2yrs have been rock solid in every type of environment you can run in. Had more issues with dog bone booted Trx style drives than I care to mention. This has been my experience anyway. Also the Proline Prospline HD drives which are like MIPs in design and strength have done fairly well on ERBE 1.0 on 4s only but have been exposed to many different environments as well. Upon perodic inspection noticed 2 cvjoint pins working their way out but thats why we inspect and do maintenance on them. Just ground flat spot on pin for set screw and put shrink tube as insurance around axle cups. Diff out put cups had no issues. In this case if boots are covering cv joints how will you notice if you start to have an issue?

Just food for thought. If your really set on boots, thoughts I had for you are: Try a smidge of shoe glue or even a drop or two of super glue on shaft n axle cups to hold boots on. Shoe glue can be cleanly scraped off if doesnt hold and need to. Super glue idk about getting it off if doesnt hold, but if it holds for a while and can re-glue later then nobody will ever know.

One last question here, whats the need for keeping batts cool? If pulling that much power causing batts to heat up to unwanted temps, shouldnt a gearing change or esc settings be looked at first? There are liquid cooled batts and mini radiators if your just really trying to spend $ and going for a unique setup.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 04-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Briber;6445073]VIX, that looks really nice dont give up keep plowing forward. Youll keep tweaking until perfect and have a stout X your proud of that wont be like any others! Btw where did you get spring dust boots?

Thx, also for sharing your advices. I don't know what will break, need new gears and test it.. I'm just doing this because i have time and fun with my boys )) Im not really an rc driver, yet i like more to modify them then driving..)) I bought shock boots from fullforcerc.com > http://www.fullforcerc.com/XMX018/ Ps. metallic also looks cool.

I don't know if i need to cool batteries, did not reach high temps, been cold. The aluminium plate feels pretty cold vs plastic.. I will try on one side with fans, new 50mm, lower them to blow across and under to see if it make any difference, just testing, to much time! )) Thanks for advice, water cooling could be something later..
    Last edited by VIX; 04-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Did front/ rear covers under, used alu plates I had left on top.. shining did battery box in dbxl-e with black chrome under alu plates, doesnít shine, ordered red chrome to try for more effect

Ps. I know not everyone thinks itís necessary or like it... share it anyway )

RC Qualifier
    If anyone considering Hitec Lynx 4s, GPS etc.. with 2600mAh 2S lipo, few pics and it’s a premium radio for big discount (outgoing model), I really like it! feels better in the hand then X-8E in my opinion..

im installing Proton4 receiver, sensors with GPS...

Last edited by VIX; 04-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    VIX, that looks really nice dont give up keep plowing forward. Youll keep tweaking until perfect and have a stout X your proud of that wont be like any others! Btw where did you get spring dust boots?

Thx, also for sharing your advices. I don't know what will break, need new gears and test it.. I'm just doing this because i have time and fun with my boys )) Im not really an rc driver, yet i like more to modify them then driving..)) I bought shock boots from fullforcerc.com > http://www.fullforcerc.com/XMX018/ Ps. metallic also looks cool. I don't know if i need to cool batteries, did not reach high temps, been cold. The aluminium plate feels pretty cold vs plastic.. I will try on one side with fans, new 50mm, lower them to blow across and under to see if it make any difference, just testing, to much time! )) Thanks for advice, water cooling could be something later..
    Thanks, got red spring boots on order for Snap On edition Xmaxx. Not biggest fan of red, wish I had blue shocks n wheel adapters & nuts though. Id hang Snap On body and paint myself up another blue body like my 6s X had.I hear you on building them and modifying, but I like ripping all out on em too. Especially the 8s its just a beast!!!! Man I cant say enough how nice yours is. Super sick!

Last edited by Briber; 04-10-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Slowly forward, Green LED coming on.. if anyone like LED under body, I can also recommend fluorescent acrylic plexiglass under running boards, any color with light on them, I tested with small flashlight)) so cool! Glowing in the dark... will install LED behind them, coming will do same under chassi plate on the dbxl-e along the sides in blue, yellow LED under body will try carbon folie on the plates, led under to make sides glow.. my son say he wants black now )) just fun Fastlanercs changing supplier, new gears available in 30 days, pfff...

With light behind, doesnít capture real green glow..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Thanks, got red spring boots on order for Snap On edition Xmaxx. Not biggest fan of red, wish I had blue shocks n wheel adapters & nuts though. Id hang Snap On body and paint myself up another blue body like my 6s X had.I hear you on building them and modifying, but I like ripping all out on em too. Especially the 8s its just a beast!!!! Man I cant say enough how nice yours is. Super sick!

Thx, your car looks very nice!! I'm curious, how does the custom paint hold up when scratched? Stock body paint/sticker seems to manage a lot, tarmac and sliding 20 meters on the roof, i was surprised how good it hold up, almost not noticeable! I'm also thinking of making a custom body...

I can't wait to try with Gopro Hero 6 with GPS/Speedometer in the video.. i saw this Xmaxx owner using it, cool! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33q4gPVoOfg
    Last edited by VIX; 04-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Vix, I'm curious how much your truck weighs with all that extra stuff on it.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus001 View Post
    Vix, I'm curious how much your truck weighs with all that extra stuff on it.
    11,5kg without batteries... think stock is 8,66kg, added 2,84kg.. MadMax wheels are heavy and motor, the rest is only grams..

Last edited by VIX; 04-12-2018 at 01:07 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The previous non-Traxxas related posts were deleted for a reason.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-13-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: content

RC Qualifier
    The previous non-Traxxas related posts were deleted for a reason.
    To compare weights between two popular models and show pics is deleted for a reason.. non-Traxxas, people like to compare products, Xmaxx was lighter by the way, its kind of one way opinion here.

RC Qualifier
    New set of black plates in progress, like to change

RC Qualifier
    Almost all black plates done.. had no stickers left, removed the old to see... new decals from darksidestudios coming for plates.. scary stuff

RC Racer
    thats too funny I just received a full body wrap for an xmaxx body from them yesterday.Plan to wrap a body this week.

RC Qualifier
    Didnít want to wait forever, ordered 44t spur mod 1. Should arrive next week will test 30P/44S if I can modify the pinion to fit the shaft...and make two flat sides on the shaft, should go even faster )) The new LED stripes are to weak, low quality.. hope all is ready next week...

RC Qualifier
    Thought I share few pics with new black plexiglass, I like it
    Will finish all carbon covers and install suspension limiter, fans and fix cables/LED before gears comes...

Did a new short video with both cars > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zr770XCBSGM

RC Qualifier
    Upper arms covers done... looks much better with dark carbon covering sides (identical angles). New suspension limiter is on, gears on the way... ready for high speeds

RC Qualifier
    Today fastlanercs new gears came, Mod 1. 44t spur and 30t pinion (old, 45S/30P) I just took what they had in stock.. Iím still waiting for their new gears to arrive and place order. The new gears weigh less and looks much better! I donít think two flat sides on the motor shaft can be used with the new gears as planned... will use red loctite this time and try again if there is no temp or voltage issues with new gears, I will try 35P... A few photos of new gears and with Xmaxx body on, really like glowing green edge under running boards also a pic how blue looks in daytime..

Old 45S/30P vs 44S/30P

Blue in daylight..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Today fastlanercs new gears came, Mod 1. 44t spur and 30t pinion (old, 45S/30P) I just took what they had in stock.. Iím still waiting for their new gears to arrive and place order. The new gears weigh less and looks much better! I donít think two flat sides on the motor shaft can be used with the new gears as planned... will use red loctite this time and try again if there is no temp or voltage issues with new gears, I will try 35P... A few photos of new gears and with Xmaxx body on, really like glowing green edge under running boards also a pic how blue looks in daytime..

Old 45S/30P vs 44S/30P

Blue in daylight..

Nova and Saga have Mod1 gears in stock. Just a heads up

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Nova and Saga have Mod1 gears in stock. Just a heads up
    Thx.. Novarc biggest spur gear Mod 1, 5mm is only 34t, weird! Pinion gears he have in all sizes... might try his 37P or 29P later..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thx.. Novarc biggest spur gear Mod 1, 5mm is only 34t, weird! Pinion gears he have in all sizes... might try his 37P or 29P later..
    Ah. I forgot you shredded your spur. I know itís a powerhouse but I still question your mesh.

RC Qualifier
    The gears are in place, 30P/44S (smaller then this combination is impossible) installation and mesh is done by a former rc Pro, not to be concerned Ready tomorrow I painted the MX43 wheels, looks cool few pics...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The gears are in place, 30P/44S (smaller then this combination is impossible) installation and mesh is done by a former rc Pro, not to be concerned Ready tomorrow I painted the MX43 wheels, looks cool few pics...

The gears look nice, the tire paint looks great. Maybe not for me, but very well done

RC Qualifier
    Thx Gripdog7205, I understand it’s useless and will come off but looks quite cool...

I cut away the X from rear window to use reverse airflow.. will add a piece of dust cover under it, just started.. car is ready, will test soon and update results...

Last edited by VIX; 05-11-2018 at 05:25 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thx Gripdog7205, I understand itís useless and will come off but looks quite cool...

I cut away the X from rear window to use reverse airflow.. will add a piece of dust cover under it, just started.. car is ready, will test soon and update results...

Iím just surprised you havenít dyed the beadlock rings.

RC Qualifier
    I’m just surprised you haven’t dyed the beadlock rings.
    I saw you did it (darker green) looks good! I would like to colour them green too if i knew how to get right brightness, otherwise black with stainless screws would be my choice. Ps. I only use them for speed runs and Proline don't sell beadlock rings separate, otherwise i would try... Now i want to test the car, after start driving it like you guys )

RC Qualifier
    Decided to add little more airflow... opened the two air intakes and few holes in the grill.. also a to improve the flow towards the motor, prototype, will make it in carbon.. tried with a fan, blowing more direct on the center for better cooling, I hope... will know soon...

First prototype

Bigger prototype

Not ready... will adjust angles when I make it in carbon..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I saw you did it (darker green) looks good! I would like to colour them green too if i knew how to get right brightness, otherwise black with stainless screws would be my choice. Ps. I only use them for speed runs and Proline don't sell beadlock rings separate, otherwise i would try... Now i want to test the car, after start driving it like you guys )
    You can find them on eBay. The timing was is critical. I just sat there and watched them. I got black dye as well just in case I messed the green up.

RC Qualifier
    You can find them on eBay. The timing was is critical. I just sat there and watched them. I got black dye as well just in case I messed the green up.
    Thx again.. I use MX43 on both cars (Xmaxx/Losi) I realized green won’t fit both )) I might buy a set and make black... I saw on YouTube how to make blue, first time 20-30 minutes, became very dark... then he did new 3-4 minutes, perfect! I guess I have to try same parts first with different times to know result... sure looks cool!

RC Qualifier
    I used duct tape (neon green) inside body to try before making it in carbon, it directs more airflow on the batteries as well... hope to try all in coming days...

RC Qualifier
    Few more pics with green neon duct tape, very cool color!

Only a good place to try the car left

RC Qualifier
    Decided to add little more airflow... opened the two air intakes and few holes in the grill.. also a to improve the flow towards the motor, prototype, will make it in carbon.. tried with a fan, blowing more direct on the center for better cooling, I hope... will know soon...
    I thought along the same lines, but I was not sure how much air would actually flow through. When air hits the front does it make a wall of trapped air if the holes are too small for that surface? Would it be better to cut that section out and have a rectangle or oval opening? I was going with a 2" hole in the windshield with plastic 1" tubing to the ESC and motor. I like your internal spoiler to route airflow.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I thought along the same lines, but I was not sure how much air would actually flow through. When air hits the front does it make a wall of trapped air if the holes are too small for that surface? Would it be better to cut that section out and have a rectangle or oval opening? I was going with a 2" hole in the windshield with plastic 1" tubing to the ESC and motor. I like your internal spoiler to route airflow.
    Thx for sharing your thoughts... your 2" hole in the windshield with plastic 1" tubing would be best.. I was recommended same solution. This Xmaxx body i use to experiment with )) I might open the grill more like you suggested or use air scoop, could open up front air intakes more if needed, i like stock appearance ) The 8V Hudy fans push much more air vs 2028 fans, i wanted to route more airflow towards them and the batteries not to have heat issues. I will test and see temps, speed coming days, now its +26C (79F), not so warm yet...
    Last edited by VIX; 05-13-2018 at 03:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Took few pics outside to show the neon duct tape, very bright and similar to Xmaxx green body stripes. Car is dirty now after all mods.. wheels are not ready, either I make all insides green or try chrome tape to fill the missing part, chrome/green inside.. quite cool black/green as well

Just trying for fun...

Last edited by VIX; 05-13-2018 at 03:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Air scoop in progress...

RC Qualifier
    Ready.. good enough to try now...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast