Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I opened the rear body little to reduce air drag under body, donít know if if makes any difference... just fun to try everything in coming days...

All is just temporarily done to try...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Few pics together Xmaxx has become very cool now with all power and upgrades... 30-32C (86-90F) coming days when I will test..)) should be ok with all air flow

RC Qualifier
    I follow your build and a few others with the Xmaxx hoping to one day add to the collection. I have one of the Hitec tx's and would like some advice if your willing at a later date when I get around to actually setting this up.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Rain Dawg;6453298]I follow your build and a few others with the Xmaxx hoping to one day add to the collection. I have one of the Hitec tx's and would like some advice if your willing at a later date when I get around to actually setting this up.

Ok) i hope you will add to the collection... Xmaxx 8S is awesome machine even with stock performance! sure i help if i can.. Its a very nice transmitter, really like it too!

RC Qualifier
    Not my day again! planned to test the car in the evening, noticed the car not breaking normal and in reverse the car getting enormous torque did backwards wheelie and broke a tooth on the pinion.. at least it didnít came off probably something in settings... I have another 30T pinion to replace it with and try again.. mod 1 seems weak, will replace them with mod 1.5 gears.

RC Qualifier
    Installed new 30T pinion and was told this motor has to much torque to hold any pinion in place for this truck, shaft and pinion screw are not hard enough. Mesh probably caused the teeth issues... I try again and see, not sure it’s right but otherwise I use mod 1.5 and weld it together

will try a steel bar not to flip over, not ready yet.. I cut off the castle cover, like to see the motor ) and can add fans if needed. will try all soon again

RC poster
    I purchased and use pinions from https://www.sagacustomrc.com/store/p...ons_gears.html

The pinions use 2x grub screws.

Running 31/54 gearing, leopard 5892 1340kv, hw max5

RC Qualifier
    The wheelie bar is finished, easy to remove after speed runs... had issues with speed control, no breaking and difficult to reverse, probably the reason I broke many gears. Now itís re-programmed and ready ) test coming

RC poster
    Buenas amigos .. acabo de adquirir un x maxx 8s y querŪa saber cůmo instalarle todo la telemetrŪa ya que no e podido y no se donde se conectan todos los cables y los accesorios que compre para poner toda la telemetrŪa a funcionar.. gracias

RC Qualifier
    Vacation is over ) first run after new gears and upgrades... no issues, wheelie bar worked ) was very dusty track, tested accelerations and brakes for 20 minutes, fun! Top speed on tarmac next few pics...

RC Competitor
    Your X-Maxx looks great, I like the tires whats are they i couldn't seem to find them

RC Qualifier
    Madmax 220
    with wheel nuts
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    thanks, they look cool may need to get a set of those

RC Qualifier
    I am wondering if the issue with stripped mod1 gears is related to chassis flex causing a divination in gear mesh.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    I am wondering if the issue with stripped mod1 gears is related to chassis flex causing a divination in gear mesh.
    I still vote on improper mesh. If I recall, he doesnít really run his truck too hard. I think since we havenít heard from him in a while the problem has been resolved.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I still vote on improper mesh. If I recall, he doesn’t really run his truck too hard. I think since we haven’t heard from him in a while the problem has been resolved.
    True, i don't run it hard.. yet ) It might been the mesh. Now the mesh is done by a pro and red loctite. The torque is same, 25P50S to 30P45S, now 30P44S No difference, still wheelies at any speed! Speed run will show if the loctite can hold the pinion or not... if not, motor is to powerful ) only need good place to try... its not easy with this car, maybe the new wheelie bar helps )

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIX View Post
    True, i don't run it hard.. yet ) It might been the mesh. Now the mesh is done by a pro and red loctite. The torque is same, 25P50S to 30P45S, now 30P44S No difference, still wheelies at any speed! Speed run will show if the loctite can hold the pinion or not... if not, motor is to powerful ) only need good place to try... its not easy with this car, maybe the new wheelie bar helps )
    Good luck. Iím interested

RC poster
    This has been a fantastic thread to read. I hope Brian at fastlanercs finds this thread! I have worked with him for nearly a year now and he is great! I wish my xmaxx was this clean looking! I have tried a 12s setup with an alienpower esc. I had the same problem with pinions. I ended up getting my drill and put a small dent in the motor shaft and then used red loctite. I haven't had any issues since. I can't wait to read or see how your xmaxx performs!

RC Qualifier
    Any updates VIX?
    I just purchased an xmaxx with the max 5 and a leopard motor, however I have a tp5670 in the garage also. I'm hoping to learn from your experiences.

RC Competitor
    Go with proline trencher tires and my recommendation is to put a max6 and increase the punch

*References to a certain indestructible body are not allowed here in the forums.*
    Last edited by Double G; 09-12-2018 at 07:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4clawhammer1 View Post
    This has been a fantastic thread to read. I hope Brian at fastlanercs finds this thread! I have worked with him for nearly a year now and he is great! I wish my xmaxx was this clean looking! I have tried a 12s setup with an alienpower esc. I had the same problem with pinions. I ended up getting my drill and put a small dent in the motor shaft and then used red loctite. I haven't had any issues since. I can't wait to read or see how your xmaxx performs!
    Thank you! Yes he is great guy but very busy... Sorry for the long delay to present result, when I'm back home, will do it! )

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Any updates VIX?
    I just purchased an xmaxx with the max 5 and a leopard motor, however I have a tp5670 in the garage also. I'm hoping to learn from your experiences.

Congrats! im not right person to give you good advice.. I think TP5670 is awesome, All day rc on youtube build his xmaxx with it and max5 ESC with upgraded fan etc, very powerful! think he uses 25P/50S, I recommend you to watch his video and advices. I have issues with pinion gear backing off, will test all and make a video and present the result. I see guys testing top speed on parking places... I can't reach top speed on football field, need long straight road to do this, thats the problem. Ps I'm not so good driver and can do it on a road with cars parked ))

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 604Slash4x4 View Post
    Go with proline trencher tires and my recommendation is to put a max6 and increase the punch
    Why downgrade to a Max6. And those bodies are off limits for conversation here, not to mention hideous. Better option is the new Proline Brute body.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-12-2018 at 07:39 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Congrats! im not right person to give you good advice.. I think TP5670 is awesome, All day rc on youtube build his xmaxx with it and max5 ESC with upgraded fan etc, very powerful! think he uses 25P/50S, I recommend you to watch his video and advices. I have issues with pinion gear backing off, will test all and make a video and present the result. I see guys testing top speed on parking places... I can't reach top speed on football field, need long straight road to do this, thats the problem. Ps I'm not so good driver and can do it on a road with cars parked ))
    Sounds good I'll look him up on YouTube. Good luck with the work on your RC.

RC Racer
    I don't know what experience on Rc's you have...but you need to understand this...

With such a beast of motor and ESC...you need a front wing or some oldschool "heavy weight" on the nose of the x-maxx.

Problem solved of wheeling...it will no wheelie! Period!

See this 2 video that explains the need for a front wing...

I know it's not a Traxxas RC but i am helping this brother to keep is X-Maxx undercontrol.
    I have several overpowered Rc's and i am on the RC speed game for about 10years. No rookie but still learing everyday...

One basic rule for not wheeling is either front wing or some heavy "iron" on the nose!

https://youtu.be/DWu47GSbz6M?list=PL...KI4-n30p39gYTW
    -No front wing!

https://youtu.be/dgV36_QYwHA?list=PL...KI4-n30p39gYTW
    -With front wing!

Big diference?

As for bashing with front wing...well "make" your own conclusions...

A good way to put a front wing is to screw a piece of plastic or metal on the front bulkhead and stick it out to the front and screw a wing into it.... easy stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Installed green Traxxas steering rods and Atomikrc parts for the shocks, not happy with the color, light green and doesnít match Traxxas parts. Well, shipping cost was more then the parts, guess I keep them or replace all shocks later. Integy suspension conversion kit and Integy alloy brake set on the way i hesitated between green and silver, decided silver is better in the long run, scratches donít looks so bad etc and if I change body to PL brute force later... will test the car direct after all installed, hopefully more stable in high speed

Few pics in the evening:

Last edited by VIX; 09-19-2018 at 03:58 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for putting the atomic stuff on your ride. I was tempted but was afraid it wouldnít match. Youíve confirmed my fear. Traxxas makes green, and black aluminum shock caps as well that would look better. Iíll be getting the PL body shortly and will beat on it hard to see if itís worth the price. Let me know how the steering rods hold up in a crash. Wonder if the HR would be better. Glad to see you canít leave your ride alone.

RC Qualifier
    What do you think about the quality of those shock travel limiter straps? I'm thinking of getting some...

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I got disgusted with how clean your truck is and tore mine down and detailed it for a couple hours. Time well spent.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=LibertyMKiii;6469967]What do you think about the quality of those shock travel limiter straps? I'm thinking of getting some...

well, first the screws in the set are to short and need to be replaced. I would say kind of useless, probably only to be used for speed runs not to flip using oversized motor )

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for putting the atomic stuff on your ride. I was tempted but was afraid it wouldn’t match. You’ve confirmed my fear. Traxxas makes green, and black aluminum shock caps as well that would look better. I’ll be getting the PL body shortly and will beat on it hard to see if it’s worth the price. Let me know how the steering rods hold up in a crash. Wonder if the HR would be better. Glad to see you can’t leave your ride alone.
    Your welcome ) I agree Traxxas shock caps would been right choice. The rods feel much better then stock, also will get Integy rods later. I look forward to hear your opinion on PL body later, it looks very nice and well made.
    Last edited by VIX; 09-20-2018 at 01:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Few better pics Incase anyone consider buying Atomik parts in green.. even if they don’t match, looks better in alu the plastic, I probably replace them with Traxxas.

Body is under construction... will cover holes with carbon plates to let air out

More mods coming )

Last edited by VIX; 09-20-2018 at 02:32 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Body ordered. Iíll be very particular about decals, since you canít paint it

RC Qualifier
    Body ordered. I’ll be very particular about decals, since you can’t paint it
    +1, also ordered PL body.. + took your advice, ordered Traxxas shock caps etc in green, will replace Atomic.

Did little makeup with Liquid chrome pencil, over shock caps ) only painted once, twice is better and washing has not been a problem so far.., need 1mm pencil to finish edges (ordered) and the Max5 fan, love these pencils

not ready yet and dark pics:

Hopefully all Integy parts coming this week and can test it
    Last edited by VIX; 09-23-2018 at 09:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    All parts didnít arrive yet, changed the shock caps to Traxxas... will decide if I use the Integy steering arms or keep the green when the suspension set etc comes, itís stuck in custom...

RC Qualifier
    Installed Integy parts, Silver looks amazing! Very high quality! Only issue was the brake disc, tried to modify them to fit, nope! I will need longer stub axles, missing few millimeters!

Few pics:

Last edited by VIX; 09-28-2018 at 12:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Few more, Integy arms has two settings, feels little higher

RC Qualifier
    Fixing all bearings and grease before I will test the car... not sure what grease to use here, marine grease or anyone have better option?

Ordered these to try and new cover, can’t find green cover that match Traxxas alu.

New cover:

Last edited by VIX; 09-30-2018 at 01:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Car is done and ready to roll out ) received Proline brute armor body today, very cool! Will modify it little for more air cooling) Only all stickers must be cut out! All diffs greased and bearings, around the the housing cover to prevent water... I hope ) The axel boots, only used zip tie and super glue under the ends, perfect! Only clean them with alcohol first. Im totally sold on Kraken Vekta.5 LSE brushless, my next car with mgm and Lehner 3080! I regret i didn't use Lehner 3060 in Xmaxx with air cooling instead of TP5860. I saw resellers stop selling them, shaft issues and only warranty in China, not cool! Maybe the steel not hard enough to keep the pinion from backing off... I will test again ) before installing belt drive )

Few pics:

Last edited by VIX; 10-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    These stickers, canít stop)) sun roof missing...

Done.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast