RC poster

Engine wonít idle at all

Hey guys, I just rebuilt my trx 3.3 engine for my nitro slash. The only problem I have right now is that my engine just wonít idle at all. I can only start it with at least mid throttle and itíll go but as soon as I let off the gas it stalls. Iíve tried messing with the idle screw and the low speed needle but nothing seems to be working. Thanks for the help.

Pull the header off the back of the engine. Look through the port and manually rotate the engine and watch the piston move up and down. If you can see the rod when the piston is up the piston is backwards. Make sure the cut-out is facing the carb. Did you mess up the engine? Probably not. Just reassemble correctly, set to factory settings and break it in.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Pull the header off the back of the engine. Look through the port and manually rotate the engine and watch the piston move up and down. If you can see the rod when the piston is up the piston is backwards. Make sure the cut-out is facing the carb. Did you mess up the engine? Probably not. Just reassemble correctly, set to factory settings and break it in.
    Hold up, you say that the cutout is supposed to face the carb. I thought the cutout was supposed to go on the exhaust side?? Sorry itís been a while but I just started to try to fix it again as I gave up last time.

RC poster
    Actually, I rebuilt it and everything is in place as it should be. Now it won’t even start. I’m just going to go ahead and order a new engine as I’ve put a decent amount of miles on this engine. Does this look like a reliable/correct engine? https://www.ebay.com/p/Traxxas-T-max...d=391869405061

Yep .
    The Super Derecho