Thread: E-Slayer

RC Qualifier

E-Slayer

I recently have been upgrading my electric converted Slayer I built about 3 years ago. I used the Techno kit with a Mamba Monster 2/2650 kv motor. I somehow reused the clutch bell but recently decided to get rid of it and moved the motor forward to line up a pinion with the spur gear. I have a 17t and 18t pinion but I was thinking of putting some 2.8" Badlands on it. Considering the larger diameter tires I was thinking of going with an 11t pinion. I mostly plan on running on an indoor track in the Rockford Il area so I'm not looking for speed. What would some of you recommend?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Verify with your track they allow Badlands. These tires are known for destroying dirt trscks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    Verify with your track they allow Badlands. These tires are known for destroying dirt trscks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I won't be running my Slayer there, indoor, electric only. I could run my E Slayer with sct tires but I have to see if it is within R.O.A.R. specs. Otherwise break out the Slashes!!! I have a 2wd with the protrac kit I'm hoping isn't too wide. Gotta measure it after I convert their metric measurements. I'm hoping they let me run the "illegals" during open practice.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I recently have been upgrading my electric converted Slayer I built about 3 years ago. I used the Techno kit with a Mamba Monster 2/2650 kv motor. I somehow reused the clutch bell but recently decided to get rid of it and moved the motor forward to line up a pinion with the spur gear. I have a 17t and 18t pinion but I was thinking of putting some 2.8" Badlands on it. Considering the larger diameter tires I was thinking of going with an 11t pinion. I mostly plan on running on an indoor track in the Rockford Il area so I'm not looking for speed. What would some of you recommend?

Hi bud would you mind showing how you converted your slayer to electric? I just got one free but minus engine and it's all seized up after a dip in the north sea.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959landy View Post
    Hi bud would you mind showing how you converted your slayer to electric? I just got one free but minus engine and it's all seized up after a dip in the north sea.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I purchased all the parts off ebay. Some of the parts are getting hard to find. There are a couple companies that make the motor mount to reuse the existing motor mount and I believe it's a Techno part for the battery tray. I'll look at it and find out for sure.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The other option is to buy an E-Revo chassis and transmission and swap everything else over.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Integy makes a electric kit for the slayer. It's under revo slayer section