RC poster

Two wheel/ steering problems

Hey I bought a slayer pro about 3 weeks ago and has been a blast for my first nitro first hobby grade rc. Only problem, I guess is that I brake something or something goes out of wack every other run. I guess that comes with the territory. Anyways the first thing to break was the steering servo, weíll technically the second. I replaced it with protek t100 and its very responsive but sometimes the wheels will just turn one way or another if I come to a stop. The steering was wanting to turn slightly left, the trim was set straight. I turn the wheels straight then removed the steering linkage, reset the trim then put it back together. That helped a little but I will have to adjust the linkage longer than the recommended length thatís in the manual.

Last night I installed center differential, rear brake, heavy clutch, front vented disc. So this morning I was finally able to get the slipper clutch adjusted right. Last night the rear drive shaft fell out of the sleeve and I just pushed it back in.

This morning I notice all the wheels are wobbling badly and more so at high speeds.

RC poster
    I haven’t figured this out entirely but the tsm might be the cause for all.

RC Racer
    Mine did the same once I upgraded the steering servo. Dial down the tsm and see if it gets better. For some reason the Traxxas electronics donít like Servoís with better resolution. Hence the reason I upgraded my radio. No more funky issues now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    What radio upgrade would you recommend?

RC Racer
    Thatís really personal preference. Kind of asking which car should you buy for driving to work. Iím a big Futaba fan myself, but heard a lot of good things about Fly Sky and Spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ok it still acts up with the tsm failed down to zero. Also the wheels turn left when I pull the throttle when truck is sitting still.

Open the receiver box and switch the throttle to Ch1 and steering to Ch2 and see if the problem follows the servo or the channel.
    Then with one servo plugged in, check it in both Ch1 then Ch2. Do the same for the other.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Open the receiver box and switch the throttle to Ch1 and steering to Ch2 and see if the problem follows the servo or the channel.
    Then with one servo plugged in, check it in both Ch1 then Ch2. Do the same for the other.
    I’ll do that tonight. I believe I did something similar already. I jump the gun and purchased a voltage stablizer. Ptk2950

RC poster
    I have had no solution yet except maybe switch back to stock servo, run no tsm, or upgrade the power supply.

RC Competitor
    Upgrading the radio and the steering servo will work wonders. Upgrading the battery to a 1600mah is also recommended. My Slayer still has issues but this is just a part of the hobby. All of my electronics have been upgraded and most of the original issues with the truck have gone away.