Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lhs's

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Yup...

I REALLY try to support my LHS, but there times when it is sooooo much easier to just order on line. I have had the Proline '46 Dodge body for my TRX4 on order for weeks. I checked on it last Sunday and the owner said that it would be in Thursday's shipment, guaranteed. Well, he was right, it was in yesterday's shipment, and he personally put my name on it. I stopped by this evening to pick it up and one of his employees had sold it to someone else this morning.
    O man, that is soooooo crappy!!!!!!! Is he goina make it good with u since one of his employees sold it out from under u? That just wasnt rite, id be so ticked!!!!! Hope he makes it good. He should throw in a little extra for the hassle...

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

RC poster

Thumbs up Please support your lhs and race track

I ALWAYS! support my local hobby store Pete Russell's Hobbies in Elkhart IN. Whenever I visit the store I always meet other RC'ers who are more than happy to pass along what they have learned. I just started racing and the things I have learned from other racers helped me to my first win (2WD Slash LCG). Try getting that knowledge from an online store?

The owner will always match online prices and will have your order within a few day. I just ordered my UDT from Pete's. I will leave it at the store for a couple of weeks to help him sell other RC'S. I did that with my Losi 5T, DBXL, X Maxx, TRX 4, Ford GT and Slayer. PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR lhs AND RACE TRACK

Quote Originally Posted by Siloman698 View Post
    I ALWAYS! support my local hobby store Pete Russell's Hobbies in Elkhart IN. Whenever I visit the store I always meet other RC'ers who are more than happy to pass along what they have learned. I just started racing and the things I have learned from other racers helped me to my first win (2WD Slash LCG). Try getting that knowledge from an online store?

The owner will always match online prices and will have your order within a few day. I just ordered my UDT from Pete's. I will leave it at the store for a couple of weeks to help him sell other RC'S. I did that with my Losi 5T, DBXL, X Maxx, TRX 4, Ford GT and Slayer. PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR lhs AND RACE TRACK
    Im from indiana as well, but i live in alabama now. We dont have a lhs local here. Closest one ive found, n i dont know how many parts/trucks they have, is bout hour to hour n half away (in the wrong direction) lol. Really wish we had one around here, but i have to order all parts online. Always lookin for a place to go bash do to know tracks around here either. But i do try to convince others to get into the hobby lol. If i could get more interested, maybe we could get a lhs close by...

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Yup...

I REALLY try to support my LHS, but there times when it is sooooo much easier to just order on line. I have had the Proline '46 Dodge body for my TRX4 on order for weeks. I checked on it last Sunday and the owner said that it would be in Thursday's shipment, guaranteed. Well, he was right, it was in yesterday's shipment, and he personally put my name on it. I stopped by this evening to pick it up and one of his employees had sold it to someone else this morning.
    Oh this would really make me mad. I wonder if it was a honest mistake, you know a newbie or something. Still not excusable though. I personally spend enough money in my lhs when I order something they know it's for me. I understand mistakes happen but to put yourself in your own shoes it would just really make me mad when I part disappears regardless.

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-05-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Oh this would really make me mad. I wonder if it was a honest mistake, you know a newbie or something.
    Nailed it...

I have been chatting with the guy who bought the body, seems like it was their newest hire that was responsible for the screw up. That is the part that I am REALLY trying not to get annoyed about and what I find 100% unacceptable. If they want people to shop locally, they cannot make those kinds of mistakes, doubly so when the customer has been waiting weeks and is coming in every couple of days asking about it.

Plus, its not like they don't know me, and I am not one of those customers that comes in, asks questions, and doesn't buy anything. I spend a healthy amount of my OT there, I am fairly certain I have spent enough there to put at least one of owner's kids through college.

I think the guy who bought the body is 100% correct about the new guy not checking the special order list (still trying to figure out why he took my name off of it), but I do not accept the "new guy" excuse. The other employees there should have made sure he knew what he was doing, that is their failure. At my job, if the new guy screws up a project, my bosses and customers do not care that it was the new guy that screwed it up. Of course there is a BIG difference between a multi-million dollar Navy R&D project and a $50 plastic body for a RC toy, but the sentiment is the same.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-05-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: modified quote
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Definitely,

As much as possible. I have become a known face in my lhs that they do not charge me what it would cost them on shipping etc. One of my local lhs has even given me free T Shirts for advertisement when I go race ....

There are just a few little things when the prices may just be unbeatable that I may actually consider online.
    Live life to the fullest

FINALLY!!!

My LHS got the body for my TRX4 in! After selling the first one out from under me, and it not being in their last two supplier shipments this was their last chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12