Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

What's happening with the E-Revo?

Why has the E-Revo brushless edition been out of stock for a while? Is something happening, will it be discontinued or, if you believe my lhs, is it being completely re-designed? Any one have any thoughts or heard anything?
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

What's happening with the E-Revo?

One can speculate, but until a change is imminent, Traxxas doesn’t say and nobody else truly knows.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

I know, the suspense is killing me! Can I ask this, if they do put out a new one will you buy it or stick with the ones we have?

RC Competitor
    Hobbytown sold out of them early last week, but they are showing they will be back in stock 1-22-18. I imagine just christmas rush to buy them, but I don't know how long they've been sold out here. If it is a redesign I won't be upgrading as I just bought mine two weeks ago to get back in the hobby after a 10 year hiatus.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    ...I imagine just christmas rush to buy them...
    I think it might be due to this as well.
    There are multiple models that are currently sold out on the Traxxas website:
    - E-revo (brushed & brushless version)
    - Summit
    - Stampede 4x4 (brushed & VXL version)
    - Rustler VXL
    - Stampede VXL
    - Slash 4x4

So, it looks that most/all of the most popular models are currently out of stock. (Traxxas must be maken a lot of $$$$ this time of the year )
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

RC Enthusiast
    I was wondering that as well, what is happening!? The only thing i have thought about is that it must have been a production issue, or they have discontinued it, The Brushless has been out a while now, they can't just been out of stock that long, or am i wrong here?
    New member here btw. Was about time i got in to the forums, planing on getting the e-revo in the summer, hopefully it wil be in stock then

They may be coming out with a new one and manufacturing has gone way up i'm telling you - x-revo
    MERV, Rustler VXL, X-Maxx
    @kbedrich - Thingiverse

RC Competitor
    In on this. I ordered ERBE from jegs last week, originally said it would ship 1/22/18, got an email yesterday saying they didn't know when it would be back in stock. Summit says it ships 1/25/18. Jegs was really the only place that was talking orders, which is why I picked them. I'm probably going to cancel my order and see what's coming up. My batteries and charger have already shipped though...

Quote Originally Posted by MindBlown View Post
    They may be coming out with a new one and manufacturing has gone way up i'm telling you - x-revo
    This! My hobby shop guy says the Traxxas rep was asking questions about ERBE owners and was very tight lipped about why. The rumor has officially started now

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...3620-1-5-scale

hum.... check the date of this thread. how many years??

They will keep making the Revo.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    This! My hobby shop guy says the Traxxas rep was asking questions about ERBE owners and was very tight lipped about why. The rumor has officially started now
    X-Revo would be great, but this still doesn't answer the question about the 1/10th ERBE. They have to keep making it. It is a very popular model. I just dont see why Traxxas is out of stock on almost all their brushless popular 1/10th models. I mean I get the Christmas rush, but this isn't the first time they had to deal with a Christmas. Being out of stock for almost a month is ridiculous, unless they are changing a major component like the motor or something. Maybe the motors or esc's were backordered from their suppliers. Who knows, but you can't find any of the 1/10th 4x4 BE in stock anywhere...

RC Competitor
    Go to Hobbytown USA's website and you will see many of the popular Traxxas models are on back order. Most seem to be the brushless units, some included - 1/10 ERBE, 1/16 EREB, Brushless E-Maxx, Brushless Rustler, etc. Not sure what's going on, but glad I ordered my 1/10 ERBE when I did because I literally snagged one of the last ones they had in stock. Ordered mine on a Friday night with 2 colors available, by Monday morning both were sold out.

My guess is a manufacturing hiccup somewhere or possibly a new brushless power plant or some other component. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to say, total revamp of platform. Now the question is what would you do? Keep the old one or buy a new one?

RC Champion
    Honestly, there is nothing to revamp on a basher RC. They will keep making it as long as there is demand for it.

Although, they could perhaps make the next Revo race worthy, and being a true 1/8th truggy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I hope they keep making the same one. My batteries arrived yesterday and I have no RC to try them out.

There is a few in stock in stores at Hobbytown, just none near me. I am going to call and see if the store will ship. We shall see.

or they could be trying to figure out the actual scale of the rigs
    because summit is NOT 1/10
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Competitor
    I just called my local hobby shop and asked them if they knew what was going on. He told me to be patient and that if I was wanting a new ERBE to wait a little while longer and not buy any of the ones out there for sale. He did say that the current model was officially discontinued by Traxxas and a new model was coming. He said the ERBE and the E-max were both being upgraded with steel drive shafts and more sturdy parts like the X-max, but he thought the chassis, esc, and motor would all be the same as the original (1/10th), but that a larger X-max size might also be coming. He was hesitant to say anything specific but I kept prying.

Most websites show the ERBE expected stock by 1/22/18 and the E-max by 3/1/18, so maybe they are manufacturing the ERBE first, then the E-max. I just hope the 1/22/18 date is for a new model and not an error.

RC Enthusiast
    The truck is a scale of a real monster truck! Not from a regular car, like other models. Thats why it's bigger.

RC Competitor
    From my hobby store, the people there said the E-Revo was a "concept," and it was being phased out to be replaced by other trucks like the X-Maxx. In my view, this is really hard to understand, since i thought the ERBE probably sold really well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by feverdog11 View Post
    From my hobby store, the people there said the E-Revo was a "concept," and it was being phased out to be replaced by other trucks like the X-Maxx. In my view, this is really hard to understand, since i thought the ERBE probably sold really well.
    Lol concept!! It's been for sale for nearly a decade.

I highly doubt hobby shops have any kind of inside knowledge of new kits. They will find out when the rest of us find out.

My guess is that there is/was a shortage in the supply chain somewhere and they will be back in stock (unchanged) soon. I think an additional kit (X-Revo) is far more likely than an undated E-Revo. The X-Maxx has been a hit and they still sell E-Maxx. Why not give the same treatment to the Revo line??

I also think the Revo is here to stay, in what capacity is the question. For all my opinion is worth (.03 cents, inflation after all) I believe the current Revo will be replaced with version 2.0, which hopefully will address some of the issues we all deal with currently on the Revo. I absolutely love my ERBE, I can't believe I would ever get rid of her but it would be nice to see a beefier rendition of this magical piece of machine some call toys. Though I don't think I would buy it, if a conversion kit came out that might be a different story.

Thanks for sharing! What exactly would you do? Keep the old one or buy a new one? Any ideas?

RC Competitor
    Keep my old one since I just bought it. If there were some conversions available I might look into it.

Part of me wonders if there won't be new body graphics like they did to the rustler and bandit. I could see a new 2.0 version coming, but why wait and release it a month after Christmas instead of mid November? I would think you could push a whole lot more units during the holiday season. Anyway my .03 cents still leans to my initial thought that there was a disruption in the supply chain. Maybe we'll all know something a week from Monday.

RC Racer
    I’ll keep mine no matter what. I spent a lot of time and money (and tears lol) to get it running the way it does now. If they made a bigger badder version I would definitely consider getting one.

RC Qualifier
    I will keep my Erbe.The 6s back flips are impressive. If a 2.0 version comes out I would have to get one. Don't tell my wife.....

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    If a 2.0 version comes out I would have to get one. Don't tell my wife.....
    Ha, if you paint it the same way as the first they would never find out.

RC Qualifier
    Ha, if you paint it the same way as the first they would never find out.
    I like your thinking. Bring it out Traxxas, It Will sell...

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, How long has the price been on $569.99?

RC Qualifier
    seems to be new Erevo and a whole new truck coming soon
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPHE_MpH9W0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FnFancy for the win!

RC Racer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maxx 8S

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    seems to be new Erevo and a whole new truck coming soon
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPHE_MpH9W0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I wonder if this should be posted in the Alley forum.

Wow that’s pretty cool. HOWEVER... I wouldn’t take this literally as you can’t believe everything you hear in a YouTube video. Take it with a grain of salt. Still would be pretty cool if all of that is real tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Enthusiast
    from Rc Car Action:

Bryan Burrows of Hobby Hut Fargo has got more rumors about those two vehicles.

''Forgot to mention, the 1/7th scale vehicle has a solid rear axel 4-link suspension design, and a scaled look with a detailed interior. Also i was told the new E-revo will have a new ESC with telementry built in it, and will also be available as a roller version so that you can bolt everything on from your old E-revo brushless edition. Heard this from Stephen at Traxxas.''
    Last edited by Empeboy; 01-19-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Okay, I'm starting to get excited! I kinda feel like a kid waiting to open presents on Christmas. Hope this happens

RC Enthusiast
    Okay, I'm starting to get excited! I kinda feel like a kid waiting to open presents on Christmas. Hope this happens
    Yeah same here! I'm planing to travle to US in about 6 months, and i am going to buy an e-revo once i'm there (almost half the price in the US than in Sweden) So if the rumors are true, i'll hope that the new e-revo will be available when im there.

Let me just put any doubt to rest, it's a real deal guys; the E-Revo 2.0 is happening. The offical press release with all the new specs should be out by the end of the month.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Let me just put any doubt to rest, it's a real deal guys; the E-Revo 2.0 is happening. The offical press release with all the new specs should be out by the end of the month.
    A new E-Revo is awesome, but I'm way more interested in the solid rear axle trophy truck. Will that info be released at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    A new E-Revo is awesome, but I'm way more interested in the solid rear axle trophy truck. Will that info be released at the same time?
    The info on the UDR will be released early next week with all the pictures and specs on it.

EDIT: UDR stands for Ultimate Desert Racer, and that's what it's going to be called.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-19-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    The info on the UDR will be released early next week with all the pictures and specs on it.
    OMG I can't wait!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast