Thread: Wheel nuts?

Wheel nuts?

This new revo is my first. Did the first generation erevo have a similar style wheel. I noticed when I tried to put the Talon EXT's on a different vehicle that I was having trouble getting the wheel nut started. Upon inspection I noticed that around the hole where the axle comes through the wheel, there are these little pins. Then I noticed there are little recesses in the back of the wheel nut. Never seen that before. Is this something new?

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    This new revo is my first. Did the first generation erevo have a similar style wheel. I noticed when I tried to put the Talon EXT's on a different vehicle that I was having trouble getting the wheel nut started. Upon inspection I noticed that around the hole where the axle comes through the wheel, there are these little pins. Then I noticed there are little recesses in the back of the wheel nut. Never seen that before. Is this something new?
    From what ive experienced and think your asking, all Trx wheel nuts are splined and supposed to use the Trx wheel nut wrench on them. But I have mip adapters as well and wanted to bring one 17mm wheel nut wrench with me when I run so I used exacto knife and cut those out of the Trx wheel nut wrench like pictured. A picture would help if my answer doesnt address what your asking.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

I'm an idiot. I looked at it closely today when I got home. It's strictly for aesthetic purposes. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I'm an idiot. I looked at it closely today when I got home. It's strictly for aesthetic purposes. Sorry.
    Its all good, no one is an idiot, we are just at different levels of knowledge. Your a bit more knowledgeable now than before, which means your smarter, not an idiot!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...