Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know if the new Revo is still using the old chassis. I just happen to have one. I was going to build a stronger one myself but it seems Traxxas did the work for me if the parts will fit. This will be very interesting ( Read $$$$$ ) .

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    they seemed to use a thicker plastic chassis in pictures but i cant tell if its a new design or not im guess it will be the same shape but thats just a guess, waiting for more information to clear all those details up.
    Last edited by Schs2013; 02-01-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: ediit spelling
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

RC Enthusiast
    Any word on if they increased the size of the battery compartment ?

RC Racer
    no info on that yet.
    -Marc Gill

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
    no info on that yet.
    Thanks Man

RC Enthusiast
    What do you guys think of the new color of the E-revo 2.0, compared to the old one? I think the old one has more stealth look and the new one is more of a toy color. Hard to accept.
    Last edited by Empeboy; 02-02-2018 at 03:03 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Empeboy View Post
    What do you guys think of the new color of the E-revo 2.0, compared to the old one? I think the old one has more stealth look and the new one is more of a toy color. Hard to accept.
    Well the e-revo has always had 4 color choices so there's probably more to be seen as far as choices go.

RC Racer
    looks like something ill be able to see when driving! not bad but not great. better than no body
    -Marc Gill

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
    looks like something ill be able to see when driving! not bad but not great. better than no body
    If this is the only body color scheme offered which i doubt it is i will stick with one of the old school body and color schemes for this one which has a mean yet classy look to it.
    Last edited by ETERNIA FOREVER; 02-02-2018 at 03:16 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I think the new color scheme is absolutely horrible, like they gave a 4 year old some mostly empty bottles of paint and told him to go crazy. Although that didnt stop me from pre-ordering one with my LHS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Also, this "clipless" body mount, how will that handle in hard driving and bashing? Anyone have a car with that?

Also, this "clipless" body mount, how will that handle in hard driving and bashing? Anyone have a car with that?
    The X-Maxx has been using this tech since late 2015, it works really well.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC poster
    looks like battery compartment is same size?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Zetec View Post
    looks like battery compartment is same size?
    Dont know, i just saw something about the ESC. Looks like it has the same ESC as the X-Maxx, witch means maybe it will run up to 8S!? And if so, maybe the battery compartment can be bigger. Just look at this picture!

RC Racer
    The new graphics and colors is what I personally like the best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Anyone notice the axles? They look to be solid steel like the lst2 cvds.
    I have an RC problem...

Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    Anyone notice the axles? They look to be solid steel like the lst2 cvds.
    According to Big Squid RC:

E-Revo 2.0. The last E-Revo was absolutely a legend for its bashing capabilities, the new version is beefed up to the hilt. Here is some of what we know-

* Old bodies will still fit
    * All new design
    * Self righting
    * Body now attaches like the X-Maxx, no body clips
    * Reinforced chassis
    * X-Maxx sized diffs
    * Mod 1 transmission
    * New shocks, tougher a-arms
    * X-Maxx sized steel CVD driveshafts
    * Redesigned ESC
    * Starts shipping in March
    * Estimated pricing of $589.99

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-new-trax...burg-toy-fair/
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    According to Big Squid RC:

E-Revo 2.0. The last E-Revo was absolutely a legend for its bashing capabilities, the new version is beefed up to the hilt. Here is some of what we know-

* Old bodies will still fit
    * All new design
    * Self righting
    * Body now attaches like the X-Maxx, no body clips
    * Reinforced chassis
    * X-Maxx sized diffs
    * Mod 1 transmission
    * New shocks, tougher a-arms
    * X-Maxx sized steel CVD driveshafts
    * Redesigned ESC
    * Starts shipping in March
    * Estimated pricing of $589.99

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-new-trax...burg-toy-fair/
    $589 isn't too bad... I might just get one of these... they used to sell the old e-revo for well over $600 and the prices since then have come a long way down..
    MERV, Rustler VXL, X-Maxx
    @kbedrich - Thingiverse

RC Enthusiast
    Now we got a video of the E-revo!
    But its in German... any Germans here in this forum that can help us translate some key features from the video?
    Last edited by Empeboy; 02-03-2018 at 04:08 AM.

RC Racer
    Now we got a video of the E-revo!
    But its in German... any Germans here in this forum that can help us translate some key features from the video?
    First they're joking about how only the front bumper and rear wing are the same as the old Revo and everything between is new and revised.
    Then a lot of joking about how this thing is meant for big air, over houses, heck even skyscrapers, but since it weighs more than 250gr (1/2lb) it has to be registered as a drone, and how the rear wing would be a good place for the drone registration decal. LOL.
    Then they get a bit more serious.

-Body mounts are X-Maxx-style and has plastic bumpers on the roof which are connected to the rollcage inside the body to protect better against roof landings/crashes.
    -Motor mount is beefed up and almost twice as thick as the old one (5-7MM).
    -Motor mount also has designated holes/presets for ease of adjustments when switching spurs and/or pinion gear.
    -Chassis looks to be made out of the same material as the old one, but has revised battery doors so they don't pop open quite as easy as they did before after a hard landing.
    -The new shock mounts are not for esthetics, but serve the purpose of transmitting impact energy when hitting a curb or when landing on the nose after big air toward the center of the chassis, toward the beefed up motor mount and transmission.
    -Transmission appears to be direct drive.
    -Drive shafts are massive, so are the bearings on the axle carriers to ensure longevity.
    -Rear body mount with rear chassis brace appears to be flex free and help to beefen up /mitigate chassis flex.
    -A-Arms appear to be much thicker, and made out of the same fiber infused(?) plastic as the X-Maxx.
    -Skid pates are all connected to the chassis, rather than the bulk heads, again to mitigate chassis flex.

All in all I would say pretty much everything we realized was wrong with the EREVO over the years was fixed.
    Only thing they didn't like was the drive cups of the shafts, as it allows dirt to wear down the dogbone, which I think should be an easy fix.

BTW, German is my first language. ;-)
    Last edited by dronenewbie; 02-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.

I cannot wait to buy the new one,
    I have been out of the forumn for a while but I cannot get enough of my traxxas vehicles.
    Definitely a lot of improvement from the old version, hopefully we will still have some tweakering, for those who love that part of the hobby, all the hype, the tweaks and everyones imputs on their own.....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Beside the vxl system it looks good. Will there be a roller version to buy?
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

Who’s the 1st to put 58 series cans in one, lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MindBlown View Post
    $589 isn't too bad... I might just get one of these... they used to sell the old e-revo for well over $600 and the prices since then have come a long way down..
    Well pricing in US is far cheaper than in Sweden. The old E-revo BL is around $880 now.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    First they're joking about how only the front bumper and rear wing are the same as the old Revo and everything between is new and revised.
    Then a lot of joking about how this thing is meant for big air, over houses, heck even skyscrapers, but since it weighs more than 250gr (1/2lb) it has to be registered as a drone, and how the rear wing would be a good place for the drone registration decal. LOL.
    Then they get a bit more serious.

-Body mounts are X-Maxx-style and has plastic bumpers on the roof which are connected to the rollcage inside the body to protect better against roof landings/crashes.
    -Motor mount is beefed up and almost twice as thick as the old one (5-7MM).
    -Motor mount also has designated holes/presets for ease of adjustments when switching spurs and/or pinion gear.
    -Chassis looks to be made out of the same material as the old one, but has revised battery doors so they don't pop open quite as easy as they did before after a hard landing.
    -The new shock mounts are not for esthetics, but serve the purpose of transmitting impact energy when hitting a curb or when landing on the nose after big air toward the center of the chassis, toward the beefed up motor mount and transmission.
    -Transmission appears to be direct drive.
    -Drive shafts are massive, so are the bearings on the axle carriers to ensure longevity.
    -Rear body mount with rear chassis brace appears to be flex free and help to beefen up /mitigate chassis flex.
    -A-Arms appear to be much thicker, and made out of the same fiber infused(?) plastic as the X-Maxx.
    -Skid pates are all connected to the chassis, rather than the bulk heads, again to mitigate chassis flex.

All in all I would say pretty much everything we realized was wrong with the EREVO over the years was fixed.
    Only thing they didn't like was the drive cups of the shafts, as it allows dirt to wear down the dogbone, which I think should be an easy fix.

BTW, German is my first language. ;-)
    Thank you for that excellent translation! Kudos to you my friend!

RC Racer
    Thank you for that excellent translation! Kudos to you my friend!
    Youíre very welcome! Iím really torn between a 5th scale and the new ERevo now....

Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Youíre very welcome! Iím really torn between a 5th scale and the new ERevo now....

E-Revo! Is it really a choice
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Dont know, i just saw something about the ESC. Looks like it has the same ESC as the X-Maxx, witch means maybe it will run up to 8S!? And if so, maybe the battery compartment can be bigger. Just look at this picture!
    6S Max. It will use the X-Maxx ESC, but a revised 6S version

Chassis is also thicker, also the plastic itself is also stronger, or so I heard.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

Since when had software ever stopped us? I give it 2 days before some brilliant mind here figures out how to jail break the ESC and unlock 8s capabilities for the ERBE. After that the only obstacle is batteries that will fit. I'll leave all that tech stuff to the more qualified though, I'll just start a fire if I tried.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    With the upgrades they did to the E-Revo, I bet it would handle 8S, using say...an X-Maxx 8S Motor/ESC.

From what I heard by other people who were at that convention, the Battery Trays are revised internal and external (battery door). No idea if they made them bigger tho.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC poster
    Now to see if the word is true that it'll be sold as a roller.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall243 View Post
    Now to see if the word is true that it'll be sold as a roller.
    Why are people looking for the roller version? Will it be a better one? I don't get it.

RC Competitor
    Why are people looking for the roller version? Will it be a better one? I don't get it.
    With a roller you can just swap your electronics and go or put in your own aftermarket motor and ESC without having to buy a complete truck. Something I will probably consider in a year since I just bought one of the last old school Revo in December.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    With a roller you can just swap your electronics and go or put in your own aftermarket motor and ESC without having to buy a complete truck. Something I will probably consider in a year since I just bought one of the last old school Revo in December.
    Ah ok, thanks!

RC Competitor
    Man the new Revo is what we wanted, I'll be getting one as soon as they are available. Wonder how the self righting will work with the wing tho.

RC Competitor
    I wonder when we will see the official Traxxas release. I want to know specifics as soon as possible. They had the UDR up on the website the day it was announced.

RC Competitor

Model # 86086-4

Looks legit, but not confirmed.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjriddle22 View Post

Model # 86086-4

Looks legit, but not confirmed.
    Ah different body colors wonder if there will be four this time around to ..

RC Enthusiast
    Hmm... Looks pretty legit. I'll hope Traxxas can update their site soon! Can't handle this kinda sneak peeks anymore!

RC Racer
    Hmm... Looks pretty legit. I'll hope Traxxas can update their site soon! Can't handle this kinda sneak peeks anymore!
    same here, been waiting on trx4 bronco but its only been sneak peeks and no detail. and erevo/summit
    -Marc Gill

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast