Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    It looks like the New E-Revo is live for dealer orders, but it's not offical yet; that means we're really close.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Empeboy View Post
    Dont know, i just saw something about the ESC. Looks like it has the same ESC as the X-Maxx, witch means maybe it will run up to 8S!? And if so, maybe the battery compartment can be bigger. Just look at this picture!
    the esc is NOT the same as the vxl-8s. This esc is BASED OFF OF the vxl 8s, as it a 6s esc. this stock esc is a 2nd gen vxl6s (please let me know if this is confusing)
    Last edited by X-Maxx; 02-05-2018 at 06:33 PM. Reason: miss spelled words
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Competitor
    Found these in the Facebook comments where Traxxas was teasing the new ERevo.
    Last edited by Cjriddle22; 02-05-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Delete signature

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjriddle22 View Post
    Found these in the Facebook comments where Traxxas was teasing the new ERevo.
    Awesome! Can't wait to get mine in August!

RC Qualifier
    nice find. sadly the third and most interesting page is somewhat not readable under the pictures.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Champion
    It looks like the bulkheads have been made to be one piece and no longer has a separate diff cases that slips into the bulk head. Interesting.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    It looks like the bulkheads have been made to be one piece and no longer has a separate diff cases that slips into the bulk head. Interesting.
    Looks like you can change the diff without removing the bulk. I like this design much better

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I like what I just saw. High hopes for summit as well. If it's close to what the pictures show. Might even add a erevo as basher now. Got some unused MX38'S Badlands collecting dust.
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

I hope the new bulks fit the old revo. I really can’t see myself selling my old one or have 2 revos. I’d rather just add some new parts to my current one.

RC Enthusiast
    I'll really hope we'll see an official release of the new beast by the end of this week.

It says vxl 8s ESC! Typo?
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Champion
    I see it says late feb. but no preorder yet.. wonder why i want one..
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    It says vxl 8s ESC! Typo?
    I only see where it says 6s? I'm pretty sure it maxes out at 6s.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    I see it says late feb. but no preorder yet.. wonder why i want one..
    My lhs said he will have the display model by middle of February and he has to display it for a few weeks, but he will take preorders during that time. I heard it will be available in store only at first to drive traffic to lhs's. I think it's going to be $599 at my shop.

why on earth wouldn't they mention compatability?
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    why on earth wouldn't they mention compatability?
    Exactly.. The only thing I care about right now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Exactly.. The only thing I care about right now

me too brother, me too

RC Racer
    -Marc Gill

Under included. It says vxl 8s waterproof ESC

Under included. It says vxl 8s waterproof ESC
    it's gotta be a typo...tell me a 4s that'll fit in the battery bays

RC Champion
    The bulkheads look very similar to the current one. I sure hope we can use them.

RC Racer
    6s ESC is what I'm reading
    -Marc Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    The bulkheads look very similar to the current one. I sure hope we can use them.

I just don't get why they wouldn't say anything about compatability when 90% of the sales are going to probably be past owners. I'm gonna call Traxxas tomorrow. It just seems kinda underhanded to omit it imo.

Pictures speak a thousand words my friends.

RC Racer
    I must of missed that
    -Marc Gill

I know it's a typo but come on, how freaking fun would that be! Plus it says it comes with it so we should get it, uprise with me fellow addicts

RC Competitor
    Fair enough. You were right. I'm sure someone somewhere is kicking themselves for making that mistake.

No worries, people said I was crazy when I started this thread back in December too. Heck I thought it was crazy, a long shot at best but who knows, 8s E-Revo coming soon after? Or a bad case of copy and paste from the xmaxx page....... I guess time will tell

What's happening with the E-Revo?

I just don't get why they wouldn't say anything about compatability when 90% of the sales are going to probably be past owners. I'm gonna call Traxxas tomorrow. It just seems kinda underhanded to omit it imo.
    You mean like this...?
    “DETAILS
    With just a handful of parts carrying over from the previous generation, the next generation E-Revo packs dozens of upgrades to make it the ultimate go-to vehicle for insane stunts and backyard bashing.”
    Would you like it in lights too? Lol!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-06-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    You mean like this...?
    DETAILS
    With just a handful of parts carrying over from the previous generation, the next generation E-Revo packs dozens of upgrades to make it the ultimate go-to vehicle for insane stunts and backyard bashing.”
    Would you like it in lights too?
    I think he meant the other way around, can we buy the new parts and put them in our old ERBE. By the by thank you for being a dedicated servant to our Traxxas community ksb

RC Champion
    You mean like this...?
    “DETAILS
    This don't mean nothing, the chassis could still fit the old bulks but just have more plastic in other areas, the bulks look similar, they just have a better design that makes maintenance and repairs easier, the truck could be 100% "new" and still have loads of compatible parts.

I don't believe anything marketing wanks say, their job is just to make money selling product. The garbage that is written on packages these days is foolish and that's not limited to toys but it applies to tools and home appliances etc.

Look at the packaging of some cordless drill batteries it's full of pointless and irrelevant information.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

They don't have to say anything really, things change as new products come out. Being a Jeep guy, this near exact thing happened with the new JL replacing the JK generation Jeep. Nearly nothing on the JL is shared with the JK, but it still carries the same Wrangler name. Are people worried about JL and JK parts fitting each other? Not really. Another example is like the 4-Tec and the 4-Tec 2.0. There's hardly anything shared minus little parts, it's just carrying the name over for the legacy the previous gen created. This isn't much different. Things will change between generations but why should Jeep, or Traxxas in this case worry about cross compatibility when that could hold back improving the designs for all the future owners..?

That being said, it would be cool if the new parts fit the old one, but it's not a big deal to me if they don't; I get it things change as things get improved and enhanced.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    They don't have to say anything really, things change as new products come out. Being a Jeep guy, this near exact thing happened with the new JL replacing the JK generation Jeep. Nearly nothing on the JL is shared with the JK, but it still carries the same Wrangler name. Are people worried about JL and JK parts fitting each other? Not really. Another example is like the 4-Tec and the 4-Tec 2.0. There's hardly anything shared minus little parts, it's just carrying the name over for the legacy the previous gen created. This isn't much different. Things will change between generations but why should Jeep, or Traxxas in this case worry about cross compatibility when that could hold back improving the designs for all the future owners..?

That being said, it would be cool if the new parts fit the old one, but it's not a big deal to me if they don't; I get it things change as things get improved and enhanced.
    I would totally agree with you if they hadn't built themselves on backward compatibility.

However, you're not wrong either. It's about creating a newer, better design. If it's a total redo, I'll be a bit salty but it'll push me to get rid of it and either get a new one or just move on.

long time no see, but i had to comment...

traxxas seems to have processed and produced what most of us do in the erevo to make it 6s capable.

- strong differentials & steel 5mm axles (similar to the losi lst mod)
    - different bulkheads (finally. lets see if they hold up)
    - stronger a-arms (well i highly doubt they will match RPM but ok nice to hear. traxxas ones are less flexible also which i like)
    - larger axle carriers and bearings!!
    - 5mm motor mount. you don't say.... freaking finally.
    - stronger stock tires (although heavier. talon were worth 2 good bashing runs)
    - stronger body on top!!!! hellll!!!

they kept the dual servo, i dont know. i have moved on to single hitec 100 euro one, freaking nice. i will still support, like i did in the past, that traxxas uses two servos for halving the stress on the servo arm and gears in general.

i think this will be a good erevo. i have done all of the above modifications including aluminum bulks and it truly is unbreakable, while using proline big joes mind you. and this one will be lighter than mine i presume!

from what i see in the video, the self-righting move would kill the old drivetrain... nice.

great product, at least in paper. tempted to buy as well....!

RC Qualifier
    but plastic center drive axles? why?
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

You mean like this...?
    “DETAILS
    Lights would be nice. hehe

The investor in me is just looking for a definitive answer whether it'll be productive to keep owning the older version if certain parts become discontinued. I have a 20 pound box in storage of nothing but e-revo parts. Probably worth well over 1K. It would be nice to know if i should try to unload them.

I love the truck, but it's only worth keeping if Traxxas keeps a steady parts supply. It's why I own 10 slash 4x4s. I know in 5 years, it'll still be around. Most companies replace platforms every few years with little regard to parts compatibility or support.

To me, this is Traxxas biggest selling point. Parts availability and versatility.

RC Qualifier
    if i see this correctly they have removed the "old" e revo from their modelshow room page.

but plastic center drive axles? why?
    i don't think the plastic center drive will pose any big problems. it may actually be kinda "last line of defence" if you do some really bad stuff and something in the driveline "has to" break. so this would be easy and cheap to replace.

overall i really like how they have modified the e revo. what i do not like that much is things like selfrightning and tsm etc all those pampering "comfort" stuff that holds you back from really improving your driving skills.
    Last edited by rhylsadar; 02-07-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Racer
    I’m gonna get the rtr, remove radio and servos, out them in my old erbe and sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast