Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Why are so many people asking about compatibility with the old Revo. When you buy a 2018 Lexus do you think the parts will fit on a 2008?

If the compatibility was there I believe Traxxas would have mentioned it already.

Has anybody posted this yet? It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I would totally agree with you if they hadn't built themselves on backward compatibility.

However, you're not wrong either. It's about creating a newer, better design. If it's a total redo, I'll be a bit salty but it'll push me to get rid of it and either get a new one or just move on.
    Honestly I don't blame you. I've got buckets of E-Revo/Summit parts, and it would be great to be able to use them. It will be hard to not end up using any of them if they don't fit the new versions.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

From what I've seen the vast majority of the new parts are not going to work on the earlier generation E-Revo. The vehicles may share a similar look, but when you get down into the structure of the parts, and how the new one is built, the differences are pretty extensive. Look at the bulkheads for example, they are completely different. New bulkheads require a new chassis, new skid plates, hold new diffs, which use different out drives and drive shafts, which are held by new axle carriers, etc. Once you change one thing the list just keeps going.

Personally I wouldn't be worried about lack of support for the first generation E-Revo. Think about the first generation E-Maxx from back in the early 2000s, you can still get parts and it's been out of production for many years. They may not be front and center on a hobby shop shelf anymore, but if you have a legacy model 3906 you can still get things like transmission gears, a replacement chassis, battery straps, etc. Unlike a lot of other companies out there Traxxas doesn't forget about a model the week after it's no longer available. We understand a lot of people have E-Revos and will need help and support for the foreseeable future.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    From what I've seen the vast majority of the new parts are not going to work on the earlier generation E-Revo. The vehicles may share a similar look, but when you get down into the structure of the parts, and how the new one is built, the differences are pretty extensive. Look at the bulkheads for example, they are completely different. New bulkheads require a new chassis, new skid plates, hold new diffs, which use different out drives and drive shafts, which are held by new axle carriers, etc. Once you change one thing the list just keeps going.

Personally I wouldn't be worried about lack of support for the first generation E-Revo. Think about the first generation E-Maxx from back in the early 2000s, you can still get parts and it's been out of production for many years. They may not be front and center on a hobby shop shelf anymore, but if you have a legacy model 3906 you can still get things like transmission gears, a replacement chassis, battery straps, etc. Unlike a lot of other companies out there Traxxas doesn't forget about a model the week after it's no longer available. We understand a lot of people have E-Revos and will need help and support for the foreseeable future.
    Thanks for the response TireSlinger; that's good to hear. I have two 3906 narrow Maxx's and I lvoe being to still get parts for them, so that's for that.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    You can tell from the slow motion video footage how stiff the new chassis is! Look at some of the old Revo slo mo vids, and you can really tell the difference. The old one flexed like crazy, especially mid air when under full throttle. Called my shop today to get mine reserved. LOL I also love how there is no fan on the Speedcontroller and how it is waterproof out of the box. Man, can't wait to take the new one to the track. On a sidenote, it appears as if the GTR shocks are the same though, and I don't like the fact that the centerline driveshafts are still made out of plastic(?!).

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    I also love how there is no fan on the Speed controller and how it is waterproof out of the box
    There is a fan underneath the cover, but if you are going to get it really wet, you can unplug the fan. And yes, the chassis is amazing!

Thank you for that. I really do appreciate the honesty. Perhaps keeping the old one isn't a bad idea.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    Thank you for that. I really do appreciate the honesty. Perhaps keeping the old one isn't a bad idea.
    You might as well: when the new one hits the stores/streets, the original’s resale price is likely to bottom out pretty fast.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    You might as well: when the new one hits the stores/streets, the original’s resale price is likely to bottom out pretty fast.
    yeah, you're right about that. There are some fb online stores already discounting $100-130 off regular price.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

I very rarely sell my vehicles, I never get out of it what I think it's truly worth and inevitably at some point in the next 6 months I find myself wishing I could run it again. That and you can never have too many trucks at the end of the day
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Qualifier
    A spec comparison between old and new E-revo:
    Old E-revo Specs
    New E-revo Specs

The new one is higher, but have lower ground clearance. Maybe because of the new diffs. They have almost the same lenght, but the new one has a longer wheelbase. And the new one is wider. Battery compartments is pretty much the same.
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

RC Qualifier
    I very rarely sell my vehicles, I never get out of it what I think it's truly worth and inevitably at some point in the next 6 months I find myself wishing I could run it again. That and you can never have too many trucks at the end of the day
    I agree %100. When I first started this Addiction, a. Forum member posted don't sell or throw out anything. You never know when you might need or want it fot something else. I also want to say I appreciate you guys ( employees/ mods) chiming in when you can. The more information the better.

RC Racer

Just one word... 4k videos and heavy metal music. That a recepy on it's own to conquer the youtube world. Now put some women in bikini driving the E-Revos... and that's it. the RC world will kneel to Traxxas now!

RC Enthusiast
    and I don't like the fact that the centerline driveshafts are still made out of plastic(?!).
    Yeah saw that on a pic too. Why not just have a steel when the rest is.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Empeboy View Post
    Yeah saw that on a pic too. Why not just have a steel when the rest is.
    The xmaxx style diff will protect the drive line, I guess they will sell those separate

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    i don't think the plastic center drive will pose any big problems. it may actually be kinda "last line of defence" if you do some really bad stuff and something in the driveline "has to" break. so this would be easy and cheap to replace.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    i don't think the plastic center drive will pose any big problems. it may actually be kinda "last line of defence" if you do some really bad stuff and something in the driveline "has to" break. so this would be easy and cheap to replace.
    True. I’m just looking for a reason to upgrade something on it, but it looks like the Traxxas engineers have pretty much covered everthing already.....
    Wait, what? No swaybars? No nitride hardcoated shock shafts? I guess I found something to “personalize” mine afterall...BTW, local shop told me they will have it in stock within 2 more weeks or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Don't forget to do an unboxing video guys! I'll have to wait some time to get mine, so all kind of videos would calm me down

It has a all steel driveline, the includes the center shaft.

RC Enthusiast
    Are you sure Killroy? Looks like plastic center driveshaft on the product page.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M R plastic.

RC Racer
    I think if they are using the plastic that is in TRX 4 drive shafts, on a larger scale it will be ok cause have you see that plastic hold up to 6s on YouTube and bashed like it was a Revo it should do just fine. But then again maybe crazy driving should be kept at 4s power if you be worries about breaking it. Last parts a joke. Or was I serious!?!?
    Seriously joking
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

RC Racer
    https://youtu.be/0q0uEntw70c
    Proof to that plastic if you haven't seen this 6S video. Yes I realised that I mentioned a crawler in the this post but to show that new plastic can hold up.
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

I have been laying low for awhile now and not sure which tread to post this in, there are several started on this topic.

I cant say I would never buy one, there are things I like and some I don't.
    Think I have read that the new bulks will not fit the old chassis. post 163 But we will have to see.
    End of the day keep what I have. Still waiting for a large scale 1/5 Revo is what I want...

JM2C

the negative
    battery compartments
    adjustment of the motor plate / fixed gear mesh = need more info, how much does it limit gear selection??
    biasing center drive / center diff
    not really a fan of metal drive shaft, I don't like the way the cups and pins wear.

not sure about
    power supply, I like my CC
    crush drive
    way the body mounts

the positive
    tires
    thicker motor plate
    bulkheads / diffs
    mod one gears in the trans - I have never really had a prob with them
    a arms
    chassis
    something of a roll cage for the body
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    adjustment of the motor plate / fixed gear mesh = need more info, how much does it limit gear selection??
    i think this might just be a small plastic part that you can remove if you don't need it.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

One more week untill the release! Are we excited yet?!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer

What's happening with the E-Revo?

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Heck yeah!!! I wasn’t even this excited when I ordered and had to wait for my “real” car.

Last edited by dronenewbie; 02-16-2018 at 11:34 AM.

RC Competitor
    So no one has an unboxing yet? I have been looking on youtube, but no dice.

No demo units out there at all? I have been calling my LHS every week asking about them. He always says next week. This week he said he should for sure have the demo next week sometime.

My LHS is getting their demo truck this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I almost have him talked into letting me take it home! They just confirmed shipment today

RC Enthusiast
    Let me know when you found an unboxing video or going to do one yourself

RC Competitor
    My LHS is getting their demo truck this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I almost have him talked into letting me take it home! They just confirmed shipment today
    Any luck getting your hands on that demo truck? Anyone see a new ERevo in the wild yet? My LHS said the same thing today, keep checking back, nothing yet. It appears hobby town is going to start shipping pre-orders 3/4/18, if you believe their website.

RC Racer
    March, so I've been told for the public.

We've been tracking it, the number is in the system but it doesn't show that it's left yet. Been sitting there since Friday.

RC Competitor
    Hobbytown now says 3/30/18. Maybe something is going on with suppliers, or they were just wrong about 3/4/18.

RC Qualifier
    Amainhobbies says the same. Amain and Hobbytown look very alike, are they the same?
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

Quote Originally Posted by ronnyen View Post
    Amainhobbies says the same. Amain and Hobbytown look very alike, are they the same?
    To answer with a quote from elsewhere:
    Not the same company, however we recently teamed up and AMain runs the online web site and marketing for HobbyTown. You can read all about it in the press releases from earlier in the year:

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2016...breaking-news/

So we run all these three web sites:

https://www.hobbytown.com/
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/
    https://www.amaincycling.com/

The last two are our company, the HobbyTown one we run under contract with HobbyTown Unlimited, Inc.

- Kendall Bennett
    CEO, AMain Performance Sports & Hobbies

RC Enthusiast
    FIRST UNBOXING VIDEO IS OUT!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Empeboy View Post
    FIRST UNBOXING VIDEO IS OUT!
    Awesome. That means at least some of them have shipped.

RC Racer
    What a boring video..... nothing we didn’t know already.....

RC Competitor
    What a boring video..... nothing we didn’t know already.....

I agree. 360p? I didn't know I could take videos with that low quality.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast