Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Yes! That works

RC poster
    It's working now, Thank you.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for taking the time to post that. Overall, it seems very strong. Were you on 6s? Do you think it can actually handle 70+Mph?

It works, just watched it.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    It's going to be one heck of a beat up un-boxing vid when your lhs gets around to it.. lol

nice video thanks.

but. it broke after 15 minutes? and the shock? wow. i ve never seen this damage before. seems like the wheel went too far in travel and pulled the plastic out of the shock. interesting, it should not travel that far in the first place.

RC poster
    I still wanna know what about the parts compatibility with older (E)Revos.
    Last edited by oVerDriver; 03-07-2018 at 05:23 AM.

RC Racer
    ESC because the mxl6s is a castle mm2 and I can get into it and make adjustments, breaking power is what I really want to tone down it's just way over the top on brakes. Motor because I have a 2000kv made by voldermort (that company we can't mention) that reals havoc on my old version Revo but I'm pretty sure this one can take it plus more gear
    Canít you turn the braking power down with the Traxxas link module that goes in the controller?

Ok, let's see if I can cover everything.
    As far as the shocks go, I had never had this problem before either. If you search around though I believe the nitro Revo guys made alot of noise about this problem. They are GTR shocks but you can see they do not look like the ones we have on our electric models. I think with a switch to my other ones it will become a dead issue. I did manage to get her up to speed in the river bed, this was later in the run and the batteries (yes two 3s Traxxas 500mah) weren't as punchy but it's definitely not going 70mph. I for one do not base my purchases off of a number claimed on the box. We all know by now that those claims are in a perfect environment with a stiff tail wind, having said that, I'm sure you speed run guys are capable of getting this truck up to some impressive speeds. Before I forget, thank you Kevin for pointing out that private setting. I would have been spinning my wheels trying to figure it out. The entire run was right around 20min, I have the first minute also but hit the wrong button on my phone thus splitting the video in two. This truck is crazy durable, notice some of the landing while doing backflips. Full throttle one wheel landings while trying to get the corrections needed to keep her upright. The first one alone would have my other diffs clicking. The front bumper actually held up to a pretty big full on impact. What I get for watching the phone screen instead of where I'm going. That same bash spot claimed a 8s X-Maxx last time we went there so it really taxes these vehicles at this spot. Did I cover everything? Let me know if you want more
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Champion
    Has anyone seen the diff yet? Is it still powdered metal?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I've pre ordered the new e revo from a local store. I hope it comes in soon. The last RC car I had was well over 10 years ago and it was the nitro revo. I'm excited to get the electric version. From what I can tell, electric brushless is faster than nitro and the power is always there without waiting for it to rev up.

Maybe you guys could answer a question for me...
    Can you run nimh batteries in the revo? I would like my son to be able to drive it but I think lipo batteries..even 2s..would be too fast for him.

it will be too powerful even with nimh.

on the castle esc i could set it to go as slowly as i wanted by limiting power. i guess the velineon will have the same feature?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've pre ordered the new e revo from a local store. I hope it comes in soon. The last RC car I had was well over 10 years ago and it was the nitro revo. I'm excited to get the electric version. From what I can tell, electric brushless is faster than nitro and the power is always there without waiting for it to rev up.

Maybe you guys could answer a question for me...
    Can you run nimh batteries in the revo? I would like my son to be able to drive it but I think lipo batteries..even 2s..would be too fast for him.
    Get your son a rustler VXL. You guys can bash together. Your not going to want to give up the controller on the Revo. Trust me.

RC poster
    I read somewhere that significantly turning down the power, while still running lipos, puts undue stress on the electronics. Any truth to that?

If not, was going to do the same thing so that my son can drive it as well.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    it will be too powerful even with nimh.

on the castle esc i could set it to go as slowly as i wanted by limiting power. i guess the velineon will have the same feature?
    The manual says only lipo's can be used with the ESC. Not sure if that is the truth or just them trying to make everyone get new batteries.

Thanks for the video. How are you driving with one hand? I never thought to try that out but about to try it out when I get home

Traxxas Employee
    You should not use NiMH with the E-Revo. They just aren't up to the task of supplying that motor with power. You have several ways to slow it down. You can put it in Training Mode for half power. If you want to go further, you can dial down the throttle with the transmitter also. Of course, using 2-cell LiPos also limits your power.

Quote Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
    Thanks for the video. How are you driving with one hand? I never thought to try that out but about to try it out when I get home
    Use your thumb to steer, hard to do if you have smaller hands I guess. Good luck, post your video so we can see how you do!

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. I was not aware it had a training more. I'm sure it will come in handy for myself as well. Can't wait for it to come in.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the reply. I was not aware it had a training more. I'm sure it will come in handy for myself as well. Can't wait for it to come in.
    I stuck a gopro on my remote and it works great! I just point the remote at the RC and drive as normal.

If I had money to waste I'd probably add a DJI osmo 2 on the remote and get stabilized footage. Filming with the new Samsung S9+ would be amazing as you get zoom and 960 fps.. it's like a $5000 high-speed camera.

A couple comparison photos. Don't mind the mess, it will get cleaned up this weekend

RC Qualifier
    now we need somebody to take a diff out and do a side by side pics with some of the other 8th scale diffs out there. (arrma, losi, hpi,Hobao, arrma)

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by oVerDriver View Post
    I still wanna know what about the parts compatibility with older (E)Revos.
    The parts list is published, but VERY few parts are interchangeable. If you have a question about a specific part, you'll find it here. https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...86-4_parts.pdf

Well boys and girls, the E-Revo v2.0 is officially for sale! So I finally got to buy it. My lhs manager just delivered it to my at lrh hobbies in Anaheim! Anyone in socal that wants to give her a run is more than welcome!

RC poster
    Well boys and girls, the E-Revo v2.0 is officially for sale! So I finally got to buy it. My lhs manager just delivered it to my at lrh hobbies in Anaheim! Anyone in socal that wants to give her a run is more than welcome!
    I'm jealous. My local shop just told me today that they are only expecting one single car in a week and a half. 3 to 4 weeks for more. I guess I'm waiting another month to get one.

I just slapped ⅛ buggy tires on her and ran the track. Looks funny as heck but fun as Heck

Pick of the track and funny looking revo

Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Show the differentials please.
    I hopefully will have time to get into her this weekend, so far the electronics haven't given me trouble, this thing really taxes batteries though, I'll have to look into what 3s batteries will fit. Maybe I'm spoiled by my SMC 9000mah 2s batteries for the other Revo. For now, I'm just having too much fun with this!

RC Competitor
    So... This just happened.

I talked to my LHS on Wednesday and they said they had no idea when it would ship. They called an hour ago and said they had it in their possession. Boom.

^ It looks like they're hitting the shelves today!

My LHS got a set of E-Revo 2.0's in today too. I'm goign to get one, but I have to wait a day or two. Working for my LHS I have to wait at least one day before I pick one up so the customers can get a fair chance at them, but if I we still have one in stock tomorrow night, then I'll be getting one.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    ^ It looks like they're hitting the shelves today!

My LHS got a set of E-Revo 2.0's in today too. I'm goign to get one, but I have to wait a day or two. Working for my LHS I have to wait at least one day before I pick one up so the customers can get a fair chance at them, but if I we still have one in stock tomorrow night, then I'll be getting one.
    I "pre-ordered" an orange one, but when I got there they only had two. One orange and one green. Apparently Traxxas only sent them what they had officially pre-sold. We both wanted orange but the other guy had already been there, so green it is. The orange one was technically the demo truck they just put back in the box, so mine should be mint.

Here's some pictures!

Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    Here's some pictures!

Love the green. Glad I ordered, just patiently waiting for March 13

RC Racer
    Here's some pictures!

That green is awesome, I can’t wait to get mine. I bet they look even better in person

RC Competitor
    A few things from my initial runs...

The original erevo wheelie bar will fit, you just have to take the wing and bumper attachment off, not sure if it does any good because it backflips through the bar, but more on that in a few. Here are a few pictures while the batteries were charging and a few comments of my first run.

On 4s
    1) Pretty much a solid beast, way faster than I expected
    2) The first time I touched the throttle I hit the brakes too hard and it flipped over and slid down my driveway top down for about 40-50 ft. After that I knew keeping it clean, upright, and scratch free was a no go. From then on it was game time.
    3) Self righting on 4s was a no go for me, pavement or grass, it just wouldn't quite get there

On 6s
    1) I had never driven a 6s before, and OMG. THIS THING IS A SUPER BEAST.
    2) It literally tries to become an airplane at any speed, at full throttle the front end consistently tried to lift, even at almost 50 mph
    3) Reverse is pretty much unusable on 6s on pavement or my driveway, with any touch of the the throttle it instantly does a reverse front flip. Like I couldn't prevent it. It happened at least 10 times.
    4) With the wheelie bar, it would pretty much power through it and still backflip unless the bar was set all the way down. No riding wheelies, it would still just flip through it.
    5) Traction was insane, would climb or go up and over anything I put in front of it
    6) The thing is an absolute monster beast and I can't wait to drive it again tomorrow
    7) The top, wing, bottom a-arms, slid plates, wheelie bar, and front and rear bumper are all scratched up, but no serious damage
    8) Self righting worked every time for me on a hard surface, a few times in the grass, just not the really tall grass

Through a full 45-60 min bash session, I broke... NOTHING!

Overall I'm super impressed and can't wait to get her out again tomorrow.

RC Champion
    Sounds like this rig will need a castle esc to tune it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Sounds like this rig will need a castle esc to tune it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Why do you say that? Has anyone tried using the Bluetooth module yet to turn down the braking force to prevent the unnecessary front flips under braking?

RC poster
    Photos and videos don't do this thing justice in regards to its size. Good god, this thing is huge. My batteries and charger will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to run this beast.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    Why do you say that? Has anyone tried using the Bluetooth module yet to turn down the braking force to prevent the unnecessary front flips under braking?
    This is a good idea, I'll give it a go

RC Competitor
    Short high speed run over my drainage ditch

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast