RC Enthusiast

Stampede front bumper

As the title says I Am looking for information on the stampede front bumper. I have seen ones that have 3 holes in them and people have fitted lights just above it. Is this a stampede bumper? Does anyone have a part number?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

do they look like this?
    http://www.rc-helicar.de/wp-content/...eleuchtung.jpg
    ^this is a 4wd drive stampede bumper^

im not sure how that could be mounted to a 2wd stampede as the bumper mounting area angle is super different between the 2
    the part number is #6735 and here is a link to it:https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6735
    Last edited by broitsseth; 12-20-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Racer
    Here is the bumper I have. RPM pieces for a Slash.

-RPM Chrome Front Bumper RPM80953
    -RPM Chrome Light Canister RPM80983

HTH

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You can also shorten that bumper so it doesnt look strange sticking so far out from the body...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    I think you can mount a stock slash 2wd bumper to the stampede, and it's similar to the 4x4 stampede bumper. Not sure, but I think they both can use the same Traxxas light kit.

Rpm has a bumper for the 2wd that go with their light kits also. Think it is the same style as the others too.

RC Qualifier
    I run 2wd Slash bumpers on all my 2wd Stampedes. No mods required!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Yep. I just dont like how far the front bumper sticks out. Thats why i shorten them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Yep. I just dont like how far the front bumper sticks out. Thats why i shorten them.
    You shorten them?! Never would have guessed!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by broitsseth View Post
    do they look like this?
    http://www.rc-helicar.de/wp-content/...eleuchtung.jpg
    ^this is a 4wd drive stampede bumper^

im not sure how that could be mounted to a 2wd stampede as the bumper mounting area angle is super different between the 2
    the part number is #6735 and here is a link to it:https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6735
    Yes that's the bumper I want. So is it possible to fit to the xl5? 2wd

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by uktraxxa5 View Post

The bottom 4 screws will fit but the top 2 will not. So the slash front bumper will have some more flex. I just bought this bumper yesterday and will test it out tomorrow at a clay track. I'm hoping it will protect the body better than the stock front bumper. Will report back on how it performs.

RC Qualifier
    Like this?

I'm doing a Stampede with a Rustler body and it sits back a bit. I had to shorten the bumper...

Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    Like this?

I'm doing a Stampede with a Rustler body and it sits back a bit. I had to shorten the bumper...
    Yes but I use all 4 mount holes

RC Qualifier
    Yes but I use all 4 mount holes

I'll probably drill 2 more holes too...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeR6 View Post
    The bottom 4 screws will fit but the top 2 will not. So the slash front bumper will have some more flex. I just bought this bumper yesterday and will test it out tomorrow at a clay track. I'm hoping it will protect the body better than the stock front bumper. Will report back on how it performs.
    Following up from my track day - slash front bumper held up well after some harsh impacts, end-over-end, and cartwheel rolls - however since you can't attach the top 2 screws (only the 4 on the bottom) it allows too much flex so the front body takes a lot of damage. Better than the stock front bumper in that it seems to deflect hits to the wheels better but my bigfoot #1 body is getting beat up pretty bad.

I think the slash front bumper is a good upgrade for just back-yard bashing.

Getting more practice repairing this lexan body with shoe goo and drywall tape. I probably should have just gotten a 2nd hand stampede body to hit the track with.

RC Qualifier
    however since you can't attach the top 2 screws (only the 4 on the bottom) it allows too much flex
    I used the center hole up top and drilled into the chassis. 1 screw is better than none...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    I used the center hole up top and drilled into the chassis. 1 screw is better than none...
    I’ll do that - great idea!

Iíll do that - great idea!
    Drywall tape is useless. Use any other strong fabric at your disposal is a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by uktraxxa5 View Post

everyone so far has been talking about the slash bumper,this is the 4x4 STAMPEDE bumper,im pretty sure if the 4x4 slash bumper fits(unless everyone is talking about the 2wd slash) then this one should
    and if possible i would take your 2wd stampede up to your lhs if you have one and take a look at a 4x4 stampede bumper(if they have one on display)
    the best way to tell is just to buy one!
    you could probably find one for around 10$ if you do a bit of searching
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger