RC poster

E Revo VXL not moving!

I bought a new esc and motor still does this. Fully charged battery still does it. Reprogram the esc, transmitter still does it. Its in NiMh mode and not it's not in beginner mode please help.

By “reprogram the esc” do you mean you set it to the correct mode or that you calibrated it to the transmitter?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    By “reprogram the esc” do you mean you set it to the correct mode or that you calibrated it to the transmitter?
    I have done both and it doesn't seem to be working.

I suspect the battery. Wheels should turn way faster when you have the car in your hand.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    I suspect the battery. Wheels should turn way faster when you have the car in your hand.
    That's what I'm thinking as well but I have two nimh batteries that I used to run in parallel and I tried both battery's and still nothing and I'm charging them at 0.3A which is what is suggested for max power. Any other ideas?

RC Racer
    Just had the exact same issue with mine. Is the low voltage red light flashing on the esc reguardless of what battery mode it is in?
    If it breaks, replace it. If it doesn't break then the jump wasn't
    big enough

RC poster
    It is in nimh mode and the light on the esc is solid red. I'm starting to think it's the battery's becuase one is 7 years old and the other is about 6 years just thinking about buying a 2s. Any good lipos that won't break the bank? I can't use the new traxxas connection either doesn't fit my charger becuase of the balancing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mervadam View Post
    It is in nimh mode and the light on the esc is solid red. I'm starting to think it's the battery's becuase one is 7 years old and the other is about 6 years just thinking about buying a 2s. Any good lipos that won't break the bank? I can't use the new traxxas connection either doesn't fit my charger becuase of the balancing.
    Do you have a lipo charger? If not a good entry level charger that won't break the bank is a prophet sport. It will charge through the balance lead on the battery at 2amps for the merv size battery. It will also charge a 3s battery if you want to turn the merv into a rocket.

If the batteries are that old good chance they are well past their lifespan
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-28-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: content
    If it breaks, replace it. If it doesn't break then the jump wasn't
    big enough

A 6 to 7 year old NiMh battery is most of the time end of life.
    Nobody is born with experience