RC Enthusiast

Cool Traxxas 2849X 4000 mAH 25C Batteries at a Good Price!!!

I've been wanting to try some of these batteries for a while now since a lot of folks say they're the sweet spot between weight & performance. All 4 of my Traxxas 3000 mAH batteries are now puffed and/or exibiting greatly reduced flight times so I found a good deal on a 2-pack of the 4000's here & pulled the trigger. http://gonitrohobbies.com/tra2849x-2x/ Enter the code: YEAREND at checkout to get an EXTRA 10% OFF making the grand total for TWO batteries with FREE SHIPPING just $98.95!!!

These are 3S Traxxas ID batteries approved for use with the Aton which normally retail for $85 EACH!!!. Some say the reason the 3000's & 5000's tend to puff is because they are only 20C but these are 25C & I can't wait to give em a try.
    Last edited by Ghostrider58; 12-26-2017 at 06:30 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Just realized they will also fit my Stampede 4x4 - Win/Win for me!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider58 View Post
    I've been wanting to try some of these batteries for a while now since a lot of folks say they're the sweet spot between weight & performance. All 4 of my Traxxas 3000 mAH batteries are now puffed and/or exibiting greatly reduced flight times so I found a good deal on a 2-pack of the 4000's here & pulled the trigger. http://gonitrohobbies.com/tra2849x-2x/ Enter the code: YEAREND at checkout to get an EXTRA 10% OFF making the grand total for TWO batteries with FREE SHIPPING just $98.95!!!

These are 3S Traxxas ID batteries approved for use with the Aton which normally retail for $85 EACH!!!. Some say the reason the 3000's & 5000's tend to puff is because they are only 20C but these are 25C & I can't wait to give em a try.
    Hello Ghostrider,
    The thing is that they WILL probably puff also...
    I have many 3000mAh, and two 4000mAh that puffed very soon after purchase.
    I am taking very good care of all my (14) Batteries, but I think 25C is NOT enouhg for the Burst the Aton is asking at full throttle in Sport mode.

That been said, the 4000mAh ARE giving the Aton a nice Punch you don't get with the 3000mAh !

Traxxas was also very prompt to replace few of my puffed Batteries, so you should contact them to submit you requests.

Enjoy your Flights & Happy New Year 2018 !

I got 2 Traxxas LiPo batteries for the Aton, never used them since I bought them a few months ago, both of them are puffed now!!! I have over 50 LiPos from other brands for several years and they never puffed in storage. Something is not right with their LiPos, they can't just puff out of the shelf.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I got 2 Traxxas LiPo batteries for the Aton, never used them since I bought them a few months ago, both of them are puffed now!!! I have over 50 LiPos from other brands for several years and they never puffed in storage. Something is not right with their LiPos, they can't just puff out of the shelf.
    Doesn't sound good but at least Traxxas has a replacement warranty within one year from original purchase. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...batteries/lipo (at the bottom of page)

However, I've heard mixed results regarding their implementation & if they make you send them back - it's a real PITA! Here's the instructions they sent me when I inquired about having some batteries replaced:

Here is how to discharge a puffed LiPo battery.

1. Discharge battery pack to 2.8v per cell or less.

2. Fill a bucket with enough water to submerge the battery completely.

3. Add salt to the water until no more salt will dissolve; the water is now saturated with salt.

4. Place the battery in the bucket and leave submerged in salt water solution for at least 24 hours.

5. Remove the battery pack from the salt water and test the voltage with a voltmeter.

6. If the voltage does not read 0.0 volts, re-submerge and re-test the battery until the voltage reads 0.0 volts.

7. Once the battery has been discharged to 0.0 volts it is safe to dispose or to send in the mail.

Here are the requirements to ship a LiPo battery in the mail.

1. Each battery terminal MUST be individually protected. Place each rechargeable battery into a SEPARATE plastic bag. These precautions will prevent contact between terminals or other metal surfaces during storage and shipping.

2. Rechargeable batteries should be packed in strong outer packaging like a card board box. Mark the packages with "LITHIUM POLYMER BATTERIES". "DO NOT DAMAGE OR MISHANDLE PACKAGE IF PACKAGE IS DAMAGED, BATTERIES MUST BE QUARANTINED, INSPECTED AND REPACKAGED.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider58 View Post

$95 each? Wow.. they're making tons of money off of that. I found some for $58: https://www.rcsuperstore.com/Traxxas...shoppingengine

I would always check other sites to compare prices. You may save a ton of money.
    MERV, Rustler VXL, X-Maxx
    @kbedrich - Thingiverse

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MindBlown View Post
    $95 each? Wow.. they're making tons of money off of that. I found some for $58: https://www.rcsuperstore.com/Traxxas...shoppingengine

I would always check other sites to compare prices. You may save a ton of money.
    The link in my OP was TWO BATTERIES for $109 & with the 10% holiday discount, they ended up being $49.48 each with free shipping. Just checked and the link is still active but now you'll need to enter the code 1099 to get $10 off which ends up being $49.50 each & looks like free shipping is still available. I ordered 2 - Two packs of these batteries so now I have a total of four but believe me, I never buy anything until I shop around for the best price

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraton View Post
    Hello Ghostrider,
    The thing is that they WILL probably puff also...
    I have many 3000mAh, and two 4000mAh that puffed very soon after purchase.
    I am taking very good care of all my (14) Batteries, but I think 25C is NOT enouhg for the Burst the Aton is asking at full throttle in Sport mode.

That been said, the 4000mAh ARE giving the Aton a nice Punch you don't get with the 3000mAh !

Traxxas was also very prompt to replace few of my puffed Batteries, so you should contact them to submit you requests.

Enjoy your Flights & Happy New Year 2018 !
    Thanks for the info but I sure hope they don't puff. They came in weeks ago but haven't had a chance to fly em yet. I did notice that two showed a higher internal resistance than the other two. Have them at storage charge for now but will continue to check IR as time goes on to see if it ends up about the same across all 4 batteries. If 25C is not enough for Aton, what would you recommend? My understanding is aftermarket battery options are limited mainly due to size of the battery compartment. Happy Flying & New Year To You As Well !!!

RC Enthusiast
    I am currently using these. Just got them in day before yesterday. Run one so far no problems. I have had 5 Traxxas 2931x? all have puffed. I will use these to see if they will. They fit just fine, I tuck the balance cord on top of battery.

https://www.rcsuperstore.com/Lectron...3s5200-50t.htm

RC Qualifier
    I need to get more batteries since the Traxxas batteries puff after there warranty. Was about to give it up and sell my Aton due to spending money on batteries. Will order a couple of these to try. That’s for the information.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    I need to get more batteries since the Traxxas batteries puff after there warranty. Was about to give it up and sell my Aton due to spending money on batteries. Will order a couple of these to try. That’s for the information.
    What do you have for a charger ?

RC Qualifier
    The one that came with the Aton. Going to order a better charger that will discharge it also when I order more batteries. Didn’t fly much last year but will be flying allot this summer.

RC Qualifier
    Is the Traxxas EZ peak dual id charger any good? Considering getting one when I order some more batteries. Thanks.