RC Racer

TQI Link Android security update

Just got my Link module back and the bluetooth connected almost instantly. Traxxas APP said I had a firmware update so I loaded it. Now no bluetooth connection. I can only assume that I need to send the unit back again?

I would sure think that the minds at Traxxas would have engineered a protocol that disallowed loading of older version firmware, AND that all firmware after "x" date would have the security update included but this may not be the case.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm guessing this problem hasn't been solved yet. I downloaded the app, but I haven't connected my controller or truck yet. Is this a good feature or should I just uninstall the app until they get it fixed? How did it go for you?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
    I'm guessing this problem hasn't been solved yet. I downloaded the app, but I haven't connected my controller or truck yet. Is this a good feature or should I just uninstall the app until they get it fixed? How did it go for you?
    Don’t do the update! It’ll only cause more issues than any support.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    not sure why you are having issues? I originally had to get my module re-flashed by traxxas, and since getting it back, haven't had furhter issues, have the msot curent version of the app, and firmware installed