RC poster

Question Best center differential option when replacing slipper clutch on Deegan Rally.

Looking for some input on center diff options for the Deegan. Have a new Sidewinder 3800 going in this week, as well as an aluminum driveshaft, and am trying to figure out the best option for the center diff as I know the stock slipper clutch won't hold up.
    Anybody have any experience with this? Suggestions on what's worked best for you?

Also, anybody know if the Hot Racing Sway bars will fit the Deegan? #SLF311
    I was told they won't and that there are not sway bars made for the new 1/10 rally yet. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Hot racing has a one way diff... Would be cool in a rally car. Only the rear wheels lock up when braking kinda like an E brake, but its full time 4wd under throttle. I had a center diff in my slash platinum. I ran fluid that was too thin and it got so hot that it melted on 2s. I would use no lighter that 100k if using the traxxas diff.

If the sway bars are too wide for the rally, you can bend your own from music wire. As long as the mounts and links fit, you should be able to make it work.
    Last edited by rag6; 12-28-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Deegan Demon View Post
    Also, anybody know if the Hot Racing Sway bars will fit the Deegan? #SLF311
    I was told they won't and that there are not sway bars made for the new 1/10 rally yet. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.
    Traxxas #6898 Sway bar kit for the Slash 4x4 will fit:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6898

Unless you really would like a center diff, you could just get the slipper clutch assembly for the Slash 4x4 Platinum:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SLASH-PLATI...item4d2ecbf6f2
    Last edited by Viking; 12-29-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Hot racing has a one way diff... Would be cool in a rally car. Only the rear wheels lock up when braking kinda like an E brake, but its full time 4wd under throttle.
    That sounds like a ton of fun!

How did the HR diff hold up for you?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    That sounds like a ton of fun!

How did the HR diff hold up for you?
    I never owned the hot racing One Way diff. But I've done a lot of research on it, and it is supposed to be very very strong. I did on the 4 x 4 Platinum diff and I melted it on 2s with 50k weight oil. I put a hundred K back in and it was fine

RC Champion
    I did the Slash 4x4 slipper conversion with 32p gears. The parts from the Slash 4x4 are pretty much all interchangeable with the rally minus the arms.
    -Super hopped MERV
    -Lidz by Skrizz

A con of a center one way diff is no slip and no power being bled off to the front wheels when under throttle. Could be very hard on the driveline with no slip...

RC Enthusiast
    Put slash 4x4 arms and links on it. Slipper clutch mandatory. Other than that send it.....i do on oval race day.outdoor clay track. Use the stock body posts except for the rear made a custom set up from another buggy of mine.
    Sometimes you have to turn right to go left !!