Battery Question

I received my first batch of SMC batteries today, so now I can proudly say that I am no longer a SMC battery virgin. The ones I got are in a hard case. I have always gotten the soft case. My question is: What's the advantage/disadvantage of a hard case and soft case batteries?

You all have always had nothing but praise for these SMC batteries, so I asked for a couple of sets for Christmas to give them a try. My only understanding about hard case vs soft case was that hard case protects the batteries and is required for racing, but I don't know for sure if that's true. And, if that's the only advantage/disadvantage between these two types of batteries.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-29-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

JM2C... they run a little cooler. not having the case to hold the heat in.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    like said above soft case may run a tad cooler but the hard case I believe will take more physical abuse(big jumps and crashes lol) and hard case is usually mandatory when racing.Nice screen shot 87GN.

So, from a non racing stand point there really isn't much of a difference. Okay, thanks.

RC Racer
    my soft case batteries show more wear and tear than my hard case ones. Make sure to do the battery strap flip for the smc hard cases. I runs those as well. They are super tight fit until you flip the strap upside down then they are perfect.

RC Qualifier
    The hard case can allow you to run bullet connectors at the battery if you choose that option, while the soft cases are all wired. Tho, I prefer wired regardless and I have to run a hard case LiPo for ROAR racing.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

Good to know, thank you.