RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro

Hi everyone, Thanks for looking at my thread!

I am looking for a brushless esc and motor for my slash 2wd.

I really like the price and features of the Castle creations Mamba Max Pro with the 4600kv motor, but I wasn't sure if it was compatible with the slash.

I am not completely sold on the mamba max pro, so I'd love to hear any other suggestions for the best system. (I usually will be driving offroad, so I want a lot of torque, but I also want something that is able to do fast speeds on flat ground).

I'm also wondering what gearing you would suggest if I was running the Mamba Max Pro with the 4600kv motor and 2.8 trenchers.

Thanks for the help!

RC Enthusiast
    Here's the link to the Mamba Max Pro with the 4600kv motor:
    http://www.castlecreations.com/en/ma...-010-0066-00-5

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Ive raced that combo with short coures size tires and the motor did pretty darn good with heat and power. Ive also bashed off road using it with the 2.8s, and the motor runs pretty hot. Running off road with 2.8s i would suggest the 3800 cc motor instead as it will run cooler, and a bit faster when geared correctly. The 3800 will also be able to handle 3s if you want to go really fast.

If you do opt for the 4600 keep a very close eye on motor temps. Shut it down when it hits 180f...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Ive raced that combo with short coures size tires and the motor did pretty darn good with heat and power. Ive also bashed off road using it with the 2.8s, and the motor runs pretty hot. Running off road with 2.8s i would suggest the 3800 cc motor instead as it will run cooler, and a bit faster when geared correctly. The 3800 will also be able to handle 3s if you want to go really fast.

If you do opt for the 4600 keep a very close eye on motor temps. Shut it down when it hits 180f...
    Thanks for the help!
    I'm probably going to want to run 2.8's off-road, but I will use 2s and monitor temps often.

I also can't find the 3800kv version, do you have the link?

Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think they are phasing out the mmp.. it's an old platform, and there are tons out there that are better..

I ran an mmp in my 2wd slash, also in my 4wd slash..... on 2s, even with gearing changes, I always had excessive heat problems, Castle said my setup was too aggressive, but it wasn't.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help, do you have any other suggestion for motors/escs that would be better than the mmp?