RC Racer

How do you unlock the ESC ?

Hi i have ordered myself a XO1 ESC how do you unlock it for its full potential?
    Or don't you have to unlock them now, or should i get a different ESC?
    Last edited by Speed freak #1; 01-01-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Traxxas has a video that shows you exactly how to do it, but here's the general idea. You need a iPhone/iPod and the Traxxas telemetry app. In the app you select a button to start the unlocking process, and it send you an email. You provide the email with a reply with the answers to Traxxas' questions. Then Traxxas will unlock your XO-1.

There is a post on this forum that tells you how you can put your XO-1's MM2 ESC's programing back to Castles' factory spec's, so you don't have to unlock it. I never went that way, though, but you might want to.

I went with the unlocking bit, and when my XO-1's stock ESC took a poop (a couple years later) I replaced it with a normal Castle MM2. For the record, I like the normal Castle MM2 better than the stock XO-1's MM2 ESC setup. Here is a picture of my Castle MM2 with the XO-1 stock ESC's caps. This setup has worked out very well for me.

Looks the same don't it? Looks the same to you, and works better than stock for me. Good luck with what ever you decide.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-01-2018 at 07:38 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Traxxas has a video that shows you exactly how to do it, but here's the general idea. You need a iPhone/iPod and the Traxxas telemetry app. In the app you select a button to start the unlocking process, and it send you an email. You provide the email with a reply with the answers to Traxxas' questions. Then Traxxas will unlock your XO-1.

There is a post on this forum that tells you how you can put your XO-1's MM2 ESC's programing back to Castles' factory spec's, so you don't have to unlock it. I never went that way, though, but you might want to.

I went with the unlocking bit, and when my XO-1's stock ESC took a poop (a couple years later) I replaced it with a normal Castle MM2. For the record, I like the normal Castle MM2 better than the stock XO-1's MM2 ESC setup. Here is a picture of my Castle MM2 with the XO-1 stock ESC's caps. This setup has worked out very well for me.

Looks the same don't it? Looks the same to you, and works better than stock for me. Good luck with what ever you decide.
    Thanks for the reply, cancelled the XO1 ESC and purchased the MM2 and i will just run a custom cap pack on it .
    The XO1 ESC is too hard basket for me i don't use apple products

The XO1 ESC is too hard basket for me i don't use apple products.
    Your welcome, and you can also use the other device that's not a Apple product. I can't remember the name of it, though.

RC Racer
    Your welcome, and you can also use the other device that's not a Apple product. I can't remember the name of it, though.
    SAMSUNG

Thank you for your assistance. Also, hear is a better picture of when I took a MM2 and put it with the original XO-1 cap pack.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-05-2018 at 06:28 PM.

RC Racer
    Thank you for your assistance. Also, hear is a better picture of when I took a MM2 and put it with the original XO-1 cap pack.

Cool thanks

RC poster
    do you know where I can find the post to put my esc to factory castle specs I cant find it on the website

It shouldn't be to far back. I knew I seen it not lo long ago.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ed-Castle-ESCs
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 07-22-2019 at 05:55 PM.

esc

MM2 ESC setup
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE