RC poster

New guy buying a summit soon

Hello everyone from a new member of this forum as of a few minutes ago. Hopefully I can get a Summit soon in Blue and join the ranks of Summit owners. Of course I will need the required guidance when I post questions on this truck so please be patient.

After a ton of videos on youTube I really like the Summit. Without one in hand I but don't like the rear sagging down so much. I just want it to sit at proper height, when not under load, and not not sag as much when under load/or moving. Can anyone guide me in what works but will not greatly affect its crawling ability? I assume this has been asked before so please just add the link and thanks.

Welcome.
    The Summit faq's are what you are after. Located at the top of the Summit sub forum.
    Should give you tons to think about.
    By the way as a long time Summit owner I can tell you......you'll love it! ☺

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentbaby65 View Post
    Welcome.
    The Summit faq's are what you are after. Located at the top of the Summit sub forum.
    Should give you tons to think about.
    By the way as a long time Summit owner I can tell you......you'll love it! ☺
    Thanks for the quick response and info. Not to be one of those guys but I do not like the sagging almost to the ground under hard acceleration.

RC poster
    I got my Summit just yesterday and the sag-n-lean were at first troubling. But now having given it a thorough dirt wash I find the gushy soft suspension to be awesome. You can do a full throttle run across 8" stones and the suspension just soaks it up. The Summit is definitely much more at home off the pavement.

That said, you can adjust the height of the suspension via the coilover shocks. And you can buy stiffer springs. You can probably re-jet the shocks too.

One final observation from a fellow just-getting-back-into-RCer: The Summit is huge. I thought I was getting a 1/10 scale car, but this thing is twice the size of my boys 1/10 scale cars. It's twice the size of my last 1/10 scale car from 25 years ago too: the RC-10.

RC poster
    Bought my NEW Blue Summit this afternoon HOWEVER I discovered the Hitec X2 charger doesn't have the proper adapter, in the box, to charge the new Traxxas battery plug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely HATE when I'm not setup with the right equipment from the place that should know better. Hate being a newbie again. Nothing like having a new toy that costs a fair amount of cash that I cannot play with!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ArbysNight View Post
    I got my Summit just yesterday and the sag-n-lean were at first troubling. But now having given it a thorough dirt wash I find the gushy soft suspension to be awesome. You can do a full throttle run across 8" stones and the suspension just soaks it up. The Summit is definitely much more at home off the pavement.

That said, you can adjust the height of the suspension via the coilover shocks. And you can buy stiffer springs. You can probably re-jet the shocks too.

One final observation from a fellow just-getting-back-into-RCer: The Summit is huge. I thought I was getting a 1/10 scale car, but this thing is twice the size of my boys 1/10 scale cars. It's twice the size of my last 1/10 scale car from 25 years ago too: the RC-10.
    Thx for the run report. I purchased the same springs as what is on the front shocks for $6 US when I purchased the truck. I'll run it some and probably switch them out in a few days. I'll change one thing at a time so I can tell which mod or combination works.

RC poster
    Tried uploading pics but I don't think it worked.
    Last edited by BLT; 01-06-2018 at 10:28 PM.

RC poster
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/161991...posted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/161991...posted-public/

Picture of my new truck etc and the plugs that will not go together.

RC Qualifier
    that is a not good, but you could solder new plugs, but yes it should not have happend if it is new

Dbl orange strip spring (stock on the front)helps with the rear squat.
    The batt plug needs to be changed to a traxxas plug or the esc to the I think it's a xt 60 or xt 90 I think they are called

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Best rear droop fix is the front shock spring rate upgrade.
    Also Some Time Back a You-Tuber, named Jang had the "Ultimate RC" you-tube. Unfortunately he is not doing any new videos but he left allot of good information on numerous RC topics, one good one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g&t=112s
    - should take you to his explanation of how to adjust dual servos on a Traxxas for servo buzzing (not correctly sync'd).

I own a number of RC's and the Summit is by far my favorite. And at this time it is one of my slowest, Axial SCX-10 takes that honor. Top speed goes to one of my VXL 2WD Stampedes, followed by the Yeti XL.
    10 total trucks at present. LOVE MY SUMMIT!!!

RC Qualifier
    Hope you enjoy the summit blt. Its a blast to drive. Double orange springs will help with the rear sagging.

RC poster
    I'm working OT and plan to upload a few cool pictures of my Summit and my son's Raider (I think that is the name of his car) later today. Have to work some more OT to keep the boss, my wife, happy due to Summit cost LOL. Those that are married are familiar with this song and dance. Already thinking of another truck for speed and jumping etc. The addiction begins !

RC poster
    THANKS for all the guidance on the rear sag issue. Also I located the needed plugs to charge the batteries. I really like my Summit.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rbr801 View Post
    Best rear droop fix is the front shock spring rate upgrade.
    Also Some Time Back a You-Tuber, named Jang had the "Ultimate RC" you-tube. Unfortunately he is not doing any new videos but he left allot of good information on numerous RC topics, one good one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g&t=112s
    - should take you to his explanation of how to adjust dual servos on a Traxxas for servo buzzing (not correctly sync'd).

I own a number of RC's and the Summit is by far my favorite. And at this time it is one of my slowest, Axial SCX-10 takes that honor. Top speed goes to one of my VXL 2WD Stampedes, followed by the Yeti XL.
    10 total trucks at present. LOVE MY SUMMIT!!!
    Yes, I agree on his reviews. It truly sucks he isn't making anymore videos. However, the channel "RC ADVENTURES" is pretty good too.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    ...Have to work some more OT to keep the boss, my wife, happy due to Summit cost LOL. Those that are married are familiar with this song and dance. Already thinking of another truck for speed and jumping etc. The addiction begins !
    Iím avoiding the extra OT by pretty much only using holiday/birthday gift money to get my first vehicle. (Yes, it means Iíve had to wait a a while, but at least that waiting made it so I didnít buy an Axial before the TRX-4 was released.) Iím speculating that a Summit will likely be my 2nd vehicle on the way towards full blown addiction, so Iíve been following this conversation. Iím not much of a Ďspeed merchantí myself, but you never know what will happen once I get hooked...

RC poster
    My summit turned me into an RC addict!!! My titan died day 2, so I chose to take mine the basher speed demon route, mamba monster X 6s (while still being able to crawl with a sensored esc and motor setup). Built a snowplow with a winch to raise and lower it so i could clear the driveway from my living room. Possibilities are endless.
    XMAXX, Summit MMX 6s, slash 4◊4, rustler vxl

RC poster
    So Im not the only one. Lol. Married my wife before i met my true love... rc's!!!
    XMAXX, Summit MMX 6s, slash 4◊4, rustler vxl

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4WDISLIFE View Post
    So Im not the only one. Lol. Married my wife before i met my true love... rc's!!!
    love this post !!!
    "souvent fauchť toujours marteau !"

RC Competitor
    Once you own a Summit there aren't many others that can top its capabilities. I am saving up for the Bronco TRX-4 when it comes out, but that will likely be my last major purchase in terms of RCs. I can see owning substantially different RCs for running on the track or bashing but beyond that once you own cars that are too similar the others will get less use/neglected. It feels good when you have the patience to wait to purchase only to discover a newer more desirable model is expected in the coming months. My wife and I often go for hikes and she also enjoys driving the Summit so I will use that excuse to get another trail capable RC and be done with it hopefully. Minus all the necessary upgrades haha

Just as jamann noted, make sure the double orange-striped springs are in the rear and double yellow in the front as I got them mixed up last time I disassembled and reinstalled them.
    Last edited by Hman; 01-21-2018 at 01:59 PM.