Thread: Slash Question?

RC poster

Slash Question?

So I have a Slash 2wd and I have the lcg kit. What bodies can I use now? Also what are the best brushess systems? Also is it really a game changing upgrade by going brshless. Also cani use the proline body mounts and make my slash a monster slash even with the lcg kit?.

RC Competitor
    Everything is the same as the normal HCG chassis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Howdy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EliyaanShak View Post
    So I have a Slash 2wd and I have the lcg kit. What bodies can I use now?
    For the most part, you can run any 1/10 scale SCT body. For the best compatibility you will want to find ones that specifically say "Traxxas Slash", and the 2WD and 4WD Slashes have the same wheel base and body mounts. Recommend looking at the offerings from Proline and JConcepts.

Also what are the best brushess systems? Also is it really a game changing upgrade by going brshless.
    Brushless systema abound, and the choices can make your head spin. My two favorite are the Traxxas VXL, and the Castle Creations SCT/3800 system. Between the two, I like the Castle system, to me it is easier to set up and program, but the VXL system isn't bad either. There are also a number of cheaper options by Hobbywing, I have had good success with a couple of their systems in crawlers and scalers, but no experience in SCTs.

What batteries are you using?
    Running the VXL you can get away with running NiMH, any other system and you will want to run lipos due to the amount of amperage they try to draw, NiMHs are just not up to the task.

Also, if you are running NiMH, never run them down to the point that the truck can no longer move, this damages/ruins the pack. There will be a point in the pack's run where you will have about 50% power under full throttle, this is when the pack has "dump", and when you should stop running. Running packs passed this point causes heat stress.

If you run lipo, make sure the ESC is set up in Lipo mode.

Also cani use the proline body mounts and make my slash a monster slash even with the lcg kit?.
    Sure. The more you change your truck, the more creative you will need to be with how stuff is put together. Normally, a 'monster' Slash means 2.8" tires, if so, you will want to change your gearing so you don't fry your motor. Its good practice to check motor temps after making a change to your drive train to make sure everything is happy, every five minutes or so for the first pack or two. Generally you want motor temps to be < 160*/f (< 70*/C). Temp guns are fairly inexpensive, and really don't need anything fancy.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    What Greatscott said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    i have the hobbywing juststock in mine with no issues, not a total game changer but definitely an improvement
    Slash 2wd
    it is all about having fun

RC Racer
    Love my Castle 3800 and sidewinder combo!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashnslash View Post
    Love my Castle 3800 and sidewinder combo!!
    Ya mine is a beast and as EliyaanShak put it "game changer" my Castle is a a total game changer now my stock brushless was old and worn out but my SCT combo is amazing
    if your gonna drive, drive don't talk