RC Racer

Wheel and tire combo options

Does anyone have a list of Rally wheel and tire combos that cross over to the new Traxxas Rally? I've been looking around trying to determine proper offset, etc. Seems like HPI, Tamiya and others have some good wheels, but I don't necessarily want to pull the trigger without some feedback on what people are running.

I'm thinking for this first set, I'd like a more TARMAC focused wheel and tire.

RC Racer
    57 views and nary a comment or suggestion. Active thread..........

RC Competitor
    No idea how much the old and new Rally differ offset wise. But for preglued banditos worked like a charm for me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tun0nl View Post
    No idea how much the old and new Rally differ offset wise. But for preglued banditos worked like a charm for me.
    Cool. I ended up ordering the Banditos. Unfortunately, they shipped the wrong tires, so I have to deal with an RMA and then wait on the Banditos again.

RC Racer
    I haven’t looked to replace the stock ones on mine yet, if you find something that works and you like please keep this updated.

I really like my Pro-Line Striker SC's, on my older Slash/Rally. Although they've been discontinued, you can still find some online. They seem best suited for on-road or packed dirt.

RC Racer
    I ended up ordering 1/8 adapter kit and then ordered some GRP S4's from Ebay. $42.00 shipped for all four! They look sick!

RC Racer
    Got the new GRP S4 compounds installed and they are looking killer! Not sure how to post a pic here without a file hosting service though. Seems like you should be able to post directly.

RC Racer
    Nice man! Link us to a pic somewhere? Insta, Flickr, etc.

Run them yet? Thoughts?

RC Racer
    Yep - ran them yesterday. Love ‘em. I’ll have to create an account at a photo sharing site. Stay tuned.

RC Racer

https://www.flickr.com/photos/893892...posted-public/

Looks like the 2nd time was the charm. Sorry about the blank post above - Technical difficulties!
    Last edited by Double G; 01-29-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: merged

RC Racer
    Nice!! Any fitment/rubbing or adjustment issues when putting them on? How do they compare to stock with your mamba x set up in?

RC Racer
    As far as fitment, they're spot on. Offset is perfect - tucks right to the edge of the wheel wells and really fills them out. I'm running the body one position lower than stock on the posts since it's just been driving on the street. The Mamba X really moves this thing. These definitely give that feedback of running smoother, more planted. It chatters a bit more over anything rough though since there is really no sidewall on these tires to help deflect small bumps and road imperfections.

I think I'm going to stick with 1/8 scales even for the dirt though. Ordered a set of Duratrax Lockup premounts. I also have a Slash body for off-road use. Beyond some gravel and dirt paths, I just don't see the Fiesta body doing it. The front valence is way too low for any serious off-roading, and so are the rockers on the sides.

RC Racer
    And the new offroad "shoes" with a little Rally to Baja Bug conversion thrown in! Hard to believe this is the same vehicle. You've gotta love the versatility of this platform. Plus, it takes all of 5-10 mins to convert it back and forth.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89389216@N06/

RC Racer
    Looks great! Nice paint job and decal application.

RC Racer
    Thanks Man!

RC Racer
    Do you have a part # or link for the 1/8 adapter kit you went with?

Quote Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post

https://www.flickr.com/photos/893892...posted-public/

Looks like the 2nd time was the charm. Sorry about the blank post above - Technical difficulties!
    That's a great looking car!

RC Racer
    Thanks Jato! Appreciate it!

RC Racer
    @Pwny Danza - I just bought the Traxxas kit. TRA6856X - There are a number of other brands out there though. AKA is one. My LHS had these in stock too!