RC Enthusiast

Picked up a brushed Ford GT!

Well after my questions I finally picked up a Blue GT. Planning on trying to get my club to start up a stock brushed class. Fingers crossed. There are a few that have these so I will try to talk them into getting this class going. Will probably get a brushless set up for when spring shows up. The velineon drops in, any other setups that are real good for plug and play for the (most part)? Have been reading some of the scattered gearing threads but there is none that real outline proven combos that work well (gearing with motor esc).

Does this forum have a photo upload system, looked but never noticed the option?

RC Qualifier
    If you are going to run on carpet with the stock tires......keep them XL5 powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    If you are going to run on carpet with the stock tires......keep them XL5 powered.
    ^^ What he said lol

You probably have better odds to get your local club to run a "spec" class whether it is carpet or not.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Enthusiast
    Took it out to the track last nite! Only got a chance to do some test laps (4 mins or so) on the oval setup but I was very impressed how it handled. Thought I may have to scuff the tires but they heated up pretty quick and had some good traction for the most part. A few others have the GTs so hopefully we can get the class going next week. I think some of the old timers were impressed by it so thats a positive.

I have a different body coming so hope that arrives sooner than later. Would be cool to get some new up to date car bodies out there. I like the old muscle style but the GT looked pretty awesome! Still on the fence about racing my nice Blue GT body tho. I added some graphics to it as well so it looks even better imo. Anyway just wanted to share some thoughts.
    M

RC Qualifier
    I still need to scuff my tires and buy some sauce.