Thread: She arrived!!

RC Competitor

She arrived!!

Well she came, I opted for the brushed without body on the knowledge upgrades would be swift.

I plugged a 2s into it on my bench to check it all worked then started stripping. Not even touching the road.

The receiver, esc and motor all came out.

I put my brushless esc and 5200kv motor in with the speed gearing, I also put a matching receiver in to pair up to my absima cr3p.

The steering servo wouldn't center for love nor money and it doesn't seem to have any adjustment other than transmitter so I changed the link to an adjustable link from my spares box. I couldn't stand having my trim all the way to one side just to go straight.

The Zonda shell is in the post.

I have tried her in the street and she is epicly fast and tracking straight.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MikeyRC; 01-08-2018 at 12:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Congrats, I have my trim like 3/4 of the way to the right so it goes straight.....

What are you doing with the stock electronics?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Congrats, I have my trim like 3/4 of the way to the right so it goes straight.....

What are you doing with the stock electronics?
    It's pathetic that there is no adjustment on the servo, unless I have missed something, I have never had a model without this basic item before, still an easy fix though.

My stock electronics are sat in the box, i haven't given that any thought tbh.

RC Qualifier
    What do you mean there is no adjustment? I was planning on taking the servo saver off, re-centering the servo and throwing the ss back on. Is there some reason we can't do this?

RC Competitor
    What do you mean there is no adjustment? I was planning on taking the servo saver off, re-centering the servo and throwing the ss back on. Is there some reason we can't do this?
    You can do that but I found I had the same problem but in the other direction. Moving a tooth in either direction goes past the center.

RC Enthusiast
    I noticed mine seems off as well. Adjusted the trim on the controller. Have not tested other than driving in my basement (not much room) will look into it more. Good to see more people picking these up.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    You can do that but I found I had the same problem but in the other direction. Moving a tooth in either direction goes past the center.

Interesting.....maybe I won't try to move it unless I'm taking it apart for another reason. Thanks for the info.

RC Competitor
    Interesting.....maybe I won't try to move it unless I'm taking it apart for another reason. Thanks for the info.
    Just make an adjustable link and it's job done.

RC Competitor
    Painted the body, not my finest hour, the paint dried blotchy and the front end is too high even at its lowest setting. I think this will be be my bashing body and I will get another for looking sweet.

Note for future, the hpi Zonda shell is not a great fit on this platform.

RC Qualifier
    Just make an adjustable link and it's job done.

I would, but the only reason I bought this car was for spec racing. And besides changing the servo gears to metal....no mods allowed.

RC Qualifier
    Painted the body, not my finest hour, the paint dried blotchy and the front end is too high even at its lowest setting. I think this will be be my bashing body and I will get another for looking sweet.

Note for future, the hpi Zonda shell is not a great fit on this platform.

Did you replace any of the mounts with the extras that come in the bag when you buy the car?

RC Competitor
    Yes, unfortunately the front end of the body is so low it fouls on the shock tower.

RC Qualifier
    Man, that stinks.

RC Enthusiast
    I took the servo saver apart and played with the parts. Move the saver guts around and then stick it on the servo till I got it straight. Now the car goes straight with no trim adjustments on the radio. It is a PITA but it works.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchMaK View Post
    I took the servo saver apart and played with the parts. Move the saver guts around and then stick it on the servo till I got it straight. Now the car goes straight with no trim adjustments on the radio. It is a PITA but it works.
    That's a good call, especially for those who race stock. You have more patience than me my friend. Lol.

RC poster
    Mine are on the lowest post settings and fits fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pjg91ls6t...00556.jpg?dl=0

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburke299 View Post
    Mine are on the lowest post settings and fits fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pjg91ls6t...00556.jpg?dl=0
    Nice, yours looks much better than mine, I tried all configurations and couldn't get it that low. Is yours the hpi body?

Mine is battered now from drifting scuffs, it's my bash body now. For shelf queening I use the Mustang

RC poster
    Nice, yours looks much better than mine, I tried all configurations and couldn't get it that low. Is yours the hpi body?

Mine is battered now from drifting scuffs, it's my bash body now. For shelf queening I use the Mustang

Its an hpi body i think recieved it in an Ebay lot, but that mustang body is gorgeous!