RC Enthusiast

Slash 2WD with Upgraded Motor And Esc Question

So I upgraded my slash 2wd to a castle sidewinder sct system. When I started to use it after a little bit the truck would just start to stop and the truck would stop turning then it would be normal. Now the truck cuts out the power when I drive and stops turning and if I don’t touch the remote it works again. Any suggestions on what to do!? Also the servo gets hot to the touch.
    Last edited by TraxxasUser123; 01-13-2018 at 05:03 PM.

What were your temps on the motor, ESC and battery after installing the new system?

What did you set the ESC's BEC voltage to?

What did you do to ensure proper mesh between the spur and pinion?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    What were your temps on the motor, ESC and battery after installing the new system?

What did you set the ESC's BEC voltage to?

What did you do to ensure proper mesh between the spur and pinion?
    The temp on the motor wasnít that hot. The esc has a cooling fan so itís not hot. And battery is just warm. Everything is just warm. I didnít do anything to the ESCís BEC voltage, I just installed it the way it came. I did the trick with the piece of paper to ensure proper mesh.

What servo are you using, Savox servos are known to be power hungry and cause brown outs.
    its not fun until something breaks

RC Enthusiast
    I’m using the stock Traxxas 2075 servo

RC Qualifier
    What battery are you using, lipo or nimh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    What battery are you using, lipo or nimh?

traxxas lipo 2s

RC Qualifier
    I would disconnect steering rods to check is there any binding. I am sure someone who have better knowledge will give you more options to try and solve your problem.
    Someone pls correct me if I wrong but servo should not be hot?

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thank you

RC Enthusiast
    But the power also cuts out then starts running.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasUser123 View Post
    So I upgraded my slash 2wd to a castle sidewinder sct system. When I started to use it after a little bit the truck would just start to stop and the truck would stop turning then it would be normal. Now the truck cuts out the power when I drive and stops turning and if I donít touch the remote it works again. Any suggestions on what to do!? Also the servo gets hot to the touch.
    I am having the same exact problem. I just got this slash for me and my boy for Christmas. I got the castle sidewinder sct system. I just ordered a new servo. I hope this fixes the problem.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdust View Post
    I am having the same exact problem. I just got this slash for me and my boy for Christmas. I got the castle sidewinder sct system. I just ordered a new servo. I hope this fixes the problem.
    I was going to purchase a new servo, but then I came on this forum to get what people said on what I should do. I still donít know but, I think Iím just going to need to get a new servo. Did you get another Traxxas 2075 servo or a different one?

RC Qualifier
    Thatís usually happens when you use nimh in lipo mode, voltage drops faster and lvc cut power off. But you are using lipo.

I really wish people would stop buying the Sidewinder combo. It's a poor ESC especially compared to modern stuff.

Contact Castle. They will get you straightened out.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I really wish people would stop buying the Sidewinder combo. It's a poor ESC especially compared to modern stuff.

Contact Castle. They will get you straightened out.
    But see the thing is that I bought the system off of eBay. And the purchase isn’t in my purchase history. So I’m going to contact castle because I know that it has a 1 year warranty. Thank you for your help

RC Enthusiast
    What system should I get then? What do you guys recommend

RC Qualifier

Slash 2WD with Upgraded Motor And Esc Question

Imho, cc3800kv is good motor, esc is ok for 2s. People say that esc is weak for 3s bashing. So if you stick with 2s, cc sct will be ok. You can always sell your esc an get bigger one(more A)

RC Enthusiast
    Imho, cc3800kv is good motor, esc is ok for 2s. People say that esc is weak for 3s bashing. So if you stick with 2s, cc sct will be ok. You can always sell your esc an get bigger one(more A)

ok I’ll look into that

RC Enthusiast
    ok I’ll look into that
    Where do I look for it?

RC Qualifier
    Hobbywing have nice escí for better price than castles. I donít own it but when I start searching better esc for my car, their esc will be on top of my explore

Hobbywing have nice esc’ for better price than castles. I don’t own it but when I start searching better esc for my car, their esc will be on top of my explore

The HobbyWing stuff is much, much better than the old Castle stuff. Check here: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/collections/sct8-sct10

If you are going Castle do not get anything less than the Mamba X ESC. And their motors are just average for way too high of a price. My RC Gear Shop 3900kv motor absolute destorys my Castle 3800kv.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ar---Brushless

RC Enthusiast
    Can I run a Mamba X with the motor I have now?

RC Qualifier
    Can I run a Mamba X with the motor I have now?
    Stronger ESC is better than stronger motor.

RC poster
    I was going to purchase a new servo, but then I came on this forum to get what people said on what I should do. I still don’t know but, I think I’m just going to need to get a new servo. Did you get another Traxxas 2075 servo or a different one?
    I get my new spektrum s6180 servo this weekend. I will let you know how it works. This servo should be an upgrade from the traxxas.

RC Enthusiast
    I get my new spektrum s6180 servo this weekend. I will let you know how it works. This servo should be an upgrade from the traxxas.
    Ok thanks. Appreciate it

RC poster
    Ok thanks. Appreciate it
    New servo fixed the problem. I have only tested to make sure it's fixed. If you would like more info on the servo PM me. I hope this helped.

RC Enthusiast
    New servo fixed the problem. I have only tested to make sure it's fixed. If you would like more info on the servo PM me. I hope this helped.
    Ok thank you

RC Enthusiast
    Did this servo fit in your 2wd slash ok? Was it easy to set up?

RC Enthusiast
    And did your slash also cut out then start running again? Sorry for asking so many questions I just want to make sure.

RC poster
    And did your slash also cut out then start running again? Sorry for asking so many questions I just want to make sure.
    Yes...I was having the exact same issues you are having. The new servo that I got doesn't fit perfect. I could only get two of the holes to align and I'm looking for a new servo saver, as the original won't work. I will keep you updated.

Buy I would say your servo is junk

RC Enthusiast
    Yes...I was having the exact same issues you are having. The new servo that I got doesn't fit perfect. I could only get two of the holes to align and I'm looking for a new servo saver, as the original won't work. I will keep you updated.

Buy I would say your servo is junk
    ok let me know