RC poster

Advice please!!!

So I have this 2wd slash laying around that needs a new esc I was just wondering what you guys opiniouns are if I should fix it or sale it as is and buy a e revo Thanks in advance

I would fix it.

if you are using a brushed motor use this esc:
    https://www.amazon.com/HobbyWing-QUI...=hobbywing+esc

if you have a brushless motor get this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creati...tle+sidewinder

RC poster
    Money is no issue

It all depends on your application, do you run high voltage, 2s only, brushed, brushless, sensordor unsensored? Please give more information as to what you plan on doing.
    its not fun until something breaks

RC poster
    When it was working I used the stock brushed motor,stock gearing and 2s battery.I have a velieon brushless motor and esc I could put on it but I don't want to sink money in to it if it doesn't compare to a e revo

Quote Originally Posted by rcnyc View Post
    When it was working I used the stock brushed motor,stock gearing and 2s battery.I have a velieon brushless motor and esc I could put on it but I don't want to sink money in to it if it doesn't compare to a e revo
    In most areas that can be considered, the 2WD Slash does not compare to the E-Revo at all, they are just completely different animals. But, if you are looking for a fast and fun 2WD truck, the Slash can most certainly fit that bill.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    If I go with the e revo should I get the 1 16 or 1 10

RC Qualifier
    Well if it was me I would keep the slash and put in a new ESC. And explore the options of getting a Revo. But it also depends on what you want to do and where you like to run at so that might factor into keeping a truck or getting a different one. For me I like to have a variety of everything and still working on it.

RC Racer
    The slash is a great truck. It's can take beating and fun to drive, but it's a challenge. It doesn't drive itself. Stock, the biggest annoyance is the high center of gravity. Lots of traction rolling. LCG chassis is cheap enough. Brushed or brushless it's a fun drive. I have a castle sct motor/esc. Love it. I had it geared up so it was nice and fast. Turns out, for me anyway, it kinda took the fun out of driving it. That truck really wasn't built to go that fast and turn! With the tall gears it was fun to drive in a straight line but that's all it could do at those high speeds.
    It's geared back to the stock gearing. Much more fun because it actually handles good and it's SO much nicer to the rear tires.
    Last edited by Bashnslash; 01-11-2018 at 03:03 PM.

RC poster
    So I guess I'll keep the slash and make it into a on road only vehicle with a lcg frame as far as the power system Should I put my velieon vxl3 combo in or buy the castle sct combo what would the top speed I would be looking at if I kept the stock gearing and ran on 3s

Here ya go, don't get lost in there. It will give you an idea of speeds you'll get for most any thing

http://www.scriptasylum.com
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    To piggy back on this post my son and I are bashing (playing tag) and also go to a local clay track with are two stock slashes. We've already have installed a LCG kit on both and upgraded the shocks. We were thinking of doing the power up to brushless but also see a lot of talk about castle motor/esc set ups. Is there one Castle kit that would be good for us or should we just use the Traxxas Poewer up program? Should we also upgrade the controller to get TSM also? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaySlashX2 View Post
    To piggy back on this post my son and I are bashing (playing tag) and also go to a local clay track with are two stock slashes. We've already have installed a LCG kit on both and upgraded the shocks. We were thinking of doing the power up to brushless but also see a lot of talk about castle motor/esc set ups. Is there one Castle kit that would be good for us or should we just use the Traxxas Poewer up program? Should we also upgrade the controller to get TSM also? Thanks
    From my understanding the power up program isn't all that it's cracked up to be. They use the suggested retail price which is alot higher than the street price for the velineon. Castle is a great company with good customer service and support, this is why almost all of my cars have Castle in them. However, there is more options out there depending on what direction you want to take. Big power washer with track time just for fun or serious track time and occasional basher. Also what batteries you run out want to run. Look into castle's SCT combos but keep in mind the mamba x is a better ESC than the sidewinder sv3.

TSM will really help control the vehicle with the added power. Some say it makes it more fun, others don't believe in it and say learn throttle control. That choice is up to you, me personally I'll only use TSM on 2wd vehicles. Keep in mind you can't use TSM in races.

Final thought, be careful this rabbit hole is deep. Once you fall it's hard to get out. All things considered just remember, keep having fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Cool. I was looking at the Castle SCT combo with the fan on it since we live in Florida. I see we can use Nimh or Lipos. I did buy a new charger ( HiTec x2 Black Edition) so I can charge both. I haven’t made the leap into the lipo battery yet. I need to learn more about them so I don’t ruin them. We are not into competition racing, just want to have more fun with a little more speed with a budget of having to buy two of everything.

RC Enthusiast
    Cool. I was looking at the Castle SCT combo with the fan on it since we live in Florida. I see we can use Nimh or Lipos. I did buy a new charger ( HiTec x2 Black Edition) so I can charge both. I haven’t made the leap into the lipo battery yet. I need to learn more about them so I don’t ruin them. We are not into competition racing, just want to have more fun with a little more speed with a budget of having to buy two of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySlashX2 View Post
    Cool. I was looking at the Castle SCT combo with the fan on it since we live in Florida. I see we can use Nimh or Lipos. I did buy a new charger ( HiTec x2 Black Edition) so I can charge both. I havenít made the leap into the lipo battery yet. I need to learn more about them so I donít ruin them. We are not into competition racing, just want to have more fun with a little more speed with a budget of having to buy two of everything.
    I sent you a pm so we don't hijack the thread

RC Qualifier
    Fix it and buy the erevo.
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH