RC Competitor

Enlarging the receiver box to accommodate wires/harnesses and other upgrades

Good morning/afternoon,

I am curious to know if anyone has successfully enlarged their receiver box. It's getting a little crowded in the receiver box with the addition of the extra fans for the Mamba MXL-6S ECS and motor. I can't decide if I want to order another receiver box to modify by cutting the top off of one and using epoxy or something to seal the two halves, or try to DIY another solution. Any input appreciated!

I am also going to be installing a Castle Creations CC Bec 2.0 15A to run a single Savox SW-1210SG servo in the near future. This single servo should have more torque than both of the stock Traxxas 2075 servos combined. I will see how it performs on the trails running this new setup. I was going to rebuild the 2075 servos using the Savox SW0231MG gear set as I read these were a compatible replacement for the factory plastic gears, but think I will just upgrade to the single Savox SW-1210SG.

Late x-mas gift to myself you might say

I absolutely love my Summit! It's probably one of the most capable RCs that easily tackles any terrain with control due to those locking differentials. Has anyone purchased a TRX-4 yet and or would you recommend to a current Summit and Summit VXL owner?

Kind regards,
    Hman

RC Competitor
    So I sold my Summit and donít have pictures to show you but... I did exactly what your talking about. I took two same boxes and trimmed the rim off the bottom ridge of one and cut out the bottom of another and used JB Weld to seal them together which basically doubled the height but retained the factory seal for the upper half of the top box if that makes sense. I really wish I had pictures for you. It mounted and sealed perfect but gave me enough room for the Castle y adapter, T-Lol and extra LEDís I added. More than enough room. It worked flawlessly. Please ask me questions if I was confusing on how I described it. I can make things and do math all day long but explaining my thoughts in writing is not one of my strong suited. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    By the way. I sold my Summit for the TRX-4. The Summit can get over WAY not obstacles but I just enjoy the Scale look while on a trail. Thatís all I really do is trails and light bashing. No crawling really. Waiting for that Bronco kit and long arm lift kit and 2.2 Cantons to come out for it. Getting the Castle 2280 Mamba X when all those new Traxxas parts hit shelves. Hoping it will be my perfect trail truck.
    This exact build but with a Castle 2280.

mailto:sylasgames11@gmail.com

RC Competitor
    F. Meant to paste the link. Not my gaming email.

https://m.traxxas.com/news/new-product/sema-preview

RC Competitor
    Thank you for sharing! I think I am going to do as exactly you described as I always dread opening the receiver box/case with all the wires from the various servos, lights, and fans I have installed. That new truck looks so cool!! I am going to have to get that when it comes out for sure! I do only own a Summit and Summit VXL. I too am a preferred fan of trail driving over anything else. My wife and I like going for hikes so its something fun to enjoy/incorporate while spending time outdoors.