RC Competitor

Revo flipping when turning

Hey guys,
    I have my revo broke in and tuned now. My problem is that it wants to flip over alot. I have the p2 rockers installed with silver springs in front and blue springs in back. 50wt oil, and the pushrods in inner setting. I did have some pre load on the springs (for ride height only) i have since back off the pre load ( havent ran it w/o pre load).

Any other suggestions ? I dont race i just bash. Its a monster truck i thought it could be higher LOL. I love the speed but im willing to give up some speed if need to.

Before (with pre load)
    26829048_10155797528601206_51453003_o by eric riley, on Flickr
    26754923_10155797528636206_1125438131_n by eric riley, on Flickr
    26692791_10155779219576206_1631080473_o by eric riley, on Flickr

After (no pre load or very little)
    26829889_10155797524636206_1208623188_o by eric riley, on Flickr

Ive got the long travel rockers on mine with a little preload n no probs. Ill get pics tonite of where my springs are set. Maybe itll help u get ur setup rite

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

With the center of gravity high above the centerline of the wheels you'll have to take that into account when turning. So:

1. Lower the ride height. Or
    2. Slow down before cornering. Or
    3. Install Traxxas or Tekno sway bars.
    The Super Derecho

I love my Tekno anti-sway bars. I don't know how they compare to Traxxas ones but I'm sure there's info on this forum.

IMO, the LT rockers aren't needed to have fun bashing with this truck. I have mine setup so when I land a jump the chassis just barely hits the ground. This avoids unnecessary stress on the suspension during hard landings.
    Last edited by chops1sc; 01-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Racer
    Get the Traxxas shock valves to better be able to adjust damping/rebound characteristics. To me it sounds like way too stiff of a chassis now especially considering the weight of the truck. Swaybars will not help if suspension is set up too stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBurner View Post
    Revo flipping when turning, any other advice
    Try cranking in some negative camber on both ends, or at least no positive camber.
    You also might lower it.

Heres mine. I havnt changed my preload, this is how it was set wen i got it. I just changed chassis. The 1st pic of side veiw is gently sittin it on the floor, 2nd pic is droppin it to ride height

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Try cranking in some negative camber on both ends, or at least no positive camber.
    You also might lower it.
    +1 on that for starters Rich2....
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Heres mine. I havnt changed my preload, this is how it was set wen i got it. I just changed chassis. The 1st pic of side veiw is gently sittin it on the floor, 2nd pic is droppin it to ride height

those chevron tires prolly help it slip more im using the stock maxx tires and they grip pretty good on pavement

those chevron tires prolly help it slip more im using the stock maxx tires and they grip pretty good on pavement
    They do pretty good on dirt n gravel, but i dont like them on pavement. The talons o had on it ripped a chunk open. They seemed to be good for pavement n dirt, but i think the gravel is what tore the tire

Finally got my revo body dun. Not the best paint job, but ita work lol

And hid the easy start

RC Competitor
    For just bashing around, not rock crawling, or racing, is the sway bar kits worth it? i do run on pavement but also grass/dirt maybe a trail. No huge jumps just normal jumps. Will the sway bars mess with the suspension for this?

For just bashing around, not rock crawling, or racing, is the sway bar kits worth it? i do run on pavement but also grass/dirt maybe a trail. No huge jumps just normal jumps. Will the sway bars mess with the suspension for this?
    I have never had any trouble with my anti-sway bars and bashing. I run like you do, no major jumps but I do like to hit a few jumps here and there.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Racer
    Sway bars for the win.
    I can still traction roll my revo, but itís not easy. I just wish trx made a set for the 1/16th.

Maxx 8S

RC Competitor
    I got the Traxxas sway bar installed on my REVO. Pretty easy to install, a little time consuming. The drilling was a piece of cake with the template.

My issue is. Im running the gravedigger Body. So i dont want a wing. is there a bumper modification i can do to get a rear bumper installed without interference from the sway bar kit?

RC Competitor
    Correct me if im wrong but i just need the wing mount to add bumper and just not install the curved arms or wing ?

RC Racer
    Sway-bar kit should come with a plate and long screws as it needs to be attached with the rear toe links. No need for a wing, rear bumper can be mounted as usual.

RC Competitor
    I have my sway bar set just like yours. but the bumper block the turnbuckle travel. the kit says I need the wing mount. so do i just need the mount?

RC Racer
    I have my sway bar set just like yours. but the bumper block the turnbuckle travel. the kit says I need the wing mount. so do i just need the mount?
    Ah, ok. I see what you mean.... I guess you can use the wing mount to attach your bumper and simply dremel/cut off the top part if you donít want to mount a wing.

RC Competitor
    I just want the bumper so when i land on my while bashing it doesnt break anything and 1st thing in the way is the new sway bar lol
    Last edited by Double G; 01-29-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: language

RC Competitor
    Ok so added the sway bar kit (havent got to run it yet). Also added the wing mount so i can reinstall the bumper. I believe it will help protect the rear sway bar and rear of truck incase of end landings lol. I also decided to mount some mashers on geode rims. I love the look plus mashers seem to have a good reputation for bashing. Just need a couple more smaller things to complete the truck (cosmetically) like green hubs/hex nuts. Oh and of course the Jolly Roger flag Next to american flag LOL
    27650207_10155856260786206_1880049900_o by eric riley, on Flickr
    Last edited by Double G; 02-02-2018 at 09:15 AM. Reason: language