RC Competitor

Newbie Nitro slash questions

I've been out of the RC hobby since the '90's. My last car was an RC12 w/ a green machine engine lol. The nitro cars, especially this new Slash 3.3, are a little intimidating b/c of the sheer speed & power. It's been too cold to do the break in so I've bought some parts to hopefully minimize breakage & maximize reliability, stability & control. Parts I added are a Traxxas aluminum bellcrank, higher trq/waterproof 2075 servos vs the stock 2055's and Traxxas front caster links and steering blocks.
    My 2 main questions are:
    1)I have Traxxas 1952x rear carrier hubs coming. What way should I mount them for maximum stability regarding rear toe in during the break in procedure on concrete?
    2)Any other mods that would provide more stability and/or durability to the truck especially while I learn to drive again?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MT79 View Post
    I've been out of the RC hobby since the '90's. My last car was an RC12 w/ a green machine engine lol. The nitro cars, especially this new Slash 3.3, are a little intimidating b/c of the sheer speed & power. It's been too cold to do the break in so I've bought some parts to hopefully minimize breakage & maximize reliability, stability & control. Parts I added are a Traxxas aluminum bellcrank, higher trq/waterproof 2075 servos vs the stock 2055's and Traxxas front caster links and steering blocks.
    My 2 main questions are:
    1)I have Traxxas 1952x rear carrier hubs coming. What way should I mount them for maximum stability regarding rear toe in during the break in procedure on concrete?
    2)Any other mods that would provide more stability and/or durability to the truck especially while I learn to drive again?
    Thanks
    #1 Your rear hubs will be left and right. The rear toe is +/-1* by changing the arm mounts. It comes
    with -1* if I remember correctly and I wouldn't worry to much about it, I run mine on the pavement that way.

#2 I have the mod's you already have plus aluminium shock caps.
    I have six other trucks and the nitro slash is by far my go to truck.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    #1 Your rear hubs will be left and right. The rear toe is +/-1* by changing the arm mounts. It comes
    with -1* if I remember correctly and I wouldn't worry to much about it, I run mine on the pavement that way.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    #2 I have the mod's you already have plus aluminium shock caps.
    I have six other trucks and the nitro slash is by far my go to truck.
    I like the sounds of that. Nitro Slashes look like they can be a lot of fun. I'll be looking into getting aluminum shock caps in the near future. Thanks again.