RC Competitor

Exclamation will not turn off when pressing the button

i have to unplug the id connectors to get it to turn off. also my lipos are not working. i charge them and theyre fully charged but when i plug them in i get nothing, no steering or throttle no lights at all, no sound, complete nothingness. the nimh's work but only for about 3-5 minutes. not sure if thats because i need to wear them in a few times because there still new or what. with my sons teton we had to run the batterys a few times before they would actually run correctly for 15+ minutes, so im thinking thats it, just need to keep running them to work them in a bit. i have about 5 nickles and 4 lipos, 2 of the 4 lipos are still coming in the mail. the other 2 i got with the car from ebay. now the car is super clean and looks amazing inside and out. i got super lucky buying it used from ebay. came with the traxxas dual charger and many other upgrades, metal wheel hubs and extenders plus rpm arms all around. super lucky, all that for just $225/ amazing. anyways my lipos dont work but they could be bad since theyre used but if thats the only thing wrong with this used purchase, im fine with that just hope the new lipos work. theres more of a description of my "Grevo" in my profile. my main concern is that the rc will not turn off when pressing the button and the only way it will shut down is when i unplug the battery. smh. any ideas or knowledge on this would be awesome. thanks

RC Competitor
    Hi - 1st, not every ESC will run Lipos. Assuming you have the right ESC, it has to be programmed to run Lipos. See here:
    https://traxxas.com/support/Programm...-Speed-Control
    If it still won't run Lipos then perhaps the ESC needs replacement.

2nd, I wouldn't be concerned about the car not turning off when pressing the button on the ESC. You should never leave your batteries plugged in to the Revo anyway, and unplugging the batteries will definitely power it off.
    I am pit crew for my son's Bigfoot No.1

RC Competitor
    Thanks and I figured it out. It was set to run lipo but I had nickle in it atm. So the esc I think thought the volts were down or something. I switched it over and now it's running great. I never leave it plugged in. I do have a nother questions but it's about the suspension and the hight. Just bought my merv off of eBay and it's set up for on road speed runs. It's fast, super fast but I'm not looking for speed runs. I want to bash and jump with my youngin and his teton. The shocks, knuckle's and push rods are all set to make it lower to the ground. I need to raise it back up to stock and I don't know what size knuckles and push rods to get. Could it also be the A-arms? Theyre after market. What size is stock? I want summit springs all around with 100 wt oil and sway bars. That much I know. but I still need to lift this thing up. How do i revert back to stock hight and what size would that be when i go to buy parts for it. Help please! Lol

I could be wrong but I think I remember mine coming with a tag on the esc that said something about removing the battery to turn it off and to not use the button because it could cause some issue but that was probably 8 years ago.

As for the ride height tightening down the shock collars should help some. The pushrods and turnbuckles should be fine but you could upgrade them to aluminum if you want #7118X #7138x, for the summit rocker arms you'll want #7156 and for springs you have a few choose from but I believe black #7148 and purple #7246 were the go to combo.

I'd recommend downloading the manual as it has some helpful info if you haven't already.
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

RC Competitor
    Thanks. The rods and knuckles are not stock. It came lowered and I just want it higher and tightening up springs isn't doing that for me. I think I need the red traxxas rods and knuckles.

RC Enthusiast
    Check to see if your shocks have the plastic bushing inside. It comes with the rally version. Unscrew the plastic end of the shaft and push it through the cap end. It's a spacer that limits the throw of the shock and drops it to the ground.

RC Competitor
    i did actually do that when changing the oil to 100wt. i have aluminum push and tie rods coming so hopefully that will raise it higher. Oo and the summits black springs plus summit long rockers all around too should be here soon. thanks

Do you have any pics of your car?

RC Champion
    If you are going to run two packs in parallel, you will want to get purple rear and blue front springs. Even with just a single pack, that's still a good combo for rough off road driving.

There is only one length of pushrods for the merv/mini summit, so unless the previous owner had modified them to get shorter, the new ones won't change anything. Knuckles also won't affect ride height, nor will the rockers. Summit rockers allow more overall travel than Merv rockers (more up and more down), but don't affect ride height. The shock collars and springs are the only thing that affect ride height. Black springs with the shock collars 3/4 of the way down give about the same ride height as purple springs with the collars 1/4 of the way down...
    Dacaur

Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    If you are going to run two packs in parallel, you will want to get purple rear and blue front springs. Even with just a single pack, that's still a good combo for rough off road driving.

There is only one length of pushrods for the merv/mini summit, so unless the previous owner had modified them to get shorter, the new ones won't change anything. Knuckles also won't affect ride height, nor will the rockers. Summit rockers allow more overall travel than Merv rockers (more up and more down), but don't affect ride height. The shock collars and springs are the only thing that affect ride height. Black springs with the shock collars 3/4 of the way down give about the same ride height as purple springs with the collars 1/4 of the way down...
    I think the summit rockers do add a bit of height because I had them on the front of mine with the standard on the rear and there was a noticable rake to it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I have them front and rear on mine, and with both front and rear springs the same (started with purple on all 4 corners before changing to blues in the front), and shocks collars set the same, there is a noticeable rake to it as well. Weight distribution is not 50/50 front/rear.....

When I changed all 4 at the same time, without doing anything to shocks, the right height was the same before and after the change. (arms flat)
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    id love to up load photos but dont know how. anyways i put the long travel rockers all around and have the same ones but aluminum coming in the mail. aluminum tie rods are still on their way too. i did get my gpm shocks in and with the solid gold springs with 500wt this thing is a champ! i did have 100wt in the stock shocks but my rear end would not rebound. so i found the gpm shocks for a great price and refilled them with the heavy weight oil. dont worry it does compress and rebound back. haha i love the height i have into it now. also painted a slash body for it. so now its been transformed into a E-slittso. smh. trying to figure out a name the incorprates all 3, summit, slash and e-revo since it has parts from all 3 now. my monster e-slittso. haha smh oo and 2.8 duratrax lockups

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-12-2018 at 08:00 PM.

RC Competitor
    the whole suspension is summit basically. i guess you could say i have a summit now. smh i hate the summit body. summit summit summit. summit everything! haha will have soon HR hubs & HR hub extenders plus HR brake discs for looks, HR axles front & rear, gpm center drive line shaft. with the bigger tires im going to try gear ratio 23-53 and if that isnt enough ill go from there. many more upgrades but mostly just for looks. Oo im thinking about the roll cage by i n t eg y. i try not to say that word out loud. lol only because they make it for the chassis. i really dislike the one that goes around the body. eww thats ugly. did i mention i hate the revo body shell as well. i currently have 2 bodys very nice bodys for my grevo. 1 ford raptor, scale version, 2 is a slash body nicely paint as well. ill have to figure out how to upload photos

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...sting-Tutorial
    I use a site called imgur for my pics.

RC Competitor
    thanks i think i figured it out. now trying to find that start new thread button. haha