Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How 'bout that? New vehicles???

Bigsquid is reporting something big...

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/double-meg...-desert-truck/
    The Super Derecho

I saw the video yesterday but waited to speculate... Exciting!!!
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Why do I even have a bank account? I should just have direct deposit going straight to Traxxas...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Yeah baby.....!!!

Oh boy. The trophy truck looks sick!! Wonder what the new E Revo will be like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm super stoked to see both trucks! I want the E-Revo 2.0 the most, but it al depends on what's new. I'm going to do as much digging on these as I can and I'll report back if I find anything.

EDIT: Just got of the phone with my Traxxas rep. Let's just say I heard enough that I"m not going to get any sleep this weekend. All I can really say is that we should be hearing and or seeing a press release on the UDR truck with all of the amazing details and goodies early next week, and the E-Revo 2.0 by the end of the month. Stay tuned guys.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-19-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Why do I even have a bank account? I should just have direct deposit going straight to Traxxas...
    Lol. I already told my wife (the bank) I 'm getting the new Revo. Can't wait...

Glad to see one of the best Monster Trucks is going to be even better.. Even if it is electric....

Sorry, still a Nitro Nut called Nitronaught....

I wonder if Big Squid has someone employed at Traxxas, they always seem to get the jump on things.....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 01-19-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

and....Traxxas for the Arrma knockout. I'm betting these are the answers to all of Arrmas 1/8 truck line. Traxxas doesn't mess around! dang!
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    so.. I am excited for this new vehicle. Not thrilled with the teaser picture. the picture on their site, is not of the traxxas truck that's coming out. Its just a picture of the rigid industries Trick Truck.

that's a full size real truck.

Gotta wait till traxxas releases the picture.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Oh great here we go again. Another truck and I need more money. I've already got the wife talked into another truck that I've had my eye's on and now this. Maybe if I'm really good want a will bring me one.

RC Enthusiast
    Just curious... What’s the likelihood that Traxxas would roll out any minor updates/changes to existing/relatively new vehicles while announcing these brand new vehicles? (I don’t know what Traxxas’ track record is in this regard.)

I asked because I’m on the verge of picking up a TRX-4... but I certainly don’t need to be in a hurry if the current model is going to see some changes based on initial feedback.

Keep a close eye on the Traxxas front page and on here shortly after tomorrow morning guys, from what I understand we should see info in the morning.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-22-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Just curious... What’s the likelihood that Traxxas would roll out any minor updates/changes to existing/relatively new vehicles while announcing these brand new vehicles? (I don’t know what Traxxas’ track record is in this regard.)

I asked because I’m on the verge of picking up a TRX-4... but I certainly don’t need to be in a hurry if the current model is going to see some changes based on initial feedback.
    Traxxas is notoriously tight-lipped on its new developments, but they have said that there will be a kit version of the TRX4 along with a new Bronco body, other than that, who knows.

Simple rule of RC innovation, if you are sitting on the fence waiting for the next big thing to come out, you will never get off of it. There is always something new on the horizon, go with what you know right now, get the truck that will put the grin on your face, and just know that something new will come along.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Greatscott, Good to know regarding Traxxas’ typical level of sharing. I know some companies (in any industry) go one way and some go another. Being new to this arena, it just occurred to me when I started reading the speculations that I had no frame of reference here. (I work in architecture and software and training, so change and improvement is a constant.)

As for sitting on the fence, I’m not really. I can tell from all the discussion here, and in my LHS, and reviews, and videos, that the TRX-4 is a pretty great (though not perfect) vehicle. I can’t imagine that I will be disappointed with it, plus it is so new that I would also be a bit surprised if it even got a slight modification already. And really, if Traxxas did change something on it already, it’s probably something I could (and will) change myself as time goes on and “the addiction” takes hold.

Now what I am even MORE curious to see is if a Summit 2 is indeed revealed in the near future, as I have already picked a Summit as my second vehicle! Yes, I am getting a little ahead of myself, I know

im already saying my goodbyes to my slash!
    a new bigger slash would be sweet
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

I am anxious to see what this straight axle short course truck is all about. If they stick to the detail orientation towards the real thing, it should be pretty cool
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Looks like they're waiting on the media team to get everything together for the release, so sometime this week if not at the start of the Nuremberg toy fair we should see more info.

RC Champion
    Looks awesome, but they are pretty late to the party with the trophy truck style truck. They could have made some serious money if they came out with that car 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    Looks awesome, but they are pretty late to the party with the trophy truck style truck. They could have made some serious money if they came out with that car 8 years ago.
    Well they've had the Slash in 2wd and 4x4 for longer than that, and if you ask me since the Losi Super Rey coming out here shortly it's perfect timing for it's size.

Usually, I would say "Bummer, I just bought a traxxas." But I bet you that it will cost around $700 - $1200 and I will never have enough money to buy a Traxxas like that. :P
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Champion
    True but people have wanted a solid axle trophy truck for the better part of a decade now. If they could have gotten a solid axle style trophy truck in production about 8 years ago they would have had the market cornered, now they have several big competitors to compete with. I'm just saying they missed a big opportunity to make a lot of money. None the less it should be an awesome car, I might have to buy one when they come out to keep my custom built trophy truck company.

RC Racer
    SUMMIT v2 (Larger)

Seems like a Revo 2.0 would lead to a Summit 2.0...?

Quote Originally Posted by SummitonSlingrs View Post
    Yes. They would be crazy to not update the Summit as well. Heck, honestly I think the Summit outsells the E-Revo now days.

Would lead to a everything 2.0

Think about it, first 4-Tec 2.0, now a E-Revo 2.0, makes me wonder if Traxxas is going to go through their entire lineup making new 2.0 models. . .
    "Gone racing"

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Yes. They would be crazy to not update the Summit as well. Heck, honestly I think the Summit outsells the E-Revo now days.
    Truth, I literally bought a summit and just put a mmx 2200kv setup and e revo body post wing and bumpers on it

Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    I don't think so. Baja Rey punks the Score, I'd expect this to punk the Rey. That means we could be seeing desert style races, yee haw!!! Not late too the party, just gonna break necks when it drives by, just like the TRX 4 did to the brand "A" nay sayers.

Also, another brand just introduced a 1/6 scale version of an unlimited truck ( has no licensing so I'll call it by its generic classification) for a pretty hefty price, calling it the Super _______________. Personally, I'm not impressed. Let's see it Traxxas.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    I don't think so. Baja Rey punks the Score, I'd expect this to punk the Rey. That means we could be seeing desert style races, yee haw!!! Not late too the party, just gonna break necks when it drives by, just like the TRX 4 did to the brand "A" nay sayers.
    It's definitely cool to see the desert style cars breaking into the market now. The score was loosely based off some of our custom trophy trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashMaxx4x4 View Post
    Would lead to a everything 2.0

Think about it, first 4-Tec 2.0, now a E-Revo 2.0, makes me wonder if Traxxas is going to go through their entire lineup making new 2.0 models. . .
    Just like anything electronic or with wheels. 1:1's (depending on the manufacture) update every few years to keep sales up. Traxxas has been collecting checks selling the same equipment and for years. If it's not broken don't fix it. Now that the market is evolving it is time to come out with new products (TRX-4) and update others (2.0's)

Just like anything electronic or with wheels. 1:1's (depending on the manufacture) update every few years to keep sales up. Traxxas has been collecting checks selling the same equipment and for years. If it's not broken don't fix it. Now that the market is evolving it is time to come out with new products (TRX-4) and update others (2.0's)
    Thats true. If they keep coming out with 2.0 models though, my wallet is going to go into hiding.
    "Gone racing"

Disclaimer:

Someone posted this rc version of that rigid industries truck on facebook.

No idea if its real or not, but since ya'll like to speculate, heres one more photo for ya guys.

I personally know traxxas would never release a vehicle without their logo on it... so I'm calling this a "axial"

little clip from the internet about 2012 scx10

"Rigid Industries LED Lighting has the released a new Axial radio control (RC) vehicle that includes working LED lights based on Rigid lighting products."

meh, just wish they would hurry up and take my money already!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    Nice find with the pic.

Looks like a great truck.
    "Gone racing"

RC Racer
    Hears a question if the 1/10-1/8 erevo/summit platform get a update do you think it's possible to see a 1/16 erevo/summit platform updated as well to mimic bigger brother? Maybe I'm just dreaming
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post

Disclaimer:

Someone posted this rc version of that rigid industries truck on facebook.

No idea if its real or not, but since ya'll like to speculate, heres one more photo for ya guys.

I personally know traxxas would never release a vehicle without their logo on it... so I'm calling this a "axial"

little clip from the internet about 2012 scx10

"Rigid Industries LED Lighting has the released a new Axial radio control (RC) vehicle that includes working LED lights based on Rigid lighting products."

meh, just wish they would hurry up and take my money already!
    That's awesome! I wish it would be 1/10th scale, but I'm anxious to see it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
    Hears a question if the 1/10-1/8 erevo/summit platform get a update do you think it's possible to see a 1/16 erevo/summit platform updated as well to mimic bigger brother? Maybe I'm just dreaming
    I would doubt it, because they just re-released the summit vxl and e revo brushed

RC Racer
    Was a dream. But would it hurt them to offer a brushed 1/16 summit
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

person who posted the pic, posted that it was indeed an axial truck.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

It won't take much for Traxxas to make something better than the Yeti SCORE. I went to a track with friends each with a SCORE. They left mangled and broken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast