RC Competitor

Seriously worst servo ever

I ran my 2.0 for the first time other than minor testing. The servo crapped out after 5 minutes, really traxxas, I know your servos are poor but five minutes without a bump and the gears strip, the servo saver did nothing.

Take my advice traxxas, just don't fit anything if this is your effort, the quality of this servo is just insulting to the brand.

I fitted an old cheap plastic geared servo that out performed your stock servo in every way.

If you respect our opinions you won't delete this thread. Deleting will pretty much say it all.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=MikeyRC;642806
    If you respect our opinions you won't delete this thread. Deleting will pretty much say it all.
    Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

My opinion is quite different than yours. The 2075 servo is in all
    my trucks, only ever striped one, and that was from a barrel roll
    after a jump on a dirt track, and I've been doing this awhile.

RC Racer
    Maybe you got a lemon dude. Just chill. And I highly doubt traxxas reads the forums so don't make us have to here that. Cuz we probably won't respond next time. Call traxxas they will send you a new one. I have had my 2075 servo for 2 years without issues. It's by far the best servo I've ever come across.

The Traxxas distributor in the UK may hook him up, but I don’t believe Traxxas will act directly in this case.
    I find it interesting that the OP rants about one failure and tries to draw conclusions about actions related to that rant. One could just as reasonably claim that trashing a servo “after 5 minutes” can “pretty much say it all” about how he drives or treats his vehicle. Doesn’t seem fair to make that assumption, does it? Well, perhaps then neither are his assumptions and claims about the 2075 servo. Food for thought.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    I agree with you.

RC Competitor
    Yeah, sorry guys, my post was typed in anger, in the morning things seem way less important.

I read many posts from other forums saying how crap the servo was and I got a little heated. No one likes their new toy to break within five minutes.

I ordered a futaba on eBay last night to give it a bit more punch.

As I say, apologies for my rant everyone, it all seems a little childish now to be honest.

I like this forum and don't want to be "that guy", there doesn't seem to be many of us around who love the 4tec so I should be helping others not being a child.

I am off to hang my head in shame.

Please feel free to delete this thread mods as it serves absolutely no purpose to anyone.

Last edited by MikeyRC; 01-20-2018 at 04:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I personally had not had a single issue with the 2075 servos, especially now that Traxxas not has Metal gears available for them. If it is still under warranty definitely give Traxxas a call, they are awesome about getting warranty issues fixed asap....at least with me they have.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Enthusiast
    There is a metal gear set you can get for the 2075. Oops just noticed this was mentioned. Still waking up apparently.

RC Competitor
    I stripped the servo down this afternoon to see the damage, two teeth missing from the large gear, I keep old servos in a box and found a matching gear.

The servo is how residing in my son's rock crawler. Easy fix at least.

RC poster
    I had the same problem. All I did was loosen the nut on the server saver to give more flex and haven't had a problem since.

RC Qualifier
    I run the 2075X in my Brushless E maxx never had a problem even with the stock 2075's and the only reason to go 2075X was i thought it might help with the steering when i put the Jumbo Kongs on but really it's just peace of mind over the plastic,never stripped or damaged a servo yet. Knock on wood.

RC Competitor
    I put it in my son's crawler to give it a gentle life but it stripped gain, I just had a dud, it happens and I am not bothered by it anymore despite my rather childish original post.

I use a cheap metal servo by tower Pro now and it's brutally strong, £8 for a pair, you can't go wrong, also 25 tooth so is compatible with the stock servo saver.

The car is a joy to use, mine is a drifter at the moment and it's so good.

Traxxas nailed it with this 4tec.

Wow that was a temper tantrum post if I ever saw one. Take the deep breath BEFORE posting rather than after. It'll spare you the embarrassment in the future.

All brands have defects. You should have contacted Traxxas before posting this.

We all get disappointed and frustrated, sometimes for good reason. So you’re human (not childish.)
    Don’t spend too much energy beating yourself up...there are always others waiting to do that for you.
    More on topic: I have seen that many inexpensive servos have issues with centering, especially after having been run a while. Please let us know if yours eventually exhibits this.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Wow that was a temper tantrum post if I ever saw one. Take the deep breath BEFORE posting rather than after. It'll spare you the embarrassment in the future.

All brands have defects. You should have contacted Traxxas before posting this.
    Thanks for the godly words of wisdom, I assume you have never acted in haste before, Unfortunately as I am not god like i made a rash post that I regretted after. Thanks for your opinion.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    We all get disappointed and frustrated, sometimes for good reason. So you’re human (not childish.)
    Don’t spend too much energy beating yourself up...there are always others waiting to do that for you.
    More on topic: I have seen that many inexpensive servos have issues with centering, especially after having been run a while. Please let us know if yours eventually exhibits this.
    Thanks for the human comment, those who know me will tell you otherwise

I thought the same thing about cheap servos not centering properly, these were cheap on eBay, next time I am up my lhs I will pick up something decent, tracking straight is more important than turning.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    Thanks for the godly words of wisdom, I assume you have never acted in haste before, Unfortunately as I am not god like i made a rash post that I regretted after. Thanks for your opinion.

Be human. Admit it was a temper tantrum, which you already did above, and move on. Don't try to be condescending. Of course I've posted in haste before...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Be human. Admit it was a temper tantrum, which you already did above, and move on. Don't try to be condescending. Of course I've posted in haste before...
    I think my earlier posts admitted my haste, what I don't need is you trying to patronise me two weeks afterwards, you are a little late to this party.

I made my error and I apologised for it, your judgement is not required or wanted.

RC Qualifier
    Everyone of us have put our foot in our mouth at some time and we all have skeletons in our closets, MikeyRC I appreciate your honesty and any of us that haven't ranted at some time is lying (no disrespect intended to anyone) were all here to learn about RC stuff so let's go, spring is coming lol.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Everyone of us have put our foot in our mouth at some time and we all have skeletons in our closets, MikeyRC I appreciate your honesty and any of us that haven't ranted at some time is lying (no disrespect intended to anyone) were all here to learn about RC stuff so let's go, spring is coming lol.
    Amen to that brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    spring is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    Amen to that brother.
    Hallelujah
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC poster
    OK, to a NOOOB like me, what ball-bearing digital all metal service do you people run ? No bashing for me; just GO-FAST GRAND PRIX and steeeeply banked oval for me��.

RC Qualifier
    I don't see anything wrong with venting frustration...

Every post can't be rainbows and puppy dogs.

RC Enthusiast
    Stripped the gears in my 4tec. Metal gear kit ordered so will be updating my 2075. $20 for a gear set or you can buy them with new with installed for 50. Was a mine incident and mine blew. Have not tore down yet but quite obvious the teeth broke.

RC Enthusiast
    I will just state the facts. When our club had its first 4 tec spec race on the carpet, within the first 10 laps, 3 people (including myself), broke servo gears in the 2075. The trend continued. The club decided to allow the 2075x servo or metal gear replacement in the stock oem 2075.

There have been some reports of the servo saver on the Ford GT being tight from the factory. Was any adjustment made prior to running?

RC Qualifier
    Well, just bought a metal gear set for my servo.....one guess why. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Well, just bought a metal gear set for my servo.....one guess why. LOL
    Had you adjusted the servo saver? Do you consider it to be acceptable loose? Do you think it would strip no matter how you set it? I'm not challenging, just curious regarding the extent of the issue as you see it.

RC Qualifier
    I loosened it a little bit when it was new. After I put the new gears in I will probably loosen it a little more.

It has lasted me around 20 races before it gave up....not really a hard hit that took it out either. Oh well, I won't have to worry any more now.