Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97

    E-revo 2.0 ?! GET HYPED

    Rumor has it traxxas is set to release a couple new trucks in the coming months !!

    Video: https://youtu.be/mPHE_MpH9W0
    Bigsquidrc article: https://www.bigsquidrc.com/double-me...-desert-truck/

    Apparently a new 1/7 baja short course truck as well as a redesign of the e-revo platform !!

    I could barely find any content at all on this subject. I figured i would help get the hype train going and share what little info we have so far !

    Please share any updates/hype/speculations !!!

  2. #2
    RC Racer Frontline1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    242
    Subscribed... I haven’t been able to find very much either. Very curious!!

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,638
    It's set to release at the Nuremberg German toy fair later this month on the 31st.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Andover Township, NJ
    Posts
    306
    GREAT more R/Cs! Wife is not going to be happy. Up to 57 vehicles!!!!!!! I have NO more room

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    244
    Can I have one, you would never know one was gone lol.

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8
    Reliable Sources are saying that Traxxas will be offering the 2.0 in a roller form for us guys who want to swap all our stuff over.

  7. #7
    RC Champion SlashMaxx4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,006
    The roller for has been confirmed as well.

    Looking forward to seeing both new trucks.
    "Gone racing"

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8
    I was going to order a TRX-4 Wednesday, but I believe Im going to wait now, I really want that Bronco Kit in RED. I Had an old red and white truck two years ago, regret getting rid of it.

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97
    Update: we seem to have a possible name for the 1/7 desert truck:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    The info on the UDR will be released early next week with all the pictures and specs on it.

    EDIT: UDR stands for Ultimate Desert Racer, and that's what it's going to be called.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    287
    interesting. let's see what happens in nuernberg at the toy fair next week.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97
    More details !!!

    https://youtu.be/ZKcgAOAVT7g

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pembroke, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    193
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    269
    Not sure if these are legit or not. If they are. It looks good!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    5
    Looks amazing x Maxx wheels and tires with driveshafts to match and axles by the looks plus the cushdrive I’m sold take my money please

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    570
    Looks like No bodyclips too?

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Looks like No bodyclips too?
    Same concept as x maxx.. I really like it!

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    It looks like a genuine 2.0 meaning it's a beefier, stronger, and better designed iteration. I like it. Hopefully it's great and shuts up those trolls from the copycat brand.

  18. #18
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97
    Huh, doesn't look like 90 % new parts to me...Was thinking it would perhaps be worth buying to replace the old one... Cant wait to see more details. I'm sure the drive line is fully revamped. I love that they are starting to expand on the x-maxx's body technology and use it on more vehicles. I wonder why they added a little guard for the shocks. I wonder if they have strengthened the chassis at all. Seems like they're pushing the self righting lol, i hope its beefed up enough to handle it.

    Can't wait for some high def detailed pics !!

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    570
    Is it an rtr or roller as previously rumoured?

  20. #20
    RC Champion SlashMaxx4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Is it an rtr or roller as previously rumoured?
    There will be a rtr and a roller, both have been confirmed. Don't know when exactly they are due, but rumors say mid to late February.
    "Gone racing"

  21. #21
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97
    http://www.redrc.net/2018/01/2018-nu...yfair-traxxas/

    Pics of the desert racer it seems...

    I LOVE the paint job

  22. #22
    RC Champion SlashMaxx4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod15 View Post
    http://www.redrc.net/2018/01/2018-nu...yfair-traxxas/

    Pics of the desert racer it seems...
    Nice find!
    "Gone racing"

  23. #23
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    200
    Love the paintjob and wheels/tires on the revo. Other than shock and body mounts I don’t see s lot of changes. Extended wheelbase rear a arms, rear chassis brace, steel drive shafts, probably a center diff....so Traxxas simply sells the new Revo with all of their used to be aftermarket parts already mounted, changes a few cosmetic things and says “90%” different from the previous Revo!? Wow, still suffers from losing a-arm pins in the rear if skidplate wears through and super flexy all plastic chassis???Not enough for me so far to buy it to be honest, and if I were looking for a 1/8 mt I would look elsewhere....It just seems as if the “new” Revo simply finally is up to par with other manufacturers truggies/monster trucks for bashing.....way too much plastic still and too toylike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Love the paintjob and wheels/tires on the revo. Other than shock and body mounts I don’t see s lot of changes. Extended wheelbase rear a arms, rear chassis brace, steel drive shafts, probably a center diff....so Traxxas simply sells the new Revo with all of their used to be aftermarket parts already mounted, changes a few cosmetic things and says “90%” different from the previous Revo!? Wow, still suffers from losing a-arm pins in the rear if skidplate wears through and super flexy all plastic chassis???Not enough for me so far to buy it to be honest, and if I were looking for a 1/8 mt I would look elsewhere....It just seems as if the “new” Revo simply finally is up to par with other manufacturers truggies/monster trucks for bashing.....way too much plastic still and too toylike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It apparently to have the Xmaxx Cush drive and diffs, ill pick up a roller and add bits as I go

  25. #25
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    someone in another post had a pic from their local hobby store taking pre orders and the new one was only $20 more than what I just paid in December for the current model. Stinks for me I guess. I will probably run mine as is for a while then start to upgrade later in the year.

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen1979 View Post
    someone in another post had a pic from their local hobby store taking pre orders and the new one was only $20 more than what I just paid in December for the current model. Stinks for me I guess. I will probably run mine as is for a while then start to upgrade later in the year.
    I'm hoping a lot of parts can be retro fit to the current model. The chassis still looks very similar.. if not the guys that part out RCs will have a good day.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    97
    http://www.redrc.net/2018/01/2018-nu...yfair-traxxas/

    Super pics of the desert racer, i know this is an e-revo forum, but hey !
    Looks awesome !!!


    Found some higher res pics of the e-revo from another angle: http://www.redrc.net/2018/01/2018-nu...s/#more-145601

    Looks like the parts used for the body mounting system are installed right into the original body posts..
    Last edited by Demigod15; 01-31-2018 at 05:51 PM.

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Pembroke, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    193
    Cool. Stuff.
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

  29. #29
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    167
    newly revised E-Revo 2.0. The last E-Revo was absolutely a legend for its bashing capabilities, the new version is beefed up to the hilt. Here is some of what we know-

    * Old bodies will still fit
    * All new design
    * Self righting
    * Body now attaches like the X-Maxx, no body clips
    * Reinforced chassis
    * X-Maxx sized diffs
    * Mod 1 transmission
    * New shocks, tougher a-arms
    * X-Maxx sized steel CVD driveshafts
    * Redesigned ESC
    * Starts shipping in March
    * Estimated pricing of $589.99
    http://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-new-trax...burg-toy-fair/

  30. #30
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    86
    Interesting to see if the bulk heads fit revo 1. Might have to go the roller route and and swap out electrics. Looks like they’ve done a good job of improving the right parts. Nice.
    Can’t beat a revo for grin factor

  31. #31
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    236
    Looks like the only downgrade is going from a castle esc to a traxxas esc. If im not mistaken that looks like a vxl-8s? Its hard to see if it says 6 or 8 in the pics.

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    570
    Any rrp on the Roller

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. vxlrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Va
    Posts
    7,179
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmonk View Post
    Looks like the only downgrade is going from a castle esc to a traxxas esc. If im not mistaken that looks like a vxl-8s? Its hard to see if it says 6 or 8 in the pics.
    I think that's the vxl 6S

    I'm wondering about the bulkheads and the new diffs. I'm also wondering what's interchangable.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I think that's the vxl 6S

    I'm wondering about the bulkheads and the new diffs. I'm also wondering what's interchangable.
    100% of erevo owners are thinking this. If I could just get the bulk and diffs from this one I'll be happy.. upgrade other parts as they break. Hubs and aarms I'd wait for RPM to update to new specs. The Xmaxx driveline in a 1/10 would be mint!!

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I think that's the vxl 6S

    I'm wondering about the bulkheads and the new diffs. I'm also wondering what's interchangable.
    Great, hopefully its not the junk vxl-6 that was in the xmaxx.

  36. #36
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    100% of erevo owners are thinking this. If I could just get the bulk and diffs from this one I'll be happy.. upgrade other parts as they break. Hubs and aarms I'd wait for RPM to update to new specs. The Xmaxx driveline in a 1/10 would be mint!!

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    True story!

  37. #37
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I think that's the vxl 6S

    I'm wondering about the bulkheads and the new diffs. I'm also wondering what's interchangable.
    The traxxas 6-s vxl esc now included, is that a downgrade from the previously included castle or in many peoples opinion the same and no big loss .?

  38. #38
    RC Racer X-Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmonk View Post
    Great, hopefully its not the junk vxl-6 that was in the xmaxx.
    this vxl6s was re-designed and based off of the vxl8s as it says at traxxas.com under the UDR page, "New VXL-6s™ ESC with Telemetry"

  39. #39
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    The traxxas 6-s vxl esc now included, is that a downgrade from the previously included castle or in many peoples opinion the same and no big loss .?
    It's a downgrade for sure... but it's not too bad. Seems like all the traxxas esc at some point so then you could get a castle.

    I must say my vxl8 from my Xmaxx has been fine but I would miss the programming and bec power of the mamba x in an erevo

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    It's a downgrade for sure... but it's not too bad. Seems like all the traxxas esc at some point so then you could get a castle.

    I must say my vxl8 from my Xmaxx has been fine but I would miss the programming and bec power of the mamba x in an erevo

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Yea, but I'm going to guess that Traxxas had a bunch of them left over after the 8s X-Maxx was released and they are using up old stock that would have otherwise been wasted, the driveshafts might also be 6s stuff. Also Traxxas seems to have updated the VXL-6s with Telemetry like @X-Maxx said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •