BeauDoug

SMC Racing Charger return...Buyer beware

I got an RC car for the first time. I went with SMC for the battery and charger. The charger failed on one channel with my first charge attempt.

Spoke with Danny and he told me that I had to send back. 180 for charger, 51 to send back and 51 for exchange. I chose to refund and take a 50 hit instead of 100 hit for a crappy charger.

Buyer beware when dealing with SMC chargers.

As a side note he only offered to send me a call tag after I sent him the shipping manifest to his email but wouldn't before. Not sure if this is his game, but he was my first vendor experience after ordering truck from traxxas

A friend has two of those chargers and he's very happy with them.

In regards to your post - let me first caution people there are always two sides to every story.

The return shipping should be on SMC for sure and I'd be very unhappy with him.

BeauDoug
    I judge a company on how well they handle the situation when things go bad, not how well they react when things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauDoug View Post
    I judge a company on how well they handle the situation when things go bad, not how well they react when things go well.
    I take the whole picture into account. One bad review from a random guy on the forum with 2 posts (the first being a complaint about SMC Racing) isn't the whole picture and should be taken with a grain of salt.

BeauDoug
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I take the whole picture into account. One bad review from a random guy on the forum with 2 posts (the first being a complaint about SMC Racing) isn't the whole picture and should be taken with a grain of salt.
    More post = more credibility

New the the rc hobby. Thanks for the warm welcome random guy on the internet

You missed the point completely.

Your "warm" intro to this site was to complain and throw SMC under the bus. My response was only as warm as your intro.

Being new to the hobby, as you claim, you might not be aware that SMC is a well-respected company that gets overwhelmingly positive feedback. When your first post is to come and bash them people are going to think less of what you say.

I was diplomatic from the start.

BeauDoug
    Lol. That's funny

You're in the same boat as most general public.

Welcome to the hobby! The bigger picture here is that most will see a new member's first post such as yours and either get defensive or have red flags raised in their minds. Is this a fellow member that made a new account just to do a drive-by rant and never be heard from again and continue with their existing account? Or something else? What is this person's intent? It looks odd that a new member would come out guns blazin' even if it is non-Traxxas.

In any case, hope the situation gets worked out for the better, if not, a word of warning to others and I welcome you to a long tenure here in the forums.
    The Super Derecho

BeauDoug
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    You're in the same boat as most general public.

Welcome to the hobby! The bigger picture here is that most will see a new member's first post such as yours and either get defensive or have red flags raised in their minds. Is this a fellow member that made a new account just to do a drive-by rant and never be heard from again and continue with their existing account? Or something else? What is this person's intent? It looks odd that a new member would come out guns blazin' even if it is non-Traxxas.

In any case, hope the situation gets worked out for the better, if not, a word of warning to others and I welcome you to a long tenure here in the forums.
    Thank you for the well thought out diplomatic reply!! New to the hobby, I think I pushed Danny far enough that he is at least refunding the shipping. Like pulling teeth.

That will definitely be enough bickering.
    Got it?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

BeauDoug
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    That will definitely be enough bickering.
    Got it?
    you wont hear from me again.